ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   All of these potential signees, but where's the $$$$$$???? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135481)

arrowheadnation 02-10-2006 12:20 AM

All of these potential signees, but where's the $$$$$$????

I'm just as guilty of it as the next guy, but with all these proposed trades/acquisitions, how the hell are we gonna come up with the money to pay all of them. I thought we were already over the cap for the 2006 season. Is that not true? I just don't see how we can feasibly (or financially) take on TO, Aberham, a DT, etc. Somebody show me the light.

Mecca 02-10-2006 12:24 AM

I highly doubt we get TO and if the Jets are trading Abraham we won't be getting him either.......

Dunit35 02-10-2006 12:25 AM

We are over the cap. WAY OVER. But theres still cuts to be made and players that will be asking to take a paycut.

greg63 02-10-2006 01:09 AM

"SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

Anyong Bluth 02-10-2006 04:28 AM

restructuring and cuts will mean we're fine. may not be able to go overboard on the market, but we could afford to make a deal happen should it present itself.

chiefqueen 02-10-2006 05:41 AM

It's simple if there's no CBA by 3/9 we just restructure to put $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in 2007 when there's no cap.

Mecca 02-10-2006 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen
It's simple if there's no CBA by 3/9 we just restructure to put $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in 2007 when there's no cap.

Of course if you do that then a CBA is agreed to, you just hosed yourself.

Brock 02-10-2006 08:34 AM

I don't really worry about it. It's Lamar's money, not mine.

htismaqe 02-10-2006 08:39 AM

We ARE NOT OVER THE CAP.

For one thing, the 2006 cap ISN'T EVEN IN EFFECT YET. It's still 2005 in the NFL.

phxchief 02-10-2006 08:49 AM

I wouldn't worry about it just yet. The team we're chasing in the division (for now) has more money invested in current players than we do, meaning they're gonna have to make just as many, if not more cuts to key players, and/or [puts them in just as unlikely a position to sign expensive players.

The good thing is that we have a lot of players making $2million and upwards (in some cases, way upwards) that aren't worth a damn, like backup safeties, backup linebackers and craphole DEs. They should be easily cut. We don't have any bigtime guys to cut (like Tennessee did) to get in a reasonable shape. The only guy of REAL significance who may be cut (if not restructured), and even then it's a small possibility, is Priest, and with Larry running the rock, it's not as big a deal.

htismaqe 02-10-2006 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phxchief
I wouldn't worry about it just yet. The team we're chasing in the division (for now) has more money invested in current players than we do, meaning they're gonna have to make just as many, if not more cuts to key players, and/or [puts them in just as unlikely a position to sign expensive players.

The good thing is that we have a lot of players making $2million and upwards (in some cases, way upwards) that aren't worth a damn, like backup safeties, backup linebackers and craphole DEs. They should be easily cut. We don't have any bigtime guys to cut (like Tennessee did) to get in a reasonable shape. The only guy of REAL significance who may be cut (if not restructured), and even then it's a small possibility, is Priest, and with Larry running the rock, it's not as big a deal.

Those backup safeties and craphole DE's may SEEM easy to cut, but they won't be. For some reason, this front office thinks guys like that are the core of our team.

CoMoChief 02-10-2006 08:54 AM

People who I see getting cut or restructuring...

Priest Holmes
Jerome Woods
William Bartee
Dexter McCleon
Shawn Barber
Kendrell Bell
Tony Gonzalez - I thought CP was gonna re-do his deal sometime soon.
Maybe Eric Warfield I dunno.

Personally I would like to see everyone on this list get cut with the exception of 4 people, Priest, Bell, TonyG, and Warfield.

58-4ever 02-10-2006 08:55 AM

I really hope the cap doesn't go away. I like a competitive NFL. If the chiefs end up like the Royals of late...I WILL kill someone.

oldandslow 02-10-2006 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen

Exactly...

BTW - my guess is a strike during the next labor neg. Football players are going to want what bb players have.

My guess is they get it. There is too much money to be lost by the owners if a strike comes.

The Royals, imo, lose money because the Walmart model does not work in baseball. You put a quality product on the field and it will pay for itself.

Hell, even the Twins are managed better than the Royals.

phxchief 02-10-2006 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Those backup safeties and craphole DE's may SEEM easy to cut, but they won't be. For some reason, this front office thinks guys like that are the core of our team.

Thanks in large part to Dick Vermeil and his loyalty.

Expect Herm to cut ties with the overpaid trash.