ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Teenaged Girl; Looks Bored; SHREDS Van Halen! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273285)

gblowfish 05-22-2013 04:02 PM

Teenaged Girl; Looks Bored; SHREDS Van Halen!

Yikes!
http://gawker.com/teen-girl-unimpres...hale-509270465

vailpass 05-22-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9700867)

Impressive. Nailed Eruption cold.

Baby Lee 05-22-2013 05:22 PM

Performances of this type are like an alien land to me, I can play most anything with a mouthpiece. Main kit is my Tenor Sax, but I started off with the clarinet, then later taught myself trumpet, baritone, flute and oboe. Naturally, I am at ease on soprano, alto and baritone saxes as well.

But hand me a mallet or something with strings and I'm out of my element. Guitar most of all as I am left handed, which means there's a paucity of people who could even mentor me.

DJ's left nut 05-22-2013 05:25 PM

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

I ****ing hate talented people. That's amazing.

Dayze 05-22-2013 05:29 PM

I'm in love with that Meytal chick on you tube. Talk about effortless

Dayze 05-22-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9701107)
Jesus tapdancing Christ.

I ****ing hate talented people. That's amazing.

Lol. This. I used to come close to playing like that...when I was stationed in the middle of nowhere and played 5 hrs a day.......but it was still a bitch lol.

Did you watch her other vid when she was little playing the classical guitar? Reading music? ....makes me want to punch myself in the dick

DaneMcCloud 05-22-2013 05:43 PM

Seriously, where have you guys been the last 35 years? You can walk into any Guitar Center or Sam Ash in the country and hear kids playing Eruption. It's been part of the musical vocabulary now for 30+ years.

And she doesn't play it cleanly, either. The hammer-on/tapping thing is well done but that's easy. The picking and fingering is fairly sloppy.

Dayze 05-22-2013 05:55 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/468...razy-man-o.gif

Dude, she's 14 lol. Plus, she's much better at classical guitar it seems. Shit, she probably just got a hair up her ass to play electric and it probbably took her about 2 hours to learn it.

Kaepernick 05-22-2013 06:17 PM

Van Halen bait.

The irony is 14 year old girls became Van Halen's target demographic.

Radar Chief 05-22-2013 06:20 PM

I remember when Eddy Van Halen was god and all my guitar playing friends practiced Eruption until their fingers bled trying to figure it out. Now it's so ho-hum little girls are doing it.

DaneMcCloud 05-22-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9701173)
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/468...razy-man-o.gif

Dude, she's 14 lol. Plus, she's much better at classical guitar it seems. Shit, she probably just got a hair up her ass to play electric and it probbably took her about 2 hours to learn it.

I don't care how old she is, it's the fact that every teenaged kid, male or female, can play it. It's part of the vernacular these days and quite honestly, it isn't impressive.

Now, if she had actually composed a track using finger tapping, speed picking, etc., that would be impressive.

Kind of copping a 35 year old staple? Not so much.

DaneMcCloud 05-22-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9701232)
I remember when Eddy Van Halen was god and all my guitar playing friends practiced Eruption until their fingers bled trying to figure it out. Now it's so ho-hum little girls are doing it.

Exactly

Consistent1 05-22-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9701233)
I don't care how old she is, it's the fact that every teenaged kid, male or female, can play it. It's part of the vernacular these days and quite honestly, it isn't impressive.

Now, if she had actually composed a track using finger tapping, speed picking, etc., that would be impressive.

Kind of copping a 35 year old staple? Not so much.

And every teenager can run a 4.3 too. Kid is pretty decent.

Fairplay 05-22-2013 06:46 PM

:rockon:

Dayze 05-22-2013 06:47 PM

"Dad look what I just learned. 'Eruption'"!

"Meh" / Dane.

lol. I'm just giving shit . I know it's a staple of every beginners goal etc, but it's still impressive. From what I've always seen, kids can play most of tapping but not much else of the song. Myself included.
However, if she started cranking out Flying In A Blue Dream.....now that would be impressive.

Fairplay 05-22-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9701100)
I can play most anything with a mouthpiece.

You're setting yourself up Baby Lee, but I will be merciful.

Dayze 05-22-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9701232)

Eddy Van Halen sounds like a cool ass Grandma.
:D

Fairplay 05-22-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9701348)
"Dad look what I just learned. 'Eruption'"!

I can play that blind folded.

007 05-23-2013 12:28 AM

You know. I don't give a crap if it is standard or not. If a 14 year old kid can play that it impresses me. JFC why does everyone to shit all over things like this.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9702480)
You know. I don't give a crap if it is standard or not. If a 14 year old kid can play that it impresses me. JFC why does everyone to shit all over things like this.

It impresses you because you don't spend time in music stores, nor do you teach guitar or play it.

It's far more impressive for a ten year old to play Bach, Mozart and Paginini on piano, which happens every single day worldwide, yet some 14 year old girl that films herself on YouTube playing guitar is somehow "impressive".

It's not.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 12:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9701364)
Eddy Van Halen sounds like a cool ass Grandma.

Yep

007 05-23-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9702482)
It impresses you because you don't spend time in music stores, nor do you teach guitar or play it.

It's far more impressive for a ten year old to play Bach, Mozart and Paginini on piano, which happens every single day worldwide, yet some 14 year old girl that films herself on YouTube playing guitar is somehow "impressive".

It's not.

Doesn't change the fact that people don't have to shit all over it.

Dayze 05-23-2013 07:46 AM

check out her other vid on the classical guitar.
She will be, if not already, a great guitarist. I seriously think she decided fairly recently to give electric guitar a shot. I agree - the classical, jazz type guitarists are very skilled.

Chiefnj2 05-23-2013 07:52 AM

Dane is jealous the little girl can shred better than him.

vailpass 05-23-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9701150)
Seriously, where have you guys been the last 35 years? You can walk into any Guitar Center or Sam Ash in the country and hear kids playing Eruption. It's been part of the musical vocabulary now for 30+ years.

And she doesn't play it cleanly, either. The hammer-on/tapping thing is well done but that's easy. The picking and fingering is fairly sloppy.

Your talents and taste are more refined than most of ours. I did notice her reverb was off but it was still good to listen to. Funny, I have a friend who works for Guitar Center, ess moved from Phoenix to the LA location where he runs their Classics center, now rubs elbows with lots of the greats.

jspchief 05-23-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

You're so dane

Stryker 05-23-2013 08:33 AM

I saw that yesterday - I think its incredible personally.

The Franchise 05-23-2013 09:22 AM

She doesn't look bored. She looks like she's just concentrating really hard.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9702554)
Doesn't change the fact that people don't have to shit all over it.

Look, I'm going to put this in perspective for you guys.

There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of children under the age of ten years old that play classical piano competitively. They are amazing players that are judged in competitions. Some go on to schools like Juliard, some go the symphony, so and so forth. I'm talking amazingly talented.

This video is of a 14 year old that's "kind of" playing Eruption. Big deal. You can walk into just about any music store across the nation (if not the world) and hear kids playing Eruption and far more complicated guitar parts that are played much better.

But since her parents think she's "special", they've made videos of her to put on Youtube to "share" her "specialness". She's not special and personally, I think it's rather exploitative.

Now, as I said earlier, it would be impressive had she taken the techniques used by EVH and Steve Vai and countless others to create something new. Instead, it's a pale imitation.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9702779)
She doesn't look bored. She looks like she's just concentrating really hard.

And the irony here is that EVH is an extremely "natural" player. Eruption was a second take. Spanish Fly was first take.

He is extremely musical, even when drunk off his ass. There are no words to describe his musical genius.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9702624)
Dane is jealous the little girl can shred better than him.

It's somewhat surprising that your real life takes are worse than your football takes.

I didn't think that would be possible.

gblowfish 05-23-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703109)

There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of children under the age of ten years old that play classical piano competitively. They are amazing players that are judged in competitions. Some go on to schools like Juliard, some go the symphony, so and so forth. I'm talking amazingly talented.

This video is of a 14 year old that's "kind of" playing Eruption. Big deal. You can walk into just about any music store across the nation (if not the world) and hear kids playing Eruption and far more complicated guitar parts that are played much better.

But since her parents think she's "special", they've made videos of her to put on Youtube to "share" her "specialness". She's not special and personally, I think it's rather exploitative.

Now, as I said earlier, it would be impressive had she taken the techniques used by EVH and Steve Vai and countless others to create something new. Instead, it's a pale imitation.

That's an interesting perspective, I can see why you might say that. I still think the kid is quite talented, especially for her age.

mikeyis4dcats. 05-23-2013 11:16 AM

Guitar Hero has ruined the world for the working musician!

ModSocks 05-23-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703109)

I agree with you to an extent. I agree that there are thousands of kids out there that are just as talented, or even more talented than this girl, and that you can walk into a guitar center and hear people shredding just like her.

But that shouldn't be a knock on this girl. Even if she isn't that special, it shouldn't take away from the fact that what she did isn't exactly easy. She put a lot of work and a ton of practice into that im sure.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9703123)
That's an interesting perspective, I can see why you might say that. I still think the kid is quite talented, especially for her age.

Here's what it really comes down to: What is playing Eruption mean? In reality, it means nothing. If she was writing hit songs at age 14, that would show talent. Alanis Morissette was writing hit songs then and later sold more than 30 million records. People like Carol King were writing songs in her teens and sold millions upon millions of records and is absolutely amazing. Jackson Browne signed his first publishing deal as a teenager and wrote hit songs. That's real talent.

To further that, I've got a good friend that's a talent manager that signed not one, but two bands in the past six months to major label record deals (Warner Brothers and Uni) that feature kids still in high school (although the lead singer of one of the bands is graduating next month). Again, that's real talent.

Copying a 35 year old guitar solo does not display talent, IMO. It's a parlor trick.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9703134)
I agree with you to an extent. I agree that there are thousands of kids out there that are just as talented, or even more talented than this girl, and that you can walk into a guitar center and hear people shredding just like her.

I'm not "knocking her" per se, I'm just trying to diffuse the "OMG, she is SO TALENTED" nonsense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9703134)
She put a lot of work and a ton of practice into that im sure.

If that's the case (and I have absolutely no idea), then she's not a natural. Also, you can tell by the video that her sense of timing isn't quite right as well. EVH swings and plays "behind the beat". In the video, she doesn't have that going on.

IMO, the ability to "swing" and play behind the beat is one of the biggest indicators of musicianship, as is the ability to sing.

otherstar 05-23-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703164)
I'm not "knocking her" per se, I'm just trying to diffuse the "OMG, she is SO TALENTED" nonsense.

If that's the case (and I have absolutely no idea), then she's not a natural. Also, you can tell by the video that her sense of timing isn't quite right as well. EVH swings and plays "behind the beat". In the video, she doesn't have that going on.

IMO, the ability to "swing" and play behind the beat is one of the biggest indicators of musicianship, as is the ability to sing.

You know nothing about music and you've just proved it. I suppose you'd say that this little 9 year old has "no talent" because she's not playing an original piece:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFiQ2gPSJDI

Singing has nothing to do with musicianship UNLESS that is your primary instrument. Mozart was a genuine musical genius but there is no record that he could sing well. Playing behind the beat is fine in rock, blues, and jazz, but NOT in all styles of music. You do not want to play behind the beat in symphonic music, for example.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otherstar (Post 9703198)
You know nothing about music and you've just proved it. I suppose you'd say that this little 9 year old has "no talent" because she's not playing an original piece:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFiQ2gPSJDI

Singing has nothing to do with musicianship UNLESS that is your primary instrument. Mozart was a genuine musical genius but there is no record that he could sing well. Playing behind the beat is fine in rock, blues, and jazz, but NOT in all styles of music. You do not want to play behind the beat in symphonic music, for example.

:facepalm:

Mother of God, you're an idiot.

otherstar 05-23-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703233)
:facepalm:

Mother of God, you're an idiot.

You speak from experience, no? :spock:

vailpass 05-23-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703114)
And the irony here is that EVH is an extremely "natural" player. Eruption was a second take. Spanish Fly was first take.

He is extremely musical, even when drunk off his ass. There are no words to describe his musical genius.

Met him once in a hotel room at 5 Seasons Center in cedar rapids, Iowa. Circa 1990. Bottle of Jack in his hand, guitar on bed, on phone fighting with Valerie. Dude is little.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otherstar (Post 9703279)
You speak from experience, no? :spock:

LMAO

Have you even read my posts, Dummy? Or is reading above your pay grade?

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9703303)
Met him once in a hotel room at 5 Seasons Center in cedar rapids, Iowa. Circa 1990. Bottle of Jack in his hand, guitar on bed, on phone fighting with Valerie. Dude is little.

Sounds like you met him on a good night. The dude was addicted to meth for years. I have so many stories I could share but won't, out of respect for the people he attempted to "embarrass".

I'm glad he's got his life back together because he was a nuclear mess.

Donger 05-23-2013 12:39 PM

Wow, she's amazingly talented.

Consistent1 05-23-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703327)
Sounds like you met him on a good night. The dude was addicted to meth for years. I have so many stories I could share but won't, out of respect for the people he attempted to "embarrass".

I imagine being in a big time band would be hard on almost anyone as far as drug and alcohol usage. There aren't a whole lot of jobs out there where you can show up obviously drunk, or high, and still get to work that day.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9703424)
I imagine being in a big time band would be hard on almost anyone as far as drug and alcohol usage. There aren't a whole lot of jobs out there where you can show up obviously drunk, or high, and still get to work that day.

EVH's father began pouring him alcohol when he was ten years old. AVH became sober in the mid-80's and has stayed so since. EVH has been sober since around 2006.

That said, I think their father played a larger role in their alcoholism than being in a rock band.

vailpass 05-23-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703327)

Holy Shit. Seemed like a bad night to me. Props for not talking out of school about what you know.

otherstar 05-23-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703320)
LMAO

Have you even read my posts, Dummy? Or is reading above your pay grade?

Stultissumus es! Da locum melioribus! (translate that MF) :LOL:

Rausch 05-23-2013 02:25 PM

Wow.

If I were 15 again and she was playing Harvester of Sorrow I'd be in love.

As it is I'm just ****ing amazed. She's probably stalked by thousands around the globe and won't have a homecoming date...

Radar Chief 05-23-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9703398)
Wow, she's amazingly talented.

http://i41.tinypic.com/358dudt.gif /Dane

Demonpenz 05-23-2013 02:39 PM

how many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 1 to screw it in 1000 Dane Mclouds saying "Oh you should see how this guy at the lightbulb store screws it in"

Fish 05-23-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9703720)
how many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 1 to screw it in 1000 Dane Mclouds saying "Oh you should see how this guy at the lightbulb store screws it in"

LMAO........

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9703720)

It's an old joke but still funny

Deberg_1990 05-23-2013 03:33 PM

Note to self.....never hire Dane to be my kids music teacher.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9703865)
Note to self.....never hire Dane to be my kids music teacher.

Be sure to set up a curtain, make a video and put them on Youtube though. That makes all the difference in the world.

And you're right: I sucked as a teacher.

Dayze 05-23-2013 03:44 PM

watch Meytal.
I don't think she's a 'kid', but that bitch can play drums effortlessly too.

she's fun to watch too; seems genuinely in love playing the drums.

007 05-23-2013 03:55 PM

With all the other shit on youtube this is shit I can appreciate. Parents are proud of their kids. Parents like to show their kids off. Any kid that can play an instrument that well has talent. I don't give a shit if they wrote the piece or not. If they wrote something themselves then even better. Whose to say this kid won't go on to do her own special things and writer her own shit too? You don't know that she won't. You have no way of knowing that she won't.

JFC

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9703919)
With all the other shit on youtube this is shit I can appreciate. Parents are proud of their kids. Parents like to show their kids off. Any kid that can play an instrument that well has talent. I don't give a shit if they wrote the piece or not. If they wrote something themselves then even better. Whose to say this kid won't go on to do her own special things and writer her own shit too? You don't know that she won't. You have no way of knowing that she won't.

JFC

Yay! Let's celebrate everyone on Youtube! Everyone is special!

007 05-23-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703929)

That is not my point and you ****ing know it.

Donger 05-23-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703929)

Indeed.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bgo0CDL6bd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9703935)
That is not my point and you ****ing know it.

What is your point?

007 05-23-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703948)
What is your point?

Never mind. You are just too good for me anymore. I bow to your greatness.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9703956)
Never mind. You are just too good for me anymore. I bow to your greatness.

What? Dude, I was asking a simple question. I'm not being flippant, I just didn't understand where you were coming from. Geez.

007 05-23-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9703964)
What? Dude, I was asking a simple question. I'm not being flippant, I just didn't understand where you were coming from. Geez.

Dane my point was right there for you to read. For some reason you want to find some hidden meaning behind it. I said what I said and I said what I meant. I'm not saying this kid is better than EVH. THAT would be stupid. She isn't. Doesn't mean she can't be. The odds are astronomically not in her favor but who are you to say otherwise. I'm sure somebody said Alanis Morrisette was never going to have a future as well.

Hopefully this kid feeds off of the negative comments and proves them wrong. But, if she doesn't, it doesn't change my opinion of her right now, in this moment. That was 3 minutes of music that I enjoyed listening too. Unlike millions of other videos that I find to be a complete waste of time.

Remind me to not post a video of my daughter singing.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9703973)
Dane my point was right there for you to read. For some reason you want to find some hidden meaning behind it. I said what I said and I said what I meant. I'm not saying this kid is better than EVH. THAT would be stupid. She isn't. Doesn't mean she can't be.

Hopefully this kid feeds off of the negative comments and proves them wrong. But, if she doesn't, it doesn't change my opinion of her right now, in this moment. That was 3 minutes of music that I enjoyed listening too. Unlike millions of other videos that I find to be a complete waste of time.

Remind me to not post a video of my daughter singing.

I don't even know where to start.

She's 14 years old and if her videos are to be taken seriously, she hasn't exhibited any interest in song writing or structure or going beyond learning what's been done (a million times, I might add) before her. Besides that, her playing is mediocre at best and conveys absolutely no emotion.

Secondly, YouTube pays per hit, so she or her parents know the value of exploiting this girl, which I think is dreadful. It's a novelty act "Oh, see my little girl play Van Halen or see her play this classical piece". If you think that her videos were posted with "good intentions", I have to disagree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9703973)
The odds are astronomically not in her favor but who are you to say otherwise. I'm sure somebody said Alanis Morrisette was never going to have a future as well.

And lastly, I worked in music business side for more than a decade. I've seen, firsthand, how true artists are developed and nurtured (including Alanis and no, you were completely wrong. She was signed when she was 14 years old.).

I've also seen more than my fair share of "wanna-be's" and people only looking out for fame, songwriting and musicianship be damned. And considering that I continue to work in the music business to this day and associate with numerous people working in fields throughout the industry, I think that I have enough wisdom and knowledge to "say".

I'd give her the same advice as I give people constantly: If you want to be a virtuoso, learn piano and go to school.

If you want to have a career in the music business, learn how to write songs. Spend every waking moment writing. Otherwise, your chances of making a career in the music business is less than zero.

Mr. Laz 05-23-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

once again we are reminded why your name starts with Douche.....

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9704065)
once again we are reminded why your name starts with Douche.....

And once again, you prove that you are a douche

Munson 05-23-2013 05:43 PM

Pretty good for a teenage girl.

But she needs to add a little "feeling" to it.

QuikSsurfer 05-23-2013 05:59 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...6pzdo1_400.gif

Brock 05-23-2013 06:07 PM

Pretty common. Spent much time on youtube?

007 05-23-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9704141)

Definitely agree with this comment.

BigMeatballDave 05-23-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9704141)

Who cares?

You can't see "feeling" if you're listening to a CD.

Deberg_1990 05-23-2013 08:30 PM

Dane needs to be the next Judge on American Idol. He could fill the Simon/villain role.

BigMeatballDave 05-23-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

LMAO

007 05-23-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9704878)
Dane needs to be the next Judge on American Idol. He could fill the Simon/villain role.

LMAO

Consistent1 05-23-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9704861)
Who cares?

You can't see "feeling" if you're listening to a CD.

What is a CD?

Molitoth 05-24-2013 11:37 AM

This video has gone viral.

I'm seeing it being linked all over the place.

Bowser 05-24-2013 01:20 PM

I remember when I learned how to play the intro to Dokken's "It's Not Love". I thought that was pretty bad ass. Unfortunately, I didn't learn anything else.

Now this chick shows up and completely burns down another cherished childhood memory. Time to start drinking, I guess.

Dayze 05-24-2013 02:51 PM

I played the shit out of Always With Me Always With You, Summer Song, and Satch Boogie.

I probably drove my roomates nuts. Fun songs to play.
Always wanted to nail Flying in a Blue Dream but for some reason, that song gave me mucho-trouble.

Determined to play Eugene's Trick Bag, I put all other playing on hold for a good month until I got it. But damn....if I didn't play it at least once a weak, it's like a forgot it.