ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   yoga? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=169522)

Fly O.T. McWall 09-08-2007 07:39 PM

yoga?

anyone do it? the wife's suggesting it to relax.

wehre do i start, if i decide to do it?

Buck 09-08-2007 07:39 PM

You should take up smoking cigarettes or wacking it instead, much easier.

Fly O.T. McWall 09-08-2007 07:40 PM

smoking would be bad for high blood pressure, don't you think?

Buck 09-08-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly O.T. McWall
smoking would be bad for high blood pressure, don't you think?

True, I think whacking it is your best option here.

StcChief 09-08-2007 07:44 PM

Sex > Yoga. she may not agree.

the Talking Can 09-08-2007 07:45 PM

yoga is awesome....just get over the "it ain't macho" stereotype....best thing I've ever done, my body was kind of a wreck after a bad accident...

most YMCA's will include it in their membership...or you can find individual yoga instructors but they can be expensive...

start in a begginers class, very important...it will be frustrating as hell for a while becuase you will discover that muscles you didn't know existed are weak and tight...little old ladies will bend into pretzels while you try and touch your toes....but it changes your mood...learn how to breathe right...can't recommend it enough...will make you stronger without gaining mass

whew

Buck 09-08-2007 07:45 PM

Either way, if it doesn't finish with a happy ending, then how can it be considered stress-relieving?

StcChief 09-08-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
yoga is awesome....just get over the "it ain't macho" stereotype....best thing I've ever done, my body was kind of a wreck after a bad accident...

most YMCA's will include it in their membership...or you can find individual yoga instructors but they can be expensive...

start in a begginers class, very important...it will be frustrating as hell for a while becuase you will discover that muscles you didn't know existed are weak and tight...little old ladies will bend into pretzels while you try and touch your toes....but it changes your mood...learn how to breathe right...can't recommend it enough...will make you stronger without gaining mass

whew

Little old ladies in class... I'll pass.

morphius 09-08-2007 07:48 PM

I have a friend that teaches here in town on occasion, I'll see what places he recommends if you like.

It just isn't something for me as stretching is my least favorite part of working out, hehe.

the Talking Can 09-08-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Little old ladies in class... I'll pass.

I was just trying to make an example...actually the classes are 75% women, mostly younger and hot moms...all incredibly flexible...

Fly O.T. McWall 09-08-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
I have a friend that teaches here in town on occasion, I'll see what places he recommends if you like.

It just isn't something for me as stretching is my least favorite part of working out, hehe.

that'd be cool. thanks.

i'm a little self-conscious... i tend to do my exercise in my own house. what about starting it at home and by myself till i'm better or if i figure out i want to continue it?

headsnap 09-08-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly O.T. McWall
that'd be cool. thanks.

i'm a little self-conscious... i tend to do my exercise in my own house. what about starting it at home and by myself till i'm better or if i figure out i want to continue it?

Try a little Chaz Rough...
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/8/prweb419319.htm

I actually know this guy, he as been a musician in Louisville forever... it just seems weird that he has one of the most popular podcasts :eek:

Silock 09-08-2007 07:55 PM

I do it with the wife. It really helps my balance and flexibility for sports. It's just glorified stretching, but stretching is an important part of staying healthy and preventing injury.

Jilly 09-08-2007 08:05 PM

We tried it with a tape, that was ridiculous. It claimed to be a beginner's yoga... it wasn't. We found that out after both of us tried a move and landed flat on our faces

Fire Me Boy! 09-08-2007 10:09 PM

Damn. Yoga. The thought makes my joints hurt.