ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raise your hand if you're smarter than John Dorsey and Andy Reid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270487)

CanadianChief 02-27-2013 02:36 PM

Why not just wait until the 9er's release him? Why give up so much?

HemiEd 02-27-2013 02:39 PM

Here, both hands raised.

I have been watching this team make the same mistakes over and over for the better part of 43 years now.

I will show them that I am smarter than them by not making the same mistake of dedication to the team that I have had for 43 years. Life is to short.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9446525)
And how is that better than 100 pages of bitching and essentially telling people who disagree to STFU? This place has become the epitome of groupthink.

When a group of people use their own reasoning and simultaneously arrive at the same conclusion, that is called CONSENSUS, not group think. Sorry.

Whosurdaddy 02-27-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9446248)

Clearly I am drinking the coolaid when the vast echo chamber that is chiefsplanet right now is singing the praises of Alex Smith. QFT.

I don't think the value is good, but I think he is the better player this year. I think geno's system makes him a bit overrated and wasn't all that comfortable in hitching our wagon to a rookie that seemingly nobody is enamored with. Keep in mind that the coaches on this team got to interview the class and watch them at the combine and still passed.

I'm wondering if signing smith makes it more likely for another team to try and trade up. It's not out of the question for the chiefs to pick up a 2nd rounder and change in a trade down. If so, you pick up Milner in the 10 range and hopefully see what's available in the 2nd round.

Whosurdaddy 02-27-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

When a group of people use their own reasoning and simultaneously arrive at the same conclusion, that is called CONSENSUS, not group think. Sorry.
Yes, this is a bastion of independent thought.

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/
Noun
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Circlejerk
A group discussion or activity between like-minded individuals that validates mutual biases or goals in a non-confrontational environment.

Sanka 02-27-2013 02:52 PM

http://www.ronalfy.com/wp-content/bl...nd_raising.jpg

what a bunch of turd popsicles run this franchise

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-27-2013 02:52 PM

Yep. Hand up(WAY up), and **** this franchise in the ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy 02-27-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9446449)
So what happens if Alex Smith actually plays well? Do people wipe the tears? Or do they still find problems with him?

What if monkeys fly out my ass? What if Matt Casell beomes a franchise QB with his next team?

DaFace 02-27-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9446637)

And if you believe that's what's happened around here, you're fooling yourself.

ptlyon 02-27-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9446449)
So what happens if Alex Smith actually plays well? Do people wipe the tears? Or do they still find problems with him?

And what happens when he gets another concussion?

Thought so.

Cephalic Trauma 02-27-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosurdaddy (Post 9446697)
Yes, this is a bastion of independent thought.

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/
Noun
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Circlejerk
A group discussion or activity between like-minded individuals that validates mutual biases or goals in a non-confrontational environment.

Did you see the Alex Smith/Matt Cassel thread?

After we all jizz on the cookie in the middle, you can eat it.

OzarksChiefsFan 02-27-2013 02:55 PM

What happened to Dorsey believing in building through the draft?

mnchiefsguy 02-27-2013 02:56 PM

Raising my hand. Rep to you SNR.

RealSNR 02-27-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9446709)

You act like this is a cult around here.

It happens to be a community of Chiefs fans that through the years has evolved in tone and mood to favor this particular brand of Chiefs fan. It's not a friendly place to casual Chiefs fans, nor is it friendly to people who just want to criticize the opinions of others ("You guys are petulant crybabies who don't get their way") while at the same time having no valid opinions of their own ("It's not my team, so I'll just wait and see what happens. Maybe Alex Smith is good.") Lately you've been fitting pretty squarely in the second type.

Whatever the overwhelming opinion is on this board arrived because people came to this place with that particular mindset. Some came here with other attitudes, and then switched after having discussions. Others still latch onto their opinions, but they're still valued football contributors to the community nonetheless.

Calling it groupthink is just being butthurt because your opinion isn't the popular one

BigCatDaddy 02-27-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9446709)

LMAO... because everyone agreed on the hole Sanchez/Cassell thing.