ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Report: Tebow Almost Certain to Play for Jacksonville in 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267950)

Nightfyre 12-23-2012 03:20 AM

Report: Tebow Almost Certain to Play for Jacksonville in 2013

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...5677--nfl.html
Quote:

According to ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen, the Jacksonville Jaguars are a "virtual certainty" to acquire current New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow in 2013, via free agency or the trade route. Tebow, who remains a bit player with the Jets after the team bumped Greg McElroy above to starter following the decision to bench Mark Sanchez this week, has reportedly requested that the Jets trade or release him.
Tebow, who is from the Jacksonville area, has been the subject of the franchise's interest for quite some time. In March, Jaguars owner Shad Khan put himself in with the Jets in the derby for Tebow's services, offering a fourth-round pick and $3 million to offset Tebow contract with the Denver Broncos. But Tebow chose the Jets, and that hasn't worked out for him at all.
After throwing 126 completions in 271 attempts for 1,729 yards, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions in 2011 for the Broncos, Tebow was relegated to the role of option/gimmick player for the Jets. He's completed six of just eight passes for a total of 39 yards in 2012.
"That would have been the worst thing for Jacksonville and the worst thing for him," Khan said at the NFL's annual league meetings in March after Tebow made his decision.
"He didn't want to come, obviously ... Any one of the 53 players we have, have to be committed to Jacksonville, making us be the best team we are. The question was: Did he want to come? And if the decision had been taken out [of his hands] and we got him, that would not be good for him, or for us."
The Jags were also in a different position at that point -- they were still trying to see what they had in quarterback Blaine Gabbert, who has been a relative failure since he was selected 10th overall in the 2011 NFL Draft. Now, with Chad Henne starting in place of the injured Gabbert, and a far more open quarterback competition forthcoming, Tebow may very well be ready to get back to his roots and see what happens.

this has interesting draft implications!

In58men 12-23-2012 03:23 AM

QQQQQQQuality thread

milkman 12-23-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9233756)

this has interesting draft implications!

The question is, would Khan take the decision to draft a QB out of the GM's hands if they acquire TeBow, or would they still be drafting a QB and adding him to the mix in the competition?

There isn't a smart talent evaluator or coach that would start TeBow ahead of a QB with actual QB skills.

BryanBusby 12-23-2012 07:14 AM

Like the Jaguars would hire anyone smart.

Spott 12-23-2012 07:29 AM

At least he'll be able to carry a clipboard in his hometown if this happens.

ForeverChiefs58 12-23-2012 07:33 AM

I think Vick would be a good fit there as well. Would be finally interesting to watch Jacksonville if they got both. Get rid of the tarps and put asses in seats. Put Tebow in at different positions...FB, TE, split out wide. He would set up a playaction or flee flicker pretty good.

InChiefsHeaven 12-23-2012 08:14 AM

If Timmy proved anything at Denver it's that he's willing to play the game, however they want him to play it, and I actually really hope he goes home to Jacksonville. Never hated Timmy. Hope a homecoming does him some good.

No idea why the hell he went to the Jets.

Mr. Laz 12-23-2012 08:57 AM

So then the Jags will trade or cut Gabbert?

You can't have both ... you either convert the entire offense over for Tebow or you don't pick up Tebow. I suppose Tebow and Vick could both run the same offense but Gabbert is out.

Quesadilla Joe 12-23-2012 08:58 AM

I think Tebow can be successful if you are totally committed to him and his style of play. You need to surround him with playmakers though. Get a guy like Percy Harvin + a big/fast deep ball WR like DT and a RB who can take it the distance on any play and that Tebow offense could be dangerous.

I hope Tebow does find that coach and organization who truly believes in him.

Saccopoo 12-23-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9233804)
The question is, would Khan take the decision to draft a QB out of the GM's hands if they acquire TeBow, or would they still be drafting a QB and adding him to the mix in the competition?

There isn't a smart talent evaluator or coach that would start TeBow ahead of a QB with actual QB skills.

Well, he is going against Chand Henne and Blaine Gabbert if he ends up in Jacksonville, so he'll most likely start there.

And if they do pick up Tebow, Mike McCoy would be the next guy I hire. Guy has done a terrific job with Denver - modifying the offense mid-stream to make it work for Tebow after working it for Orton early in the season then retooling it in 2012 with the same personel for Manning. That type of flexibility is not often seen in the NFL. Usually it's my way or nothing, but he's been amazingly open to change the offense to fit the guy running it.

And anyone who is able to get a career year out of perrenial shit burger Kyle Orton deserves a look.

Shit, I wouldn't mind Hunt taking a look at McCoy for the Chiefs HC vacancy in 2013. Guy has done a terrific job to date.

bevischief 12-23-2012 09:05 AM

It's Jacksonville they have sucked since they became a team.

milkman 12-23-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9233901)
Well, he is going against Chand Henne and Blaine Gabbert if he ends up in Jacksonville, so he'll most likely start there.

And if they do pick up Tebow, Mike McCoy would be the next guy I hire. Guy has done a terrific job with Denver - modifying the offense mid-stream to make it work for Tebow after working it for Orton early in the season then retooling it in 2012 with the same personel for Manning. That type of flexibility is not often seen in the NFL. Usually it's my way or nothing, but he's been amazingly open to change the offense to fit the guy running it.

And anyone who is able to get a career year out of perrenial shit burger Kyle Orton deserves a look.

Shit, I wouldn't mind Hunt taking a look at McCoy for the Chiefs HC vacancy in 2013. Guy has done a terrific job to date.

I mentioned McCoy as a guy that I would be very interested in as a HC candidate several weeks ago for this very reason.

What's he's managed to do in the last 2 seasons is pretty incredible, and highly undervalued since the acquisition of Manning.

As for TeBow, his limitations would limit an offense, as they did last year for the Broncos.

You might win a lot of games, but there is no way that style will ever sniff a SB.

Any team taking on TeBow as a starter is automatically conceding any chance to win anything significant.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-23-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9233816)
I think Vick would be a good fit there as well. Would be finally interesting to watch Jacksonville if they got both. Get rid of the tarps and put asses in seats. Put Tebow in at different positions...FB, TE, split out wide. He would set up a playaction or flee flicker pretty good.

Did you see what happened when the Jets tried throwing to him ROFL. He's a pretty good "goal line" QB and that's about it. He ****ing sucks and was the biggest joke ever to recieve as much hype as he did in Pile High.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-23-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9233897)
I think Tebow can be successful if you are totally committed to him and his style of play. You need to surround him with playmakers though. Get a guy like Percy Harvin + a big/fast deep ball WR like DT and a RB who can take it the distance on any play and that Tebow offense could be dangerous.

I hope Tebow does find that coach and organization who truly believes in him.

You are a buffoon.

DJJasonp 12-23-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9233904)
It's Jacksonville they have sucked since they became a team.

ahem.......they have 5 playoff wins more than we have since their inception.

:banghead: