ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The criminalization of our children continues (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272687)

cosmo20002 05-02-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9651585)
Oh yeah, and here's my view on the subject... This country is getting soft and overreacts over stupid crap.

BUT...the cap flew off and there was smoke!! Terrorist attack!! Arrest her!!

So...reckless behavior at school with potentially very dangerous consequences should only be punished if someone is actually seriously injured?

Lumpy 05-02-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651599)
So...reckless behavior at school with potentially very dangerous consequences should only be punished if someone is actually seriously injured?

Punishment for causing a disturbance, (and nothing more)? Suspend her from school. But to arrest her? JFC.

cosmo20002 05-02-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9651608)
Punishment for causing a disturbance, (and nothing more)? Suspend her from school. But to arrest her? JFC.

I didn't defend the arrest--that's up to the police.

Just Passin' By 05-02-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651599)

Did you actually read the article?

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...NEWS/304235005

Lumpy 05-02-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651613)
I didn't defend the arrest--that's up to the police.

So, what is it that you're defending?

My original argument was meant to highlight that I'm annoyed by her getting arrested, not expelled. This happened on school grounds and the school has the authority to make that decision. But the police arresting her for what happened? Insane.

cosmo20002 05-02-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9651614)

I have now. Doesn't change anything. Still hard to tell if an arrest was warrented, but that's up to the cops. Trying to detonate something on school grounds might be an automatic arrest. Anyway, the school definetely needs to take action or else it allows every kid to "experiment" at school with various chemicals to see what they can blow up. You can't seriously be ok with that.

cosmo20002 05-02-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9651616)
So, what is it that you're defending?

My original argument was meant to highlight that I'm annoyed by her getting arrested, not expelled. This happened on school grounds and the school has the authority to make that decision. But the police arresting her for what happened? Insane.

I'm defending the school's actions. I don't know if an arrest was warranted, but intentionally causing an explosion at a school probably is automatically gounds for arrest under the local law. Whether it should be prosecuted--I don't feel I have enough info to have an opinion, but my gut feeling is no.

Just Passin' By 05-02-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651617)
I have now. Doesn't change anything. Still hard to tell if an arrest was warrented, but that's up to the cops. Trying to detonate something on school grounds might be an automatic arrest. Anyway, the school definetely needs to take action or else it allows every kid to "experiment" at school with various chemicals to see what they can blow up. You can't seriously be ok with that.

You can't seriously be ok with a zero tolerance policy, and yet you are. And, according to the article, the girl claims that she thought it would lead to smoke, not an explosion, so you either still haven't read the article or you're choosing to ignore that part of it.

007 05-02-2013 03:25 AM

I hate big science.

chiefsfan1128 05-02-2013 05:39 AM

The only way this makes any sense is if this was not part of a class project.
Then they likely have issues with her using any chemicals, unsupervised, on school property.

Backwards Masking 05-02-2013 06:57 AM

genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for learning from a bright student with a promising future = GTFO.

if she'd been sharing inspirational quotes on facebook like the rest of her moronic counterparts she'd still be a model pupil, sad.

Consistent1 05-02-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 9651732)
genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for learning from a bright student with a promising future = GTFO.

if she'd been sharing inspirational quotes on facebook like the rest of her moronic counterparts she'd still be a model pupil, sad.

Sure, let's make something blow up at 7 am, before classes start. Who knows what it was? Like I've said I'm sure some kid has ****ed up making pop bottle meth in Iowa before. If it was simply explosives, is that really any better? It's just a suspension for a couple days to me, but it doesn't feel right that the girl is a complete victim.

ptlyon 05-02-2013 07:27 AM

Hell. Hell, hell is for children

ChiefGator 05-02-2013 07:45 AM

Absolutely ridiculous...

Mr. Flopnuts 05-02-2013 07:56 AM

This looks like a fun thread to play a game in. Guess which poster is a very little pasty white guy that got picked on in school and hates his tiny penis so much he smacks his ballsack repeatedly to punish himself for it, is.