ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raise your hand if you're smarter than John Dorsey and Andy Reid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270487)

Hammock Parties 02-27-2013 05:15 PM

Look on the bright side: it's possible Reid suffers a coronary soon.

http://i.imgur.com/fp5Q3ul.gif

duncan_idaho 02-27-2013 05:15 PM

*raises hand*

Scott Pioli's recommended plan, according to his mock draft, is to let Brandon Albert go and draft Luke Joeckel No. 1.

That should be enough to convince ANY Chiefs fan it's the last freaking thing that should be done.

Scott Pioli thinks Geno doesn't have "it" and wouldn't take a risk on him.

That should be enough to convince any Chiefs it's the right thing to do.

Basically, apply CoMOChief rules to Scott Pioli.

RealSNR 02-27-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9447777)
*raises hand*

Scott *****'s recommended plan, according to his mock draft, is to let Brandon Albert go and draft Luke Joeckel No. 1.

That should be enough to convince ANY Chiefs fan it's the last freaking thing that should be done.

Scott ***** thinks Geno doesn't have "it" and wouldn't take a risk on him.

That should be enough to convince any Chiefs it's the right thing to do.

Basically, apply CoMOChief rules to Scott *****.

Yep.

Scott Pioli would have let Branden Albert walk, drafted Joeckel, and acquired Alex Smith. Or some other shitass. The point is, we'd be in the same situation.

Only difference is Pioli is actually a hardass when it comes to negotiations. He likely would have held out strong and gotten the 49ers to do it for a 4th.

Dorsey, being the big dumb ****up he is, paid way too goddamn much

KCFaninSEA 02-27-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9447792)
Yep.

Scott ***** would have let Branden Albert walk, drafted Joeckel, and acquired Alex Smith. Or some other shitass. The point is, we'd be in the same situation.

Only difference is ***** is actually a hardass when it comes to negotiations. He likely would have held out strong and gotten the 49ers to do it for a 4th.

Dorsey, being the big dumb ****up he is, paid way too goddamn much

Didn't you post this when Dorsey was announced as the new GM??

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9311114)
Best. Day. Ever.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-28-2013 12:49 AM

There is a known and proven method for building a modern NFL franchise. The Chiefs clearly have no interest in being a modern NFL franchise, nor do they care to compete at a championship level. They want your ass in the seat, no questions asked. So in closing; **** the Chiefs, I won't do what they tell me.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 04-26-2013 11:28 PM

I'm pretty sure I could have done a better job with this draft.

xztop123 04-26-2013 11:30 PM

I can control my own weight so I'm at least half of the way there

Hammock Parties 04-26-2013 11:31 PM

I am.

Their decision to eschew taking a QB early this year will haunt them.

chiefzilla1501 04-26-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9635958)

You know that I was more than comfortable taking Geno Smith at 1.1.

But let's be real here. You, me, and many of us were both more than a round off on that pick. I was comfortable taking Barkley on either a trade down or if he fell to the 2nd round. I, like many, was several rounds off on that one.

Think this talk is silly. There are few people outside of Kansas City who disliked the Fisher pick or the Kerce pick. Right now, the only pick that's under the microscope appears to be the pick that was pretty much a 4.1.

RealSNR 04-26-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9635967)
You know that I was more than comfortable taking Geno Smith at 1.1.

But let's be real here. You, me, and many of us were both more than a round off on that pick. I was comfortable taking Barkley on either a trade down or if he fell to the 2nd round. I, like many, was several rounds off on that one.

Think this talk is silly. There are few people outside of Kansas City who disliked the Fisher pick or the Kerce pick. Right now, the only pick that's under the microscope appears to be the pick that was pretty much a 4.1.

What about the fact that Dorsey botched both the opportunity to trade down from #1 overall and also the Branden Albert trade? He had two opportunities to acquire a 2nd round pick in a draft where that round is VERY valuable and either stalled or couldn't get anything done.

Which is a big ****ing problem he had to deal with from the very beginning when he got taken to the cleaners on the Alex Smith trade.

Some fine, fine, players came and went in that second round. And we were unable to take any of them.

Hootie 04-26-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9635958)

you would have taken a guy who went in the late 30s 1st overall...

yeah man

great

Dave Lane 04-26-2013 11:41 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...hybuo1_250.gif

Hootie 04-26-2013 11:42 PM

Branden Albert is better than 90% of the players selected in the 2nd round today...history will prove that.

if we have to tag and trade him next year or just let him walk then so be it

oh well

life goes on

Dorsey not bending over and taking it for Albert is fine. Who cares. Now we have two great tackles...no reason to cry about Fisher playing 1 year at RT.

Dante84 04-26-2013 11:43 PM

There is going to be a run on QBs in the 4th. Everyone knows that.

That being said, when we pick tomorrow, in the 4th or 5th, there will be a legit prospect available with minimal risk and decent upside.

Its not like we "missed out" on all of the QB's. For Christ's sake, its the 4th round and only 3 have gone, and certainly not the three we thought, and definitely not in the order we thought.

I'd be a lot more worried if other teams with the obvious need for a QB were snagging them early and we were left in the cold. But it seems the entire league's worth of talent evaluators felt similarly about the quality of prospects this year.

This certainly explains the shuffling of young vets over the last two months. The one nice thing is that we were the first to pull the trigger and identify this issue, and of the crop of guys who fit that description (Smith, Palmer, Flynn, Kolb) I think we made out with the best player.

Yeah, the downside is that we payed a hefty price for Smith. I like to think our hand was forced because of the interest in acquiring him, but we will never know.

chiefzilla1501 04-26-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9635979)
What about the fact that Dorsey botched both the opportunity to trade down from #1 overall and also the Branden Albert trade? He had two opportunities to acquire a 2nd round pick in a draft where that round is VERY valuable and either stalled or couldn't get anything done.

Which is a big ****ing problem he had to deal with from the very beginning when he got taken to the cleaners on the Alex Smith trade.

Some fine, fine, players came and went in that second round. And we were unable to take any of them.

It sounds like he was asking for heavy compensation for both. The Raiders only got a 2nd rounder to move down 9 spots.

And we don't know yet if they botched the Albert trade. They have all season to move him for 2014 picks.

More than anything, it was just a shitty, shitty year to be any team in the top 3.