ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The criminalization of our children continues (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272687)

Bwana 05-01-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9649985)
ya one kid at my high school lost his fingers on one hand by making a little bomb like a dumbass. He never got sentenced to prison for it though.

The ones we made we not "little." If you hav eone og off that close to you, it would be dirt nap time. It all boils down to knowing WTF you're doing. If a guy were to make the same thing today, it would likely be 10 years in the joint. IWe jused F4 power but some other guys messed with nitroglycerin, I wasn't even that crazy.

Saul Good 05-01-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9650251)
The ones we made we not "little." If you hav eone og off that close to you, it would be dirt nap time. It all boils down to knowing WTF you're doing. If a guy were to make the same thing today, it would likely be 10 years in the joint. IWe jused F4 power but some other guys messed with nitroglycerin, I wasn't even that crazy.

Well, let's encourage 16 year old kids to experiment with that sort of thing at school.

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9650156)
There shouldn't be any punishment. In fact the inquisitive nature of the student should actually be encourage and stimulated with proper instruction. Anymore a public school education is a prison both literally and figuratively.

I'm really not sure why everyone seems to be ignoring this aspect.

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9650295)
Well, let's encourage 16 year old kids to experiment with that sort of thing at school.

They just need to put up a sign--
"Kids--if you are going to mix chemicals to try to make a small explosion, please do so safely."

Brock 05-01-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9649940)
I actually recall my 9th grade science teach doing a similar experiment. He did something where the cap of a 2 liter bottle blew off into the ceiling.

Now he would be put on death row for that.

Putting some mentos in a bottle of coke isn't exactly the same thing as mixing a bunch of random chemicals to see what would happen, you ridiculous person.

Bump 05-01-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9650223)
I don't see how anyone could draw any conclusions about what really happened from this article. Kid was 16, not 6. If she was purposefully mixing chemicals that she thought would produce some time of reaction to blow up a water bottle, you gotta deal with that, no?

Seems like most people on here are saying--a 16 yr-old tried to create a small explosion at school. No one got hurt, so what's the big deal?

you think that she deserved expulsion and being arrested? wow

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9650749)
you think that she deserved expulsion and being arrested? wow

I admittedly don't know EXACTLY what happened. But, if a high school kid is purposefully mixing something that they think will cause a small explosion, I think you have to deal with that pretty harshly.

This isn't a case of someone biting a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun. Someone was purposefully trying to make an explosion at school. So this was a small one. Next time someone is goofing around with shit they don't fully understand and it is a lot worse. Yeah, I kind of think there needs to be a zero-tolerance policy of trying to cause explosions at school.

Bump 05-01-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9650923)
I admittedly don't know EXACTLY what happened. But, if a high school kid is purposefully mixing something that they think will cause a small explosion, I think you have to deal with that pretty harshly.

This isn't a case of someone biting a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun. Someone was purposefully trying to make an explosion at school. So this was a small one. Next time someone is goofing around with shit they don't fully understand and it is a lot worse. Yeah, I kind of think there needs to be a zero-tolerance policy of trying to cause explosions at school.

ya but it's a ****ing science project!

ruin a young persons life over that. That shit is ****ed up. This isn't some explosion at school, its a ****ing science project that had a little "pop" sound.

If this was some sinister thing she was doing intentionally to scare people, then yes, I'd agree. But that's not the case.

Sure as hell shouldn't involve the authorities. I hope you are just trolling.

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9651277)
ya but it's a ****ing science project!

ruin a young persons life over that. That shit is ****ed up. This isn't some explosion at school, its a ****ing science project that had a little "pop" sound.

If this was some sinister thing she was doing intentionally to scare people, then yes, I'd agree. But that's not the case.

Sure as hell shouldn't involve the authorities. I hope you are just trolling.

So, you're taking this line from the alternet.org story: "A Florida teen with an exemplary record is facing federal charges after conducting what a classmate calls “a science project gone bad.”"

You're taking that line and assuming that this was some sort of assigned science project? For real? Are the kids smoking in the bathrooms just doing "science project" as well?

So, the standard on school explosions should be--as long as it is pretty small, it's ok? And untrained kids should be able to know exactly what will happen when they mix their chemicals, right?

Setsuna 05-01-2013 10:54 PM

Cosmo please make a separate thread about this in your Hobbit Hole in D.C. Most of us would rather not deal with your ignorance in the "Buck's Mom makes a $.10 Whore Look Expensive" Lounge

Just Passin' By 05-01-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651361)
So, you're taking this line from the alternet.org story: "A Florida teen with an exemplary record is facing federal charges after conducting what a classmate calls “a science project gone bad.”"

You're taking that line and assuming that this was some sort of assigned science project? For real? Are the kids smoking in the bathrooms just doing "science project" as well?

So, the standard on school explosions should be--as long as it is pretty small, it's ok? And untrained kids should be able to know exactly what will happen when they mix their chemicals, right?

There's nothing in the story that justifies the kid's punishment. I feel sorry for the kids today. I'm not even that old, yet most of the shit my group of friends and I were doing when we were kids would either be criminal or at least seriously frowned upon today.

The police state is ramping up, and it's partly because of the incredibly ****ing stupid and lazy pricks who defend horrible ideas like "no tolerance" rules and overreactive policing.

Bump 05-01-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651361)

well that's the information I have. Future information can always change opinions.

But if it is the case, like the article says, then it's ****ing wrong. If the article is bullshit, I will never look at another one of their news articles.

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9651478)
Cosmo please make a separate thread about this in your Hobbit Hole in D.C. Most of us would rather not deal with your ignorance in the "Buck's Mom makes a $.10 Whore Look Expensive" Lounge

I didn't start the ****ing thread, you ****ing moron.

Lumpy 05-01-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651512)

I believe that he was just suggesting that you start one of your own threads, (in DC), regarding the subject.

Setsuna 05-01-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651512)

I said please and you fly off the handle. Don't let anger become you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9651518)
I believe that he was just suggesting that you start one of your own threads, (in DC), regarding the subject.

Thanks mom!
I'm sorry I had to :grovel: