ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports To what extent do you focus on "sports media"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319677)

MahiMike 12-19-2018 01:13 PM

Those that said "rarely" must be getting their total education right here...

...oh my.

Hoover 12-19-2018 01:16 PM

I have a 65 inch flat screen in my office. So since I can’t stand to watch Cable news anymore I watch Dan Patrick and Colin Cowherd daily during football season. My real joy is watching March Madness or Day mlb games while “working”.

Buehler445 12-19-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13970965)
If you are considering the merits of a Nazi-esque eugenics and forced sterilization program, listen to Paul Finebaum's callers

Thank ****ing Christ that’s never on here. But they’d play clips as ads for the show and I couldn’t make it through a 30 second ad. :Lin:

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-19-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13971229)
Thank ****ing Christ that’s never on here. But they’d play clips as ads for the show and I couldn’t make it through a 30 second ad. :Lin:

It used to be on here since Mizzou is an SEC school, but I guess enough people complained that the local ESPN affiliate just runs the national guys instead.

SVP and Rusillo was a legitimately good radio show. The fact that they preempted them for that trash was unforgivable. However, I hate the South. If Mizzou makes it back to the SECCG and I can fit it into my schedule, I'm going down there dressed as Sherman.

Jerm 12-19-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

If you are considering the merits of a Nazi-esque eugenics and forced sterilization program, listen to Paul Finebaum's callers

PAWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL~!!!!

bdj23 12-19-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

ROLL DAHM TIDE!

Pablo 12-19-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 13971281)
ROLL DAHM TIDE!

Bama people and their fans are scum.

Bearcat 12-19-2018 08:46 PM

Watched a lot of ESPN in high school and college, ~15-20 years ago. Started watching less and less, then I remember at one point in ~2009-2010, every show all day was about Tiger Woods, Michael Vick, and a 3rd drama that isn't coming to mind... that was the point where it had completely turned into garbage, and I've watched very little ESPN outside of live sports since then.

I used to listen to sports radio, only because my dad did, when I was in high school... nothing since.

I've never listened to podcasts... haven't ever really considered it. :shrug:

These days, I'll tune in if one of my teams is in a huge game, but even then I don't really get much from it.... after hearing the stories for years, gone through so many seasons, offseasons, so much speculation, etc... I just want to watch the games.

The only exception in many years is the 2014 & 2015 Royals, where I read/listened/watched all sorts of stories about the players and soaked up a lot of media love. Mahomes would probably be an exception if I lived in KC, but not really wanting to watch national stuff just for the bits about him at this point... but, I'm sure it'll happen more often as we see playoff results.

rabblerouser 12-19-2018 09:20 PM

I get most of my news from CP.

Not even joking.

rabblerouser 12-19-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13970127)
I find Kay Adams pretty interesting on their morning show.

http://i.imgur.com/OtK1lj4.jpg

That's my future ex-wife.

Buehler445 12-19-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13971236)
It used to be on here since Mizzou is an SEC school, but I guess enough people complained that the local ESPN affiliate just runs the national guys instead.

SVP and Rusillo was a legitimately good radio show. The fact that they preempted them for that trash was unforgivable. However, I hate the South. If Mizzou makes it back to the SECCG and I can fit it into my schedule, I'm going down there dressed as Sherman.

ROFL

Yeah, SVP and Russillo was really good. And even Russillos stuff after. But, like everything else, all ESPN radio is a giant gimmick or hot take. It's all unlistenable.

Predarat 12-20-2018 02:40 PM

I'm a Sports Talk Radio Junkie, listen to it most days, sometimes many hours. Helps me get through drive time and the work day. Both Local and National.

Predarat 12-20-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13972029)
That's my future ex-wife.

Better get a prenup, looks the exact type to hire a nasty lawyer to clean you dry.

hometeam 12-20-2018 08:05 PM

I listen to ESPN every morning and night on my commute. Its actually the only radio I listen too. If its not that its spotify.

RJ 12-20-2018 08:11 PM

I read sports news a lot more than I watch or listen.