ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

BossChief 01-17-2013 02:33 PM

Drafting Star would be another 5-tech at the top of the draft
Drafting Joeckel minorly upgrades guard or LT, and not by a wide enough margin to be worthy of the top pick...I'd WOULD be fine if they use a 2 or 3 on the line though.
Drafting a wideout is pointless because we don't have a qb.
Drafting jones is dumb because his neck has a degenerative disease that will only get worse.

The ONLY pick that makes sense is Geno Smith and these reasons are why he will be the BPA.

HolyHat 01-17-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9328607)
Drafting jones is dumb because his neck has a degenerative disease that will only get worse.

The ONLY pick that makes sense is Geno Smith and these reasons are why he will be the BPA.

Is it Jones' neck or back that ****ed up?

Rambozo 01-17-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9328607)
Drafting Star would be another 5-tech at the top of the draft
Drafting Joeckel minorly upgrades guard or LT, and not by a wide enough margin to be worthy of the top pick...I'd WOULD be fine if they use a 2 or 3 on the line though.
Drafting a wideout is pointless because we don't have a qb.

Everything you are saying MIGHT be true. What if we tag and trade Albert to someone like St. Louis for their two firsts? It's unlikely but they need a LT bad and there won't be one at #16 or #22. Also, Albert definately isn't going to want to play guard in a contract year. I could see him not signing the tag unless they promised he would play LT. What happens with Albert will be very telling of what we do with the #1 pick.

We could draft Star. Andy loves to draft linemen and we need two of them.

We won't take a WR and I agree with your summary there.

Who knows what Jone's physical will be like? I doubt we draft him anyway since we are staying in the 3-4 but, I wouldn't rule it out.

I like Geno but, he's not as good of a prospect as the other guys imo. He might not even be the best QB prospect. I could see a dark horse like Wilson coming from no where like Tannehill did last year...

No offense but, it's not as easy as you make it to be.

Imon Yourside 01-17-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9328854)
Everything you are saying MIGHT be true. What if we tag and trade Albert to someone like St. Louis for their two firsts? It's unlikely but they need a LT bad and there won't be one at #16 or #22. Also, Albert definately isn't going to want to play guard in a contract year. I could see him not signing the tag unless they promised he would play LT. What happens with Albert will be very telling of what we do with the #1 pick.

Who knows what Jone's physical will be like? I doubt we draft him anyway since we are staying in the 3-4 but, I wouldn't rule it out.

I like Geno but, he's not as good of a prospect as the other guys imo. He might not even be the best QB prospect. I could see a dark horse like Wilson coming from no where like Tannehill did last year...

Tannehill? I wouldn't want him, we can do better and Geno certainly looks better.

Sorter 01-17-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9328611)
Is it Jones' neck or back that ****ed up?

neck

Pasta Little Brioni 01-17-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Resign Bowe, Albert, and draft Geno. It really is that simple.

BossChief 01-17-2013 05:26 PM

Starlite Loteui (sp) isn't a quality pass rusher as a defensive linemen.He is a beast against the run. If we want a high end run defender that isn't a good pass rusher, they overpay to keep Dorsey. It's as simple as that.

Dorsey was a MUCH better prospect coming out and has been developed as a 3-4 end by some of the best in the business.

What I'm trying to make clear as day is that there is NOBODY we can draft that gives us the value that any of the top quarterbacks give us. My preference is Geno Smith because I see him as the total package.

Plus arm
Elite accuracy (to every level of the defense)
Elite vision
Elite work ethic
Plus pocket presence
Plus experience
Played better against ranked teams
His qb rating went up each quarter
His stats improved every year
He has played in a pristine offense and air raid

I am baffled as to why the guy isn't getting a shiton more hype.

RealSNR 01-17-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9329052)
ROFL

I think Chiefs fans are so beaten and weathered from years of True Fan bullshit exercised by the dumbasses in charge, that they assume the only way to win a Super Bowl is to pull off some incredible rape trade that involves offensive linemen somehow. It's like they think getting a guy at "value" is like Risk and the NFL awards us two extra wins at the beginning of every season.

I mean, surely it can't be as simple as, "Got the #1 overall pick? Got a QB? No? Then take a QB. Boom. You're done."

warpaint* 01-17-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9329052)
ROFL

I don't see him (GS) as a sure thing at all but this is as good a plan as could be executed this offseason and I would feel very good about it.

htismaqe 01-17-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Wilson? Dark horse? He's the consensus #2/3 QB in the draft already. A dark horse would be Ryan Nassib or Zac Dysert.

NJChiefsFan 01-17-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9327684)
Again...

Clark also came out and said in so many words "I'm just a fan, what do I know? I pay Dorsey and Reid to make these decisions."

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Can you link that. I don't remember that. Was it after or before?

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9329145)
I don't see him (GS) as a sure thing at all but this is as good a plan as could be executed this offseason and I would feel very good about it.

And isn't that just it in the end. People talk about how taking Geno is a risk. Well, um, give me a scenario that isn't a risk but ALSO includes us actually getting a real QB, which can't be argued against as completely necessary in today's NFL.

htismaqe 01-17-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9329183)
Can you link that. I don't remember that. Was it after or before?

It was all part of the same radio interview.

NJChiefsFan 01-17-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9329189)
It was all part of the same radio interview.

Thanks.

That's why I get for skipping to the part everyone was talking about.

warpaint* 01-17-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9329061)
Starlite Loteui (sp) isn't a quality pass rusher as a defensive linemen.He is a beast against the run. If we want a high end run defender that isn't a good pass rusher, they overpay to keep Dorsey. It's as simple as that.

Dorsey was a MUCH better prospect coming out and has been developed as a 3-4 end by some of the best in the business.

What I'm trying to make clear as day is that there is NOBODY we can draft that gives us the value that any of the top quarterbacks give us. My preference is Geno Smith because I see him as the total package.

Plus arm
Elite accuracy (to every level of the defense)
Elite vision
Elite work ethic
Plus pocket presence
Plus experience
Played better against ranked teams
His qb rating went up each quarter
His stats improved every year
He has played in a pristine offense and air raid

I am baffled as to why the guy isn't getting a shiton more hype.

Is that accuracy due to the system and playing against Big XII pillow biting defenses?

I don't think he's played much under center for whatever that's worth?

I have read that his mechanics need work too. Frankly I haven't watched WV this season, just playing devils advocate to answer your post as these are things I have read about the dude in a couple places.

I'm skeptical as heck about that Glennon after watching their bowl, he looks like a stiff w/ measurables. No thanks.

Matt Barkley? When I watch him I see a good college QB but nothing about him wows me thinking about the pros.

I like Tyler Bray personally but he ain't a sure thing either. I have seen him a little more this yr than some others. I just think he has a really good arm, makes all the throws you need to in the pros, nice size. I don't think he played as well at UT as he should have just based on pure ability but he still looks like a heck of a prospect. What I mean by that is he makes throws that most guys can't make but then misses on some others. It's mechanics I think. Sometimes they look fine, other times he's not stepping all the way through. Seems easily correctable for a guy like Reid.

I like Tyler Wilson too. Good arm. Again can make all the throws. I think a guy like Reid could maximize his talent similar to Bray.

For me personally I will be (like pretty much all of CP) freaking furious if they don't take a QB high whomever it is. Whether its 1 overall or they manage to move down a little and still get the first one off the board. Whatever.

I am convinced there are no sure things this yr. That to me isn't a reason not draft a guy but it is a reason to not flip out if someone else thinks differently than I do.

hometeam 01-17-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9329211)
Is that accuracy due to the system and playing against Big XII pillow biting defenses?

I don't think he's played much under center for whatever that's worth?

I have read that his mechanics need work too. Frankly I haven't watched WV this season, just playing devils advocate to answer your post as these are things I have read about the dude in a couple places.

I'm skeptical as heck about that Glennon after watching their bowl, he looks like a stiff w/ measurables. No thanks.

Matt Barkley? When I watch him I see a good college QB but nothing about him wows me thinking about the pros.

I like Tyler Bray personally but he ain't a sure thing either. I have seen him a little more this yr than some others. I just think he has a really good arm, makes all the throws you need to in the pros, nice size. I don't think he played as well at UT as he should have just based on pure ability but he still looks like a heck of a prospect. What I mean by that is he makes throws that most guys can't make but then misses on some others. It's mechanics I think. Sometimes they look fine, other times he's not stepping all the way through. Seems easily correctable for a guy like Reid.

I like Tyler Wilson too. Good arm. Again can make all the throws. I think a guy like Reid could maximize his talent similar to Bray.

For me personally I will be (like pretty much all of CP) freaking furious if they don't take a QB high whomever it is. Whether its 1 overall or they manage to move down a little and still get the first one off the board. Whatever.

I am convinced there are no sure things this yr. That to me isn't a reason not draft a guy but it is a reason to not flip out if someone else thinks differently than I do.

played a whole season in a pro style offense. Besides, that, who really gives a shit, has that ever been a problem for somebody who balls as hard as Geno? Nope.