ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340918)

htismaqe 11-30-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15983674)
Yep. It's all because of Belichick.

And it's about his past history at that. It's not really about the present.

The Patriots are playing good, complimentary football. They're not playing "lights out".

The talking heads just can't get the Patriot Way out of their heads.

Eureka 11-30-2021 03:40 PM

So let me get this straight..... You're talking about getting the #1 AFC SEED yet have a game Sunday against the Broncos that if lost would put the Broncos in 1st place in the AFC WEST?

Things can change quickly it seems as the Original OP didn't even have the Broncos in his write-up yet here they are challenging for 1st in the AFC WEST.

Mama Hip Rockets 11-30-2021 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 15983750)
So let me get this straight..... You're talking about getting the #1 AFC SEED yet have a game Sunday against the Broncos that if lost would put the Broncos in 1st place in the AFC WEST?

Things can change quickly it seems as the Original OP didn't even have the Broncos in his write-up yet here they are challenging for 1st in the AFC WEST.

"if lost" LOL

Mama Hip Rockets 11-30-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15983167)
Bengals - They don't really have any impressive wins, outside of Balt but we know they are banged up and not that great. Still think this is were the Chiefs could falter especially if Bengals come in hungry this game. - Probably the only L i see happening

I disagree. They laid the smack down on the Raiders and the Steelers the last two weeks. I know those teams aren't the greatest, but 32-13 and 41-10 victories back to back is pretty impressive.

htismaqe 11-30-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets (Post 15983766)
I disagree. They laid the smack down on the Raiders and the Steelers the last two weeks. I know those teams aren't the greatest, but 32-13 and 41-10 victories back to back is pretty impressive.

They lost to the Jets.

The Steelers are terrible.

Mama Hip Rockets 11-30-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15983769)
They lost to the Jets.

The Steelers are terrible.

I agree that the Steelers are terrible, but 41-10 is an impressive victory in the NFL, regardless of opponent.

htismaqe 11-30-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets (Post 15983802)
I agree that the Steelers are terrible, but 41-10 is an impressive victory in the NFL, regardless of opponent.

So is 41-16.

The score by which the Bengals lost to the spiraling Browns 3 weeks ago.

Coochie liquor 11-30-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 15983750)

Do you think Dungver is going to win the division or make the playoffs? I’d say with their horrific quarterback situation, the Faders have a better shot and there’s no way they’re doing it either.

Eureka 11-30-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 15983827)
Do you think Dungver is going to win the division or make the playoffs? I’d say with their horrific quarterback situation, the Faders have a better shot and there’s no way they’re doing it either.

I wouldn't be surprised at anything this season.

Most thought that the Chiefs were going to run away with this division but here they are in week 13 playing for the division lead against the "Horrific quarterback situation" Broncos.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-30-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 15983963)
I wouldn't be surprised at anything this season.

Most thought that the Chiefs were going to run away with this division but here they are in week 13 playing for the division lead against the "Horrific quarterback situation" Broncos.

So you saying they don’t have a ‘horrific QB situation’ ?

Which one of their QB’s would you like to trade Carr for? Bridgewater? Lock?

Let’s be real for a second. The ONLY reason this division is close right now is because of an unprecedented rash of turnovers by the Chiefs, which is completely uncharacteristic of an Andy Reid Chiefs team. We’re normally near the top in fewest turnovers. Most of them are a result of fluky plays and some ‘pressing’ by the offense. It’s been a weird year. But I wouldn’t expect it to happen again going forward (because it never has before).

The rest of you all in the AFC West should just thank the Chiefs for allowing you to stick around because of some fluky turnovers. Everyone knows we’re a much better team than the other three. Thus why we’ve played in the last two Super Bowls.

You’re welcome AFC West.

Don’t expect this gift again next year.

Eureka 11-30-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15984077)
So you saying they don’t have a ‘horrific QB situation’ ?

Which one of their QB’s would you like to trade Carr for? Bridgewater? Lock?

Let’s be real for a second. The ONLY reason this division is close right now is because of an unprecedented rash of turnovers by the Chiefs, which is completely uncharacteristic of an Andy Reid Chiefs team. We’re normally near the top in fewest turnovers. Most of them are a result of fluky plays and some ‘pressing’ by the offense. It’s been a weird year. But I wouldn’t expect it to happen again going forward (because it never has before).

The rest of you all in the AFC West should just thank the Chiefs for allowing you to stick around because of some fluky turnovers. Everyone knows we’re a much better team than the other three. Thus why we’ve played in the last two Super Bowls.

You’re welcome AFC West.

Don’t expect this gift again next year.

Teddy has that team 1 game away from the AFC WEST top spot. It is what it is.

I wouldn't trade Carr for Teddy but Carr has his own issues. Chiefs have a great QB no doubt. Finding a great QB isn't easy.

Every team goes through stuff every year. You think the Raiders haven't gone through anything this year? You are what your record says you are - no more no less.

TribalElder 11-30-2021 07:53 PM

broncos getting broomed again this year

get used to it

Coochie liquor 11-30-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 15984127)
Teddy has that team 1 game away from the AFC WEST top spot. It is what it is.

I wouldn't trade Carr for Teddy but Carr has his own issues. Chiefs have a great QB no doubt. Finding a great QB isn't easy.

Every team goes through stuff every year. You think the Raiders haven't gone through anything this year? You are what your record says you are - no more no less.

Hence the saying, nobody is winning the SB in October/November/December (well maybe when your teams SB is beating KC which was obviously victory lap worthy). We will see how it shakes out, but if I was a betting man, I wouldn’t bet against KC.

Stryker 11-30-2021 09:13 PM

We need Mahomes "Magic" right NOW through out the rest of the schedule. We NEED to win the AFC West and my current "fear" is double Broncos, Chargers and the Bengals on the road. IF we can win all of those, we MIGHT get the 2nd seed which I am cool with. #1 seed? Ummmm, not so sure.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 11-30-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15983080)
Patriots have a doable path, for sure. The Chiefs have to run the table. If we do, the Patriots can lose the lead on us if they lose one game, just one game. But they don't have many potential losses on their calendar -- the duo with Buffalo is about it for them. So if we lose once, which I expect we'll do, we almost certainly lose out.

Baltimore has to lose twice, of course, if we run the table. Baltimore has a hell of a schedule ahead of them and very well may lose twice.

I just think the hardest equation here is us running the table -- we have a doable schedule but expecting perfection down the stretch is hard for anyone, much less our mistake prone squad this year.

Baltimore has to face Cincy/Green Bay/LAR still. I could see 2 losses out of those three games, esp. since Cincy beat Baltimore 41-17 the first time they played.

Stryker 11-30-2021 09:45 PM

It would be lovely if MIA beats NE AGAIN to propel us like 2 years ago! :clap:

stevegroganfan 12-01-2021 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 15984254)
It would be lovely if MIA beats NE AGAIN to propel us like 2 years ago! :clap:

As a Patriots fan, I don't want that to happen but it could happen. Miami is playing better.

Realistically speaking I believe Chiefs are losing at least one more and the Patriots will be losing at least one more.

12-5 in a year like this could get the number 1 seed. More teams are going to be fighting for playoff spots until the bitter end so that is going to make it hard for any AFC #1 seed contender to go undefeated the rest of the way.

scho63 12-01-2021 07:26 AM

HEY OP, UPDATE YOUR SHIT! :skip:

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2021 08:59 AM

We're quick to shit on other teams, but refuse to look in the mirror and realize you could make a lot of the same critiques about our own team.

Struggled against the Rodgers-less Packers.
Struggled against the shitty Giants missing a ton of players.
Struggled against the Cowboys missing an All Pro OT and two studs at WR.

But we blew out the Raiders, so everything is fine?

I wouldn't be shocked to run the table, but I also wouldn't be surprised to lose to anyone we have left on the schedule.

Pants 12-01-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 15984539)
We're quick to shit on other teams, but refuse to look in the mirror and realize you could make a lot of the same critiques about our own team.

I wouldn't be shocked to run the table, but I also wouldn't be surprised to lose to anyone we have left on the schedule.

Yup. Exactly.

Bearcat 12-01-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Yeah, the current narrative seems to be the Chiefs' defense has been great lately while also saying a team like the Patriots has only beaten two teams all season with a winning record. Yet, I believe the Chiefs have only beat three teams with winning records, and all three missing key offensive players including Aaron freakin Rodgers.

I'm a lot more optimistic overall than a few weeks ago, mostly because their schedule softens up so much from the first 6 weeks of the season.... many people are stuck in the early 90s with the "defense wins championships' mentality, so it's a lot easier to ignore the struggling offense when the defense is playing well (even against shit or broken teams) than ignore defense when the offense is at its best.

Simply Red 12-01-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 15969930)
ask Pete if we are going sniff the playoffs

Pete,

Are we going to sniff the playoffs?

Ty

mr. tegu 12-01-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

The difference is that the Chiefs are a known commodity with an established history of being the best team in the league for three seasons with little change having occurred. None of the other teams are close to that so if starting from square one with a 5-6 game season as they all basically are, the Chiefs get the edge.

staylor26 12-01-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15984722)
The difference is that the Chiefs are a known commodity with an established history of being the best team in the league for three seasons with little change having occurred. None of the other teams are close to that so if starting from square one with a 5-6 game season as they all basically are, the Chiefs get the edge.

The fact that this needs to be explained is hilarious.

MahomesMagic 12-01-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15984733)

Yup. Let's put it this way. If our offense starts firing correctly and our defense remains tough we are the obvious AFC favorite.

Even now I believe Vegas has us 1st in the AFC for going to the Super Bowl.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+550): With Vita Vea (knee) active, the Bucs defensive front was up to the challenge against league-leading rusher Jonathan Taylor and the Colts. Tampa turned in a total team win with Tom Brady managing the game, and the Bucs passing offense should only improve when Antonio Brown (ankle) gets back and several other key players get healthy.

Kansas City Chiefs (+700): The Chiefs won four straight games headed into a bye with their defense yielding just 11.3 PPG against some dangerous opponents. Patrick Mahomes has committed 14 turnovers during a rough season for a KC offense that is bound to turn the corner eventually.

Buffalo Bills (+800): The Bills have alternated between three bad losses and three impressive wins heading into a crucial MNF matchup with the first-place Patriots. Their defense takes a major hit without elite CB Tre’Davious White (ACL) the rest of the way.

Green Bay Packers (+800): While Aaron Rodgers has been able to battle through a broken toe and silence his critics with elite play in recent weeks, it’s fair to wonder how his lack of mobility might impact Green Bay’s offense down the stretch.

Arizona Cardinals (+900): The Cardinals continued to prove that they’re a complete team by going 2-1 without Kyler Murray (ankle) and DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring) heading into their bye week. They have an easy draw at Chicago next week before hosting the Rams.

New England Patriots (+1100): Facing another shorthanded opponent, the Patriots dominated the Titans for a sixth straight win. Matthew Judon leads a fierce front seven with J.C. Jackson and Jalen Mills shutting down the back end. If Mac Jones plays mistake-free football, New England should continue to be a force.

Dallas Cowboys (+1300): With LT Tyron Smith (ankle) back in the lineup, the Cowboys hung 33 points at home, but Dan Quinn’s defense turned in one of its worst performances in a narrow loss to the Raiders. Amari Cooper (COVID) is expected to return on Thursday night against the Saints but the Cowboys are dealing with another COVID outbreak.

Bearcat 12-01-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15984733)

Meh, this place is always one extreme or the other and people tend to pump the brakes a bit on it. People were in full panic mode before they even started playing that poorly and now it's smooth sailing with only one "well oiled machine" game in the win streak, acting like nothing ever happened.

The reality is of course in the middle somewhere and not solely about Ws and Ls. If everything was back to normal, the offense would have looked far, far, far better against NYG, far better against the Packers, and better against the Cowboys.

It's not a black and white, the Chiefs have lost all benefit of the doubt, but just pumping the brakes a bit on acting like the defense that was putrid just weeks ago is now amazing because they're playing the likes of Jordan Love and a Cowboys team without their top two receivers (and yes, they are healthy and playing better, "somewhere in between") or that the offense is completely back to normal and it was only the turnovers (and yes, playing far better than October).

Slow to panic, slow to unyielding optimism.

arrwheader 12-01-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15984747)
Yup. Let's put it this way. If our offense starts firing correctly and our defense remains tough we are the obvious AFC favorite.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+550): With Vita Vea (knee) active, the Bucs defensive front was up to the challenge against league-leading rusher Jonathan Taylor and the Colts. Tampa turned in a total team win with Tom Brady managing the game, and the Bucs passing offense should only improve when Antonio Brown (ankle) gets back and several other key players get healthy.

Kansas City Chiefs (+700): The Chiefs won four straight games headed into a bye with their defense yielding just 11.3 PPG against some dangerous opponents. Patrick Mahomes has committed 14 turnovers during a rough season for a KC offense that is bound to turn the corner eventually.

Buffalo Bills (+800): The Bills have alternated between three bad losses and three impressive wins heading into a crucial MNF matchup with the first-place Patriots. Their defense takes a major hit without elite CB Tre’Davious White (ACL) the rest of the way.

Green Bay Packers (+800): While Aaron Rodgers has been able to battle through a broken toe and silence his critics with elite play in recent weeks, it’s fair to wonder how his lack of mobility might impact Green Bay’s offense down the stretch.

Arizona Cardinals (+900): The Cardinals continued to prove that they’re a complete team by going 2-1 without Kyler Murray (ankle) and DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring) heading into their bye week. They have an easy draw at Chicago next week before hosting the Rams.

New England Patriots (+1100): Facing another shorthanded opponent, the Patriots dominated the Titans for a sixth straight win. Matthew Judon leads a fierce front seven with J.C. Jackson and Jalen Mills shutting down the back end. If Mac Jones plays mistake-free football, New England should continue to be a force.

Dallas Cowboys (+1300): With LT Tyron Smith (ankle) back in the lineup, the Cowboys hung 33 points at home, but Dan Quinn’s defense turned in one of its worst performances in a narrow loss to the Raiders. Amari Cooper (COVID) is expected to return on Thursday night against the Saints but the Cowboys are dealing with another COVID outbreak.

Sigh....

Not to turn the discussion into Brady hate but

It is inevitable isn't it that TB is going to be back in the SB and MOAR BRADY AND GRONK.

FML

Would love to beat them in a rematch but would rather honestly never play Tom Brady in a game again. He is too lucky and gets favored on top of his talent makes it unfair.

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15984791)
Meh, this place is always one extreme or the other and people tend to pump the brakes a bit on it. People were in full panic mode before they even started playing that poorly and now it's smooth sailing with only one "well oiled machine" game in the win streak, acting like nothing ever happened.

The reality is of course in the middle somewhere and not solely about Ws and Ls. If everything was back to normal, the offense would have looked far, far, far better against NYG, far better against the Packers, and better against the Cowboys.

It's not a black and white, the Chiefs have lost all benefit of the doubt, but just pumping the brakes a bit on acting like the defense that was putrid just weeks ago is now amazing because they're playing the likes of Jordan Love and a Cowboys team without their top two receivers (and yes, they are healthy and playing better, "somewhere in between") or that the offense is completely back to normal and it was only the turnovers (and yes, playing far better than October).

This.

Red Dawg 12-01-2021 10:46 AM

Defense is getting better and has played really well but the offense has been shit for weeks now. Throw out the Raiders game and we have been shit against two shit teamsand one good one. We should have demolished the Packers and the Cowboys and the Giants and we couldn't because we didn't score much.

The offense keeps me from totally buying in to us winning anything but the year has been nuts so we are still in it at the moment.

MahomesMagic 12-01-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15984808)
Sigh....

It is inevitable isn't it that TB is going to be back in the SB and MOAR BRADY AND GRONK.

FML

Would love to beat them in a rematch but would rather honestly never play Tom Brady in a game again. He is too lucky and gets favored on top of his talent makes it unfair.

I don't think Tampa is inevitable. Sure, they are a favorite. But certain teams pose problems for Tampa. It all comes down to the final bracket. I agree I don't want to see Tampa if we go back because the refs will be in my mind (even if there is nothing there I can't unsee what I saw last year).

jettio 12-01-2021 02:49 PM

Chiefs are 5-0 vs NFC, and lost to Bills, Ravens and Titans. Colts lost to Bucs and Pats lost to Cowboys so if Pats and Colts overtake teams that beat Chiefs, it would not help with tiebreakers.

Seems like Chiefs will need to have better overall record than any other division winner to get a higher seed since unlikely to win any tiebreakers.

Chiefs would have to run table to get #1 seed. I could see all the other AFC teams get to 5 losses, but very unlikely that all of them get to 6 losses.

scho63 12-01-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15985361)
Chiefs are 5-0 vs NFC, and lost to Bills, Ravens and Titans.

This makes it very, very hard to win #1 seed. :doh!:

Coochie liquor 12-01-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15984808)
Sigh....

FML

I want the rematch, but I’m sure if it happens the league will stick us with Clete ****ing Blakeman.

Rausch 12-01-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 15985644)
I want the rematch, but I’m sure if it happens the league will stick us with Clete ****ing Blakeman.

**** that.

Gimme' the Packers or Cards...

mr. tegu 12-01-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15984791)

For me personally I was one of the few defending the defense all season and blaming the offense (turnovers mostly) for the early season record. I never bought into the defense being as bad as they looked and I feel validated by my defending of them here. And I just don’t buy into the offense being a 20 ppg unit either like the last four games. I’m definitely not just going all optimistic after a few wins.

I also made three separate Super Bowl bets after each of our last three losses and because the price just kept going up in a good way. Now I’m sitting at I think a +800, +1100, and +1400.

mr. tegu 12-01-2021 07:56 PM

How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15985361)
Chiefs are 5-0 vs NFC, and lost to Bills, Ravens and Titans. Colts lost to Bucs and Pats lost to Cowboys so if Pats and Colts overtake teams that beat Chiefs, it would not help with tiebreakers.

Seems like Chiefs will need to have better overall record than any other division winner to get a higher seed since unlikely to win any tiebreakers.

Chiefs would have to run table to get #1 seed. I could see all the other AFC teams get to 5 losses, but very unlikely that all of them get to 6 losses.

Interestingly if the three teams that get 5 losses with the rest at least 6, if those three are us, Bengals, and Ravens, with us beating the Bengals, we get the one seed as the Bengals would beat out the Ravens for their division then we beat out the Bengals for the bye. Our loss to the Ravens becomes irrelevant in that scenario.

Eureka 12-01-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15985740)
Interestingly if the three teams that get 5 losses with the rest at least 6, if those three are us, Bengals, and Ravens, with us beating the Bengals, we get the one seed as the Bengals would beat out the Ravens for their division then we beat out the Bengals for the bye. Our loss to the Ravens becomes irrelevant in that scenario.

It's a bit like this.....

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e546uYoG5...1600/giphy.gif

Bearcat 12-01-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15985735)
For me personally I was one of the few defending the defense all season and blaming the offense (turnovers mostly) for the early season record. I never bought into the defense being as bad as they looked and I feel validated by my defending of them here. And I just don’t buy into the offense being a 20 ppg unit either like the last four games. I’m definitely not just going all optimistic after a few wins.

I also made three separate Super Bowl bets after each of our last three losses and because the price just kept going up in a good way. Now I’m sitting at I think a +800, +1100, and +1400.

Yeah, it's pretty mind boggling that who you play is largely lost on a football message board... of course, it's largely lost on the sports media, because it's their job to make every week exciting, but damn.

Play teams that score 30+/game, your defense isn't going to look great; schedule evens out, so does the defense... and even with the 250 rushing yards and so forth, they weren't even trending to be the worst defense in the league at any point of the season, yet the narrative was "historically bad". :doh!:

Coochie liquor 12-02-2021 07:21 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d9db9974d3.jpg
If Kelce, and Hill can stop this from happening, then running the table should be do-able. Someone in the comments mentioned Kelce getting hit in the head by Poyer during the Bills game, and having been on the injury report every week after that. Clean up those 2 players drops and the offense is back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

htismaqe 12-02-2021 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 15986019)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d9db9974d3.jpg
If Kelce, and Hill can stop this from happening, then running the table should be do-able. Someone in the comments mentioned Kelce getting hit in the head by Poyer during the Bills game, and having been on the injury report every week after that. Clean up those 2 players drops and the offense is back.

Bingo.

I posted it a few weeks ago but Kelce and Hill account for like 1/4 of Mahomes' INT's because they've been tipping the ball in the air instead of just dropping passes.

jettio 12-02-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15985740)

That's a good point.

crispystl 12-02-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15984747)

Bills ahead of the shit Packers huh? Interesting. The Packers do have a tougher road, but no way I'd take Buffalo.

Mama Hip Rockets 12-05-2021 06:36 PM

Gained on Bengals, Raiders, and Ravens today. Will gain on Broncos tonight and Patriots or Bills tomorrow.

JakeF 12-05-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets (Post 15991641)
Gained on Bengals, Raiders, and Ravens today. Will gain on Broncos tonight and Patriots or Bills tomorrow.

Amazing

Now, we need Pringle to step up.

Otter 12-05-2021 08:56 PM

Pretty sure if the Chiefs win this one all teams in contention will be 8-4.

4th and Long 12-05-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 15992926)
Pretty sure if the Chiefs win this one all teams in contention will be 8-4.

You are correct, sir.

Red Dawg 12-05-2021 09:28 PM

And now we kick. Our offense from last year is dead.

Red Dawg 12-05-2021 09:34 PM

Good gawd run the ****ing ball. What did we draft an RB in round 1.

Red Dawg 12-05-2021 09:44 PM

DIRTY ****ING DAN! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Hammock Parties 12-05-2021 10:10 PM

Now we are truly in it.

Hammock Parties 12-05-2021 10:37 PM

Week 14 games of note:

LV @ KC
BAL @ CLE
JAX @ TEN
BUF @ TB

The Buffalo/NE game tomorrow night is huge.

Hammock Parties 12-05-2021 10:41 PM

The Chiefs can be in sole possession of the one seed next week if:

Buffalo beats New England
Cleveland beats Baltimore
Jacksonville beats Tennessee
Tampa Bay beats Buffalo
Kansas City beats Las Vegas

Chiefs 9-4
Ravens 8-5
Bills 8-5
Titans 8-5
Patriots 8-5

suzzer99 12-05-2021 10:41 PM

Chiefs could even lose a game and still get the #1 seed. I don't think the odds are more than 30% in that scenario. But it's possible.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-05-2021 10:54 PM

Titans are banged up

Pats are frauds

Ravens have been lucky to not have a losing record.

I'd say it's between KC and Buffalo

KC_Connection 12-05-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15994424)
The Chiefs can be in sole possession of the one seed next week if:

Buffalo beats New England
Cleveland beats Baltimore
Jacksonville beats Tennessee
Tampa Bay beats Buffalo
Kansas City beats Las Vegas

Chiefs 9-4
Ravens 8-5
Bills 8-5
Titans 8-5
Patriots 8-5

Only one of those outcomes is unlikely. But then again, the Titans have been awful lately.

KC_Connection 12-05-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15994481)
Titans are banged up

Pats are frauds

Ravens have been lucky to not have a losing record.

I'd say it's between KC and Buffalo

Will be between KC and the winner of tomorrow's game, I suspect. Baltimore is gonna lose like half of their remaining games and Titans are a mess for sure.

Hammock Parties 12-05-2021 10:59 PM

It's looking QUITE likely at this point that we end up with at least the two or three seed.

ForeverIowan 12-05-2021 11:09 PM

#1 seed will come down to the Thursday night game Chiefs @ Chargers. Enormous game. Look at Chargers remaining schedule if we dont go in there and win I think they are likely to win out.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-05-2021 11:10 PM

I dont want home field. Mahomes sucks ass this year at home

KC_Connection 12-05-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverIowan (Post 15994539)
#1 seed will come down to the Thursday night game Chiefs @ Chargers. Enormous game. Look at Chargers remaining schedule if we dont go in there and win I think they are likely to win out.

The Chargers got beaten down by Denver last week. I suspect they'll be good for another one of those classic Charger losses down the stretch.

ForeverIowan 12-05-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15994549)
The Chargers got beaten down by Denver last week. I suspect they'll be good for another one of those classic Charger losses down the stretch.

Mahomes and crew just need to go in there and handle business. Their secondary is banged up. Don't want to have to find myself rooting for the Raiders the last week of the season Chargers @ Raiders

Hammock Parties 12-05-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverIowan (Post 15994568)
Mahomes and crew just need to go in there and handle business. Their secondary is banged up. Don't want to have to find myself rooting for the Raiders the last week of the season Chargers @ Raiders

We need to hit Bosa in the head on every ****ing play.

I want to see what's left of that cro magnon's brain dribbling out his ears after Darrel Williams chips him right in the cranium for the 30th pass play in a row.

arrwheader 12-06-2021 11:41 AM

So I think a Bills win tonight and loss later this week (to bucs), followed with a Chiefs win and a balt loss would put Chiefs up to 2 seed. If Tenn lost to jags again we would be the 1 seed in that scenerio.

Hammock Parties 12-06-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15995346)
So I think a Bills win tonight and loss later this week (to bucs), followed with a Chiefs win and a balt loss would put Chiefs up to 2 seed. If Tenn lost to jags again we would be the 1 seed in that scenerio.

CORRECT

arrwheader 12-06-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15995355)
CORRECT

So we root for the Dirty ****ing Bill Bags!

loochy 12-06-2021 11:46 AM

You know they say that all teams are created equal, but you look at the Chiefs and you look at the Ravens and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another team, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But the Chiefs are genetic freaks and they're not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat Chiefs. Then you add the Patriots to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the #1 seed, for the playoffs, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but the Chiefs, they got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because the Patriots KNOW they can't beat the Chiefs and they're not even gonna try!

So Ravens, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus the Chiefs' 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning the #1 seed. But then you take the Chiefs' 75% chance of winning, if they were to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, the Chiefs got 141 2/3 chance of winning the #1 seed. See Ravens, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you getting the #1 seed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/msDuNZyYAIQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 12-06-2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15995361)
So we root for the Dirty ****ing Bill Bags!

NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS

GoForIt 12-06-2021 11:59 AM

If the Patriots win tonight, they will get the top seed most likely. They are playing the best football of any team. A win at Buffalo Monday night will be all they need.

davewan 12-06-2021 12:03 PM

Chiefs are on the losing end of several tie breakers. Right at this moment, the Pats, Titans and Ravens all have the tie breaker advantage on the Chiefs. If the Chiefs, Chargers and Bills all had identical records right now, the Chargers and Bills would have tie breaker advantages as well. A lot would have to fall just right for the Chiefs to end up as the 1 seed. The odds have to be pretty steep against that happening.

Hammock Parties 12-06-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoForIt (Post 15995393)
If the Patriots win tonight, they will get the top seed most likely. They are playing the best football of any team. A win at Buffalo Monday night will be all they need.

New England still has losable games at Indy and against the Bills again, and @MIA is no cakewalk.

But best road for KC is a Buffalo win tonight.

I think the chips will fall pretty well for KC in the other games, I'm mostly concerned about US taking care of the Chargers and Bengals. We got everyone else, easy.

staylor26 12-06-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Yea let’s just assume the Pats sweep the Bills, beat the red hot Colts, and don’t lose their yearly game to the Dolphins.

loochy 12-06-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Dude, you're such a bundle of sticks

BWillie 12-06-2021 12:17 PM

We want New England to win tonight right? Buffalo has tie breaker on us as they beat us head to head.

Hammock Parties 12-06-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15995442)
We want New England to win tonight right? Buffalo has tie breaker on us as they beat us head to head.

Nope. Buffalo.

Then Buffalo turns around and loses to TB to go 8-5.

MahomesMagic 12-06-2021 12:25 PM

Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey (shoulder) likely out for season

Ravens aren't beating us without Humphrey.

MahomesMagic 12-06-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewan (Post 15995407)
Chiefs are on the losing end of several tie breakers. Right at this moment, the Pats, Titans and Ravens all have the tie breaker advantage on the Chiefs. If the Chiefs, Chargers and Bills all had identical records right now, the Chargers and Bills would have tie breaker advantages as well. A lot would have to fall just right for the Chiefs to end up as the 1 seed. The odds have to be pretty steep against that happening.

Bills fan?

I think Allen chokes tonight Da Quix.

Hammock Parties 12-06-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15995465)
Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey (shoulder) likely out for season

Ravens aren't beating us without Humphrey.

Yeah this was another major development for us.

Baltimore is pretty well ****ed at this point given their schedule.

Tennessee is trash and has no prayer.

We only really need to worry about Buffalo and New England, and the play each other twice.

It's really set up well for KC right now IF they take care of bidness.

Spott 12-06-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15995442)

At bare minimum, we want them to split the series. If NE wins tonight, it would be much easier for them to sweep Buffalo since the next game will be in Foxboro.

MahomesMagic 12-06-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 15995474)
At bare minimum, we want them to split the series. If NE wins tonight, it would be much easier for them to sweep Buffalo since the next game will be in Foxboro.

It's pretty evenly matched. Supposedly weather will be a factor.

Bills fans insist Allen can't play well if there is a slight wind.

That tips this into NE's favor since their OL and Defense are better.

Mama Hip Rockets 12-06-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets (Post 15991641)

Forgot that the Chiefs also gained 1/2 game on the Titans, who had a bye week.