ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Charles Likes New Offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272229)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-18-2013 05:39 AM

Charles Likes New Offense

Chiefs | Jamaal Charles likes new offense
Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:37:33 -0700

Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles might break his career high for pass receptions this season, as head coach Andy Reid has used his backs as receivers out of the backfield in years past. Charles is perfectly fine with that. "I'm happy I can catch out of the backfield more," Charles said Wednesday, April 17. "This is the most movement I've been (asked to do) in five years in the league, shifting and motion. This is the most I've ever (done). I have to get my mind right and my body in shape for this type of offense."

FANTASY TIP: Charles was already going to be a bona fide RB1 in all fantasy formats, but he could be especially valuable in leagues which reward points per receptions (PPR). His career high for catches in a season is 45, set during the 2010 campaign.

Comment | Source: The Kansas City Star - Adam Teicher | Share:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chiefs | Jonathan Baldwin off to strong start
Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:36:46 -0700

Kansas City Chiefs WR Jonathan Baldwin is off to another strong start in voluntary workouts this spring. He also had a strong start last season in minicamp when the pads were off, but he disappeared once the pads went on. Baldwin was working as a starter Wednesday, April 17, after serving behind WR Donnie Avery during workouts Tuesday, April 16. "Jon is working hard," head coach Andy Reid said. "He is a unique specimen being as big as he is. He can do some things that other people can't do just by size and strength. It's important he puts himself into position to do that."

Mr_Tomahawk 04-18-2013 05:41 AM

Baldwin; camp beast...game-time pussy.

ChiTown 04-18-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9598494)
Baldwin; camp beast...game-time pussy.

Yep. We heard that same load of crap last year

Imon Yourside 04-18-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9598495)

This is his "Real Deal" breakout year, Jesse Haynes style.

Hoover 04-18-2013 07:04 AM

I think we should just play Baldwin out of the TE spot. He probably can't block worth a shit, but he would create match up problems for defenses.

BlackHelicopters 04-18-2013 07:05 AM

Baldwin will be All Pro. Bank it.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-18-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9598562)
I think we should just play Baldwin out of the TE spot. He probably can't block worth a shit, but he would create match up problems for defenses.

I've been saying this for the last year. I hate to see his talent go to waste here and end up being a stud somewhere else. The guy has talent. I think now with Reid on board we're gonna see a big improvement in McCluster AND Baldwin.

Hoover 04-18-2013 07:11 AM

Baldwin played some out of the TE position as a rookie.

YayMike 04-18-2013 07:12 AM

I think it would be smart to draft a RB in the 3rd so that Charles can be used more in the passing game and we can have another weapon to run the ball when he gets tired. Are they any good RBs in the 3rd we could grab? Even if it is our comp 3rd.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-18-2013 07:20 AM

We have Cyrus Gray. He's gonna be good when he gets play time.

Marcellus 04-18-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9598495)

Yea but it was claimed here that all that was just a ploy planted by Pioli to hype Baldwin so Bowe would sign his tender and show up.

LMAO

YayMike 04-18-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9598608)
We have Cyrus Gray. He's gonna be good when he gets play time.

True, but i think we need a thumper for short yardage. and tough yards to close a game out. I think Gray is a good guy but not for those types of situations.

If we end up taking a LT one overall, get a 2nd for Albert that could be used for a OLB or S, then RB in the 3rd could work. The more playmakers on offense the better. I feel like the last few years if charles isnt on the field, we don't move the ball at all.

InChiefsHeaven 04-18-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 9598684)
True, but i think we need a thumper for short yardage. and tough yards to close a game out. I think Gray is a good guy but not for those types of situations.

If we end up taking a LT one overall, get a 2nd for Albert that could be used for a OLB or S, then RB in the 3rd could work. The more playmakers on offense the better. I feel like the last few years if charles isnt on the field, we don't move the ball at all.

Considering the QB situation, that's true. I do think we need more playmakers, but I don't think our skill positions were really as much of a problem last year as was the QB...

YayMike 04-18-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9598694)
Considering the QB situation, that's true. I do think we need more playmakers, but I don't think our skill positions were really as much of a problem last year as was the QB...

Agreed. And I think Alex Smith is a HUGE upgrade over the horseshit that we've had at QB the last few years that we will see our offense take a few steps forward. Adding another playmaker at RB would seem to make sense.

I have much more faith in the offense than the defense. Using the majority of the draft to get an OLB, ILB, SS, should really be the approach.

DC.chief 04-18-2013 08:15 AM

Oh shit folks Baldwin figured it out. Clear cut #1 fantasy option right there.