ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Help me choose an NBA team (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323452)

ILChief 06-17-2019 10:06 AM

Help me choose an NBA team

NBA is popular. I don't start watching until the conference finals because I don't have a team to follow. I want to choose a team. I don't want to be a front runner, so no Golden State or Lakers. Don't really want a west coast team because their games don't get over until midnight here. Doesnt feel right rooting for a northeastern team, so no Knicks, Nets, Celtics, 76ers.

I'd like to be able to go to a home game of the team without flying. I am in Southern Illinois. The cities I go to most (Nashville, St. Louis, KC) don't have teams.

I've narrowed it down to a few teams, so what do you think

Pitt Gorilla 06-17-2019 10:09 AM

Bucks or Nuggets would be good ideas. Hawks or Grizzlies would both be interesting as well. I follow the Wolves and wouldn't wish that on anyone else. Everybody in your area likes the Bulls, so I think that is out as well.

TambaBerry 06-17-2019 10:10 AM

sounds like the bulls or twolves are for you

loochy 06-17-2019 10:10 AM

Choose the Pacers because you could never ever be accused of being a frontrunner.

But really, shouldn't you just watch a lot of basketball from many teams and then you like who you like?

TambaBerry 06-17-2019 10:10 AM

oh yeah bucks would be a good one too

ILChief 06-17-2019 10:11 AM

Bulls: they were my team growing up with Jordan. Management is trash with little signs of improvement

Pacers: 4-5 hour drive. Usually competitive. Not much national attention. NBA equivalent of pre-mahomes Chiefs

Grizzlies: closest team to me geographically. I'm a murray state alum and they're going to get Morant. He will leave after 5 years though

Bucks: good for now. Kind of far away and doubt Greek freak stays

Pitt Gorilla 06-17-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 14311214)
Choose the Pacers because you could never ever be accused of being a frontrunner.

But really, shouldn't you just watch a lot of basketball from many teams and then you like who you like?

Forgot the Pacers. Also a good choice, although I still don't like TJ Leaf.

Prison Bitch 06-17-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 14311211)
NBA is popular.

No it’s not.

WhiteWhale 06-17-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14311219)
No it’s not.

Explains why people pay for outrageous ticket prices and players make up to 40 million a year.

Because it's unpopular and can't generate money.

Makes sense amirite?

I mean nobody here could even name a basketball player.

Right?

Al Bundy 06-17-2019 10:21 AM

Pick the Bucks so you can wear this around.
https://www.dodjersey.com/static/med...-96rall2-1.jpg

Mama Hip Rockets 06-17-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14311224)
Explains why people pay for outrageous ticket prices and players make up to 40 million a year.

Makes sense amirite?

Right?

The CHEAPEST ticket for game 5 of the Finals in Toronto was over $2000.

Mama Hip Rockets 06-17-2019 10:23 AM

Why would you not stick with the Bulls if you live in Illinois?

sedated 06-17-2019 10:24 AM

Once Giannis leaves the Bucks, those will all be shit teams with little hope of doing anything in the foreseeable future. Like signing up to be a Royals fan.

Prison Bitch 06-17-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14311224)

Makes sense amirite?

Right?

People can’t name even 10 nba players. Some losers without lives can obv, but the typical American knows Lebron and maybe Durant. That’s why the ratings crashed without him.

It’s a niche sport catering to minority milennials. Hey, my fave sport golf is also niche with an even more limited target audience. Doesn’t offend me.

TambaBerry 06-17-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14311236)
People can’t name even 10 nba players. Some losers without lives can obv, but the typical American knows Lebron and maybe Durant. That’s why the ratings crashed without him.

It’s a niche sport catering to minority milennials. Hey, my fave sport golf is also niche with an even more limited target audience. Doesn’t offend me.

nba is right after football in popularity as far as professional sports go. Not sure what argument you're trying to make here.