ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Discussion: NSFW images in spoiler tags (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269468)

CrazyPhuD 01-29-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9362782)
Those pictures have no place on this board outside the nudie thread in the pictures forum and even that says no nipples or clits.

So only dicks and asses are allowed in the nudie thread? Yea I don't think I'll check that out now.....

DaFace 01-29-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9362782)
Those pictures have no place on this board outside the nudie thread in the pictures forum and even that says no nipples or clits.

Yeah, to clarify, it's the "girly pictures thread" not the "nudie pictures thread". Over time, the pics forum has grown to include those kinds of pics outside that thread, but even that's a somewhat newish occurrence.

Buehler445 01-29-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9362761)
I'm actually interested in this discussion as well. It's come up from time to time among the mods, but I'm not sure we've even come up with a firm rule about it.

My general feeling is that NSFW images should be linked only and that the spoiler tag isn't a sufficient method of masking it, but I'm open to thinking about it differently.

That's where I'm at, but I'm not worked up about it either way.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9362747)
I have no problem with properly labeled threads, and even links that are labeled NSFW. That gives me a choice to see them. But when they show up in random threads, there's where I find a problem...

:shrug:

The thing is, if your company is parsing HTML via proxy, the pictures are the least of your worries.

If someone were to post a NSFW link (perfectly within the rules) your IT could still catch that, figure out what it is, and you would be in trouble.

Also don't forget that every letter of text in the forum loads into your browser as well, so when people like me say **** you, you ****ing **** over and over again every ****ing day, that shows up too.

Quite honestly, if you're afraid your work is monitoring you, you probably shouldn't be on here AT ALL.

007 01-29-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9362785)
So only dicks and asses are allowed in the nudie thread? Yea I don't think I'll check that out now.....

LMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9362786)
Yeah, to clarify, it's the "girly pictures thread" not the "nudie pictures thread". Over time, the pics forum has grown to include those kinds of pics outside that thread, but even that's a somewhat newish occurrence.

Hence why I called it nudie.

PaulAllen 01-29-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9362727)
This is such a lame argument. Where I view the thread doesn't change the fact it's against terms of service. And my company has said they don't mind a little personal surfing as long as it's work safe.

It's a lame argument to tell you to not use your company's property to surf potentially unwork safe sites and to use your own devices instead to avoid any trouble? I don't get it.

Rasputin 01-29-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9362778)
What's wrong with links to the NSFW material? That's what we did before spoiler tags...

Who wants to click on links that could be harmful to the computer? Clicking on links can be way annoying when they blog down the computer too.

I really don't see the big deal if they warn with NSFW for the spoiler tag? Simple don't click on the NSFW spoiler at work.

Sorter 01-29-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362789)
The thing is, if your company is parsing HTML via proxy, the pictures are the least of your worries.

If someone were to post a NSFW link (perfectly within the rules) your IT could still catch that, figure out what it is, and you would be in trouble.

Also don't forget that every letter of text in the forum loads into your browser as well, so when people like me say **** you, you ****ing **** over and over again every ****ing day, that shows up too.

Quite honestly, if you're afraid your work is monitoring you, you probably shouldn't be on here AT ALL.

:)

BigRedChief 01-29-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9362778)
What's wrong with links to the NSFW material? That's what we did before spoiler tags...

I think links are a good compromise.:thumb:

007 01-29-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362789)

Ihave a few words set to auto filter so that doesn't happen. It is annoying when somebody posts grape though. LMAO

keg in kc 01-29-2013 06:26 PM

Putting stuff like that in spoiler tags seems very similar to filter evasion to me. Links are one thing, embedding photos, even if they're hidden, is probably a line we shouldn't be crossing on here.

Fire Me Boy! 01-29-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9362795)
It's a lame argument to tell you to not use your company's property to surf potentially unwork safe sites and to use your own devices instead to avoid any trouble? I don't get it.

It's a lame argument because it still applies if I simply don't want trashy pictures on my home computer cache. The fact is it's against the terms of service, and it doesn't matter where I view the thread, it's still against the TOS.

007 01-29-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9362796)
Who wants to click on links that could be harmful to the computer? Clicking on links can be way annoying when they blog down the computer too.

I really don't see the big deal if they warn with NSFW for the spoiler tag? Simple don't click on the NSFW spoiler at work.

Read the OP again.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 06:29 PM

I think somebody needs to define "not safe for work".

Our corporate proxy does not allow us to download pictures of beer, for example.

For the longest time, my AVATAR (a bottle of Das Echte Schwaben Brau) was technically NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

Again, if your company is THAT uptight that an embedded graphic that you didn't even click on could be a potential problem for you, DON'T SURF CHIEFSPLANET WITH A COMPANY COMPUTER.

Quite frankly, if you work for a Fortune 500 publicly-traded company, surfing the Planet - SFW or not - is against company policy.

BigRedChief 01-29-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9362795)

He has a valid point that the community and the mods do need to address. What should be the rule?