ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Rock Chalk you lose, nice season though. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160244)

Logical 03-24-2007 09:12 PM

Rock Chalk you lose, nice season though.

I know you guys thought UCLA did not have the ability to play good defense, I hope you know better now. I waited until the hurt died down to post because I know you guys were suffering. You will have a good team again next year and this is nothing to be ashamed of you lost to a top tier team.

Crush 03-24-2007 09:18 PM

Tis is life and it was hell of a journey. Bring on the Royals.

Bearcat 03-24-2007 09:19 PM

Congrats... I've never believed in the "I hope you win it all so I can at least say my team lost to the eventual NC", but good luck anyway :p

Braincase 03-24-2007 09:20 PM

Only one team was going to win, so somebody's going to be upset. UCLA earned it, we missed too many shots, contested and otherwise.

Logical 03-24-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Congrats... I've never believed in the "I hope you win it all so I can at least say my team lost to the eventual NC", but good luck anyway :p

Thanks Bearcat, I did not realize you were a KU student/alum.

Silock 03-24-2007 09:23 PM

I didn't pick KU winning in any of my brackets against UCLA. So, tonight was no surprise, especially the massive home court advantage UCLA had that you said they wouldn't have.

Oh well, at least KU should/will return everyone next year.

BWillie 03-24-2007 10:10 PM

They are all comin back. Next year 37-0. Mark it down. No SR's. Only person that MIGHT leave is Rush, and I doubt it....although he is old and has a couple of kids...or so mizzou fans claim.

Logical 03-24-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007
They are all comin back. Next year 37-0. Mark it down. No SR's. Only person that MIGHT leave is Rush, and I doubt it....although he is old and has a couple of kids...or so mizzou fans claim.

UCLA's team is also entirely young but I have little hope no one will be going pro. I am suprised you think KU is immune.

Gravedigger 03-24-2007 10:38 PM

I'm not making excuses for KU but honestly I think KU beat itself more than UCLA beat them. Stupid mistakes bad ball handling and basically not being on par with UCLA in scoring killed em. I also blame KU for getting away from their game in the second half. They kept running into the paint to try and score instead of attacking from the outside. KU is more about getting intricate shots rather than running up front into the paint to get a layup or a physical point.

Mr. Kotter 03-24-2007 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007

That's pretty ballsy. Damn that would be sweet. I hope you are right.

IF these guys have any heart or pride. And IF someone steps up as a fiery sort of motivational "leader" (Rush, Chalmers, Jackson?)....THEN I might be able to believe.

IF they all come back next year, ANYTHING short of a Final Four Appearance would have to be a big disappointment. They'd have to be one of 3-4 teams "favored" to win it all.

Here's to hoping you are right, bro. :toast:

morphius 03-24-2007 11:19 PM

I don't know, I didn't think that the UCLA D hurt Kansas as much as KU's missed shots did. By the time UCLA's D started actually having an effect on the game, KU was pressing and try too hard to make up from all the easy misses they had. UCLA won because they were able to actually shoot a basketball.

teedubya 03-24-2007 11:25 PM

I kinda feel like a Cubs fan must feel like.

morphius 03-24-2007 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs
I kinda feel like a Cubs fan must feel like.

Or a Chiefs fan...

Logical 03-24-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
Or a Chiefs fan...

The Chiefs would have lost the first March madness game, give the Jayhawks credit they got themselves to the elite 8, no small accomplishment.

StcChief 03-24-2007 11:40 PM

Congrats to UCLA..... continuing to expose KU.