ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Teenaged Girl; Looks Bored; SHREDS Van Halen! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273285)

007 05-23-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703948)
What is your point?

Never mind. You are just too good for me anymore. I bow to your greatness.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9703956)
Never mind. You are just too good for me anymore. I bow to your greatness.

What? Dude, I was asking a simple question. I'm not being flippant, I just didn't understand where you were coming from. Geez.

007 05-23-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703964)
What? Dude, I was asking a simple question. I'm not being flippant, I just didn't understand where you were coming from. Geez.

Dane my point was right there for you to read. For some reason you want to find some hidden meaning behind it. I said what I said and I said what I meant. I'm not saying this kid is better than EVH. THAT would be stupid. She isn't. Doesn't mean she can't be. The odds are astronomically not in her favor but who are you to say otherwise. I'm sure somebody said Alanis Morrisette was never going to have a future as well.

Hopefully this kid feeds off of the negative comments and proves them wrong. But, if she doesn't, it doesn't change my opinion of her right now, in this moment. That was 3 minutes of music that I enjoyed listening too. Unlike millions of other videos that I find to be a complete waste of time.

Remind me to not post a video of my daughter singing.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9703973)
Dane my point was right there for you to read. For some reason you want to find some hidden meaning behind it. I said what I said and I said what I meant. I'm not saying this kid is better than EVH. THAT would be stupid. She isn't. Doesn't mean she can't be.

Hopefully this kid feeds off of the negative comments and proves them wrong. But, if she doesn't, it doesn't change my opinion of her right now, in this moment. That was 3 minutes of music that I enjoyed listening too. Unlike millions of other videos that I find to be a complete waste of time.

Remind me to not post a video of my daughter singing.

I don't even know where to start.

She's 14 years old and if her videos are to be taken seriously, she hasn't exhibited any interest in song writing or structure or going beyond learning what's been done (a million times, I might add) before her. Besides that, her playing is mediocre at best and conveys absolutely no emotion.

Secondly, YouTube pays per hit, so she or her parents know the value of exploiting this girl, which I think is dreadful. It's a novelty act "Oh, see my little girl play Van Halen or see her play this classical piece". If you think that her videos were posted with "good intentions", I have to disagree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9703973)
The odds are astronomically not in her favor but who are you to say otherwise. I'm sure somebody said Alanis Morrisette was never going to have a future as well.

And lastly, I worked in music business side for more than a decade. I've seen, firsthand, how true artists are developed and nurtured (including Alanis and no, you were completely wrong. She was signed when she was 14 years old.).

I've also seen more than my fair share of "wanna-be's" and people only looking out for fame, songwriting and musicianship be damned. And considering that I continue to work in the music business to this day and associate with numerous people working in fields throughout the industry, I think that I have enough wisdom and knowledge to "say".

I'd give her the same advice as I give people constantly: If you want to be a virtuoso, learn piano and go to school.

If you want to have a career in the music business, learn how to write songs. Spend every waking moment writing. Otherwise, your chances of making a career in the music business is less than zero.

Mr. Laz 05-23-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9701150)
Seriously, where have you guys been the last 35 years? You can walk into any Guitar Center or Sam Ash in the country and hear kids playing Eruption. It's been part of the musical vocabulary now for 30+ years.

And she doesn't play it cleanly, either. The hammer-on/tapping thing is well done but that's easy. The picking and fingering is fairly sloppy.

once again we are reminded why your name starts with Douche.....

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9704065)
once again we are reminded why your name starts with Douche.....

And once again, you prove that you are a douche

Munson 05-23-2013 05:43 PM

Pretty good for a teenage girl.

But she needs to add a little "feeling" to it.

QuikSsurfer 05-23-2013 05:59 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...6pzdo1_400.gif

Brock 05-23-2013 06:07 PM

Pretty common. Spent much time on youtube?

007 05-23-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9704141)

Definitely agree with this comment.

BigMeatballDave 05-23-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9704141)

Who cares?

You can't see "feeling" if you're listening to a CD.

Deberg_1990 05-23-2013 08:30 PM

Dane needs to be the next Judge on American Idol. He could fill the Simon/villain role.

BigMeatballDave 05-23-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9701150)
Seriously, where have you guys been the last 35 years? You can walk into any Guitar Center or Sam Ash in the country and hear kids playing Eruption. It's been part of the musical vocabulary now for 30+ years.

And she doesn't play it cleanly, either. The hammer-on/tapping thing is well done but that's easy. The picking and fingering is fairly sloppy.

LMAO

007 05-23-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9704878)
Dane needs to be the next Judge on American Idol. He could fill the Simon/villain role.

LMAO

Consistent1 05-23-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9704861)
Who cares?

You can't see "feeling" if you're listening to a CD.

What is a CD?