ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Nick Bolton Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338119)

Matrix 05-02-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15655528)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">you say &quot;holy shit&quot; a lot watching nick bolton <a href="https://t.co/jDDgeF4Myr">pic.twitter.com/jDDgeF4Myr</a></p>&mdash; Austin Gayle (@PFF_AustinGayle) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1348665255157788674?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And was thrown out of the game because of it.

KChiefs1 05-02-2021 05:54 PM

David Ubben on what the Chiefs are getting: The 6-foot, 230-pound linebacker was a three-star recruit who grew into one of the SECís best linebackers and most reliable players throughout his time with the Tigers. Missouri linebackers coach D.J. Smith compared him to Bobby Wagner, Devon White, Fred Warner, Lavonte David or Mychal Kendricks. Wherever the ball is, Bolton probably isnít far away.

Dane Bruglerís analysis: The Chiefs are keeping Bolton in the state of Missouri, and he provides an immediate upgrade at linebacker for Kansas City. Can he be consistent in coverage? Thatís the main question. But he is a hammer looking for a nail in the run game with his play speed, instincts and competitive toughness.

Sheil Kapadiaís grade: C+. Bolton (5-foot-11, 237 pounds) was a terrific college player, but there are legitimate questions about how Boltonís game will translate to the next level. He offers a high floor, but does Bolton have the size and athleticism necessary to keep up with NFL running backs and tight ends in coverage? Given that the Chiefs didnít have a first-round pick, itís fair to wonder whether it makes sense for them to use this pick on an off-ball linebacker..

flinchfree 05-02-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15659148)
.............

Sheil Kapadiaís grade: C+. Bolton (5-foot-11, 237 pounds) was a terrific college player, but there are legitimate questions about how Boltonís game will translate to the next level. He offers a high floor, but does Bolton have the size and athleticism necessary to keep up with NFL running backs and tight ends in coverage? Given that the Chiefs didnít have a first-round pick, itís fair to wonder whether it makes sense for them to use this pick on an off-ball linebacker..

LOL.

Because, as a 'terrific' college Linebacker playing in the piddly ole SEC conference, he's never seen players like those that materialize in the NFL.

The Franchise 05-02-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flinchfree (Post 15659213)
LOL.

Because, as a 'terrific' college Linebacker playing in the piddly ole SEC conference, he's never seen players like those that materialize in the NFL.

Heís talking about being a run stopping LB with a lack of coverage skills.

Ron Swanson 05-02-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix (Post 15659043)
And was thrown out of the game because of it.

And shouldn't have been.

Chieftain 05-02-2021 07:56 PM

Craig Stout is the only one I enjoy listening to. The other two are clowns and mostly negative throughout the show. It's mindnumbing how down they were on our first two picks. That dweeb Matt Lane graded the draft up to that point a C. WTF?
We picked up two high value players at positions of need. Sure a WR would've been great but nobody available would've had the impact on offense that Bolton will have on defense. It's really that simple. And we absolutely needed a center. To get Humphrey that late is an absolute steal. Guy will be a solid starter for at least a decade.

TambaBerry 05-02-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix (Post 15659043)
And was thrown out of the game because of it.

Really? That's about the cleanest big hit you can do now days. Unless there is another angle

TwistedChief 05-02-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain (Post 15659238)
Craig Stout is the only one I enjoy listening to. The other two are clowns and mostly negative throughout the show. It's mindnumbing how down they were on our first two picks. That dweeb Matt Lane graded the draft up to that point a C. WTF?
We picked up two high value players at positions of need. Sure a WR would've been great but nobody available would've had the impact on offense that Bolton will have on defense. It's really that simple. And we absolutely needed a center. To get Humphrey that late is an absolute steal. Guy will be a solid starter for at least a decade.

I think theyíre pretty good. These guys arenít homers and theyíre not ultra-negative. I thought their reasoning for not loving the picks wasnít entirely off even though I didnít necessarily agree. These are guys who live and breathe the Chiefs and travel to the Senior Bowl to scout players with the Chiefs in mind. Theyíre doing a great job in my view whether you agree with their takes or not.

RunKC 05-02-2021 08:34 PM

LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Me when Ben Niemann gets snaps over Willie Gay and Nick Bolton <a href="https://t.co/uZtyhxL0sc">pic.twitter.com/uZtyhxL0sc</a></p>&mdash; 🧨uɐɥʇɐuoɾ🧨 (@Y0KE_) <a href="https://twitter.com/Y0KE_/status/1388953264016691201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

flinchfree 05-02-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15659214)
He’s talking about being a run stopping LB with a lack of coverage skills.

If that's what he showed in College (which is a pretty unfair blanket suggestion), then he wouldn't have been a terrific LBer.
No? I mean you can't get burned over and over and over and be considered good let alone terrific.
And he did it without a tonne of defensive help, losing more than is fun or easy to remain absolutely amped for.
But he stood out for exactly that endeavor.

The fact that some really quick rbacks or slot receivers were able to go past him is not peculiar to any LBers career. It's why you have Strong safeties and CB's who drop off coverage to get back into the play to help stop the play going for 6.

He's going to look freakin amazing next to Gay and Honey Badger and with the kind of stout and game wrecking defensive line were assembling.
ESPECIALLY considering the mediocre LBer play we've gotten accustomed to watching over the last few years...

Our D needs to keep teams under 24, not 14 like the Bears have needed for the last 30 years.

ThyKingdomCome15 05-02-2021 10:04 PM

Terrible pick. Nick Niemann was still available.

bricks 05-02-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15659271)
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Me when Ben Niemann gets snaps over Willie Gay and Nick Bolton <a href="https://t.co/uZtyhxL0sc">pic.twitter.com/uZtyhxL0sc</a></p>&mdash; 🧨uɐɥʇɐuoɾ🧨 (@Y0KE_) <a href="https://twitter.com/Y0KE_/status/1388953264016691201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMAOLMAOLMAO

ChiefAshhole1056 05-03-2021 12:03 AM

I think his mentality and playing style is going to mesh well with the rest of the defense. There hasn’t been any players outside of Dirty Dan and occasionally Sneed that could deliver a big hit that gets the team going. This team feeds off of energy and their sudden runs they go on come from the type of plays that Bolton can provide with his hitting power and aggressiveness.

I was skeptical at this pick when it was announced because I thought there were more valuable ways to utilize our first pick but I’ve warmed up to it. In a lot of ways he’s a young Anthony Hitchens but with more personality on the field. He’ll be a multi-year starter for the team and at the end of the day that’s all you can ask for in the 2nd round.

Rainbarrel 05-03-2021 04:19 AM

Shittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be shittin' again when the evenin' comes
Watchin' as the tapes roll in
Eating Joe's I'll watch (Lock-Carr) flop and fail again…

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-03-2021 01:59 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nick Bolton: Highest-graded linebacker over the last two seasons (91.2)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> 2nd RD pick 💪 <a href="https://t.co/lTxyImJkEa">pic.twitter.com/lTxyImJkEa</a></p>&mdash; PFF Draft (@PFF_College) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1389293687474114562?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sofa King 05-03-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15659271)
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Me when Ben Niemann gets snaps over Willie Gay and Nick Bolton <a href="https://t.co/uZtyhxL0sc">pic.twitter.com/uZtyhxL0sc</a></p>&mdash; 🧨uɐɥʇɐuoɾ🧨 (@Y0KE_) <a href="https://twitter.com/Y0KE_/status/1388953264016691201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Holy shit this is perfect

Pitt Gorilla 05-03-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15656721)
Positives. Eventual cheap Hitchens replacement.

Negatives. Instincts.

Is this a ****ing joke? :shake:

Kiimosabi 05-03-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15658649)
What the **** is Zaven going to play? MLB? Heís 270 lbs now and they just took Simmons high last year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RWs_2zar6qk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84 05-04-2021 09:26 AM

Found some full game tapes - remember, these aren't highlights, but rather full game cut-ups.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m7q3tRa3FM8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8qve1qSK50o" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xmr_CsFb5P4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o0Lalew24Jo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BWillie 05-04-2021 09:37 AM

I don't really love any of our picks outside of Creed, but I don't hate them either. Good draft all around. I'd like more of a coverage LB in this day and age but nothing wrong with this guy except he's a Mizzou.

htismaqe 05-04-2021 11:13 AM

The concerns about Bolton's coverage ability are overblown.

He's eventually going to settle at MLB. He's not going to be covering RB's and TE's as much as people think because they're just assuming he's going to be outside.

staylor26 05-04-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15661488)
The concerns about Bolton's coverage ability are overblown.

He's eventually going to settle at MLB. He's not going to be covering RB's and TE's as much as people think because they're just assuming he's going to be outside.

Exactly and this idea that heís incapable and a 2 down LB is silly. Heís not great, but heís definitely capable and even has some ball skills to make plays in coverage.

The Franchise 05-04-2021 11:28 AM

I was meh when he was picked but I can still see the value he brings to the team.

TRR 05-04-2021 11:45 AM

I hear a lot of people stating Bolton wonít see the field much because Gay didnít in his rookie season. The difference is Gay barely played his final year in college due to an 8 game suspension, then arrived in KC with an abbreviated ramp up to the season. Bolton played a lot of games the last 2 seasons, and should have a full offseason and preseason to get up to speed.

The Franchise 05-04-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 15661547)
I hear a lot of people stating Bolton wonít see the field much because Gay didnít in his rookie season. The difference is Gay barely played his final year in college due to an 8 game suspension, then arrived in KC with an abbreviated ramp up to the season. Bolton played a lot of games the last 2 seasons, and should have a full offseason and preseason to get up to speed.

Plus he was responsible for lining up the defense at Mizzou. Iím not calling Gay stupid but Bolton is more intelligent.

staylor26 05-04-2021 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15661553)
Plus he was responsible for lining up the defense at Mizzou. I’m not calling Gay stupid but Bolton is more intelligent.

Absolutely. More intelligent along with more experience.

Kiimosabi 05-04-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15661517)
I was meh when he was picked but I can still see the value he brings to the team.

Same and part of that was the disappointment of not getting JOK but his heart thing I did not know about.

The other part was seeing everybody go


M-I-Z

instead of telling me why he was actually good. I see it now. I like him despite being Missouri trash. ;)

The Franchise 05-04-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15661576)
Same and part of that was the disappointment of not getting JOK but his heart thing I did not know about.

The other part was seeing everybody go


M-I-Z

instead of telling me why he was actually good. I see it now. I like him despite being Missouri trash. ;)

Yeah that MIZ shit is dumb.

Pasta Little Brother 05-04-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15661577)
Yeah that MIZ shit is dumb.

Agree. Not squak sqauk chicken hawk level dumb, but sure...

htismaqe 05-04-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 15661547)
I hear a lot of people stating Bolton wonít see the field much because Gay didnít in his rookie season. The difference is Gay barely played his final year in college due to an 8 game suspension, then arrived in KC with an abbreviated ramp up to the season. Bolton played a lot of games the last 2 seasons, and should have a full offseason and preseason to get up to speed.

The main thing that will keep Bolton off the field, if anything, is that we already have Hitchens.

Bolton is an inside LB. He CAN play the will but that's not his ultimate position.

I think Bolton will play more than Gay did but I don't expect to see him getting a ton of snaps early in the season because they're going to have to find ways to get him on the field.

He'll be fine, regardless.

O.city 05-04-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15661592)
The main thing that will keep Bolton off the field, if anything, is that we already have Hitchens.

Bolton is an inside LB. He CAN play the will but that's not his ultimate position.

I think Bolton will play more than Gay did but I don't expect to see him getting a ton of snaps early in the season because they're going to have to find ways to get him on the field.

He'll be fine, regardless.

I would actually like to see Gay in the Will spot and play Bolton at SAM. I think that woudl be a nice fit for a year, then Bolton can slide to that MLB spot.

Pitt Gorilla 05-04-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15661576)
Same and part of that was the disappointment of not getting JOK but his heart thing I did not know about.

The other part was seeing everybody go


M-I-Z

instead of telling me why he was actually good. I see it now. I like him despite being Missouri trash. ;)

Missouri had 5 kids drafted, IIRC.

htismaqe 05-04-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15661601)
I would actually like to see Gay in the Will spot and play Bolton at SAM. I think that woudl be a nice fit for a year, then Bolton can slide to that MLB spot.

Gay spent much of last year learning the sam though. :shrug:

O.city 05-04-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15661620)
Gay spent much of last year learning the sam though. :shrug:

I know, I'm not really sure why though? To me seems his athleticism is better on the weakside?

TRR 05-04-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15661592)
The main thing that will keep Bolton off the field, if anything, is that we already have Hitchens.

Bolton is an inside LB. He CAN play the will but that's not his ultimate position.

I think Bolton will play more than Gay did but I don't expect to see him getting a ton of snaps early in the season because they're going to have to find ways to get him on the field.

He'll be fine, regardless.

Fair, although heíll start at the Will in base D, and I think heíll eventually get some run at MLB in order to preserve Hitchens a bit. Especially with a 17 game season as the new norm.

htismaqe 05-04-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 15661666)
Fair, although heíll start at the Will in base D, and I think heíll eventually get some run at MLB in order to preserve Hitchens a bit. Especially with a 17 game season as the new norm.

Given how reticent the Chiefs are to play rookies, I won't say he's going to start anywhere but it's certainly possible.

htismaqe 05-04-2021 01:21 PM

https://www.nfl.com/news/lamar-jacks...ilson-among-ve

Anthony Hitchens makes the "hurt" list but it's still good news for the Chiefs...

4) Chiefs linebacker Anthony Hitchens

The Kansas City Chiefs have used a second-round pick on a linebacker for the second year in row. Last year it was Willie Gay Jr.. This time around it's Missouri's Nick Bolton. What does this mean for Hitchens? Simply put, there's a good chance this could be his last year with this franchise. Hitchens has been one of Kansas City's defensive leaders since 2018 -- when he signed a five-year, $45 million free agent deal -- but his major impact always has been as a signal-caller who gets his teammates lined up consistently. The Chiefs have needed more athleticism in their linebacking corps for years, which is why Bolton is now here. It remains to be seen how long it takes for Bolton to pick things up but the important figure to remember here is Hitchens' cap number. He could save the team $8.5 million in cap space if he's released after the 2021 season. With Bolton and Gay in place, it's hard to see how the Chiefs don't take advantage of that opportunity.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15661488)
The concerns about Bolton's coverage ability are overblown.

He's eventually going to settle at MLB. He's not going to be covering RB's and TE's as much as people think because they're just assuming he's going to be outside.

My issue is that Bolton will have to have the instincts bordering on clairvoyance to succeed, because he doesn't have recovery speed or agility to make up a mistake.

staylor26 05-04-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15661959)
My issue is that Bolton will have to have the instincts bordering on clairvoyance to succeed, because he doesn't have recovery speed or agility to make up a mistake.

Good thing instincts are one of his best qualities.

I love how some of you talk as if he’s as athletic as Reggie Ragland. His speed is fine, and I’d bet his 10 yard split is above average. He plays fast. Stop just looking at the #s and watch the tape.

RunKC 05-04-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15661959)
My issue is that Bolton will have to have the instincts bordering on clairvoyance to succeed, because he doesn't have recovery speed or agility to make up a mistake.

I was thinking the same thing. You can see that on his tape as well

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15661973)
I was thinking the same thing. You can see that on his tape as well

You can also see his instincts on tape too, but apparently you guys missed that.

He wasn’t drafted to cover TE’s and RB’s down the field. We have Willie Gay to be our athletic coverage LB.

However, he’s more athletic and has more upside than Hitchens ever had in coverage. He also has some ball skills and can make plays. I don’t see how anybody can know he was drafted to replace Hitchens and question whether he has the athletic ability to do so.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15661964)
Good thing instincts are one of his best qualities.

I love how some of you talk as if he’s as athletic as Reggie Ragland. His speed is fine, and I’d bet his 10 yard split is above average. He plays fast. Stop just looking at the #s and watch the tape.



https://www.si.com/.image/c_fit%2Ccs...DMy/bolton.jpg

His 10 yard and 3 cone are worse than Tamba's who was 40 pounds heavier when he ran it

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15661981)
https://www.si.com/.image/c_fit%2Ccs...DMy/bolton.jpg

His 10 yard and 3 cone are worse than Tamba's who was 40 pounds heavier when he ran it

Don’t really care. I’ve watched the tape. He absolutely flies around the football field. If you don’t think he plays faster than the guy he is going to replace, I really don’t know what to tell you. Maybe get a new set of eyes?

Also, his composite speed grade is “good”. You are talking like it’s terrible.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15661992)
Donít really care. Iíve watched the tape. He absolutely flies around the football field. If you donít think he plays faster than the guy he is going to replace, I really donít know what to tell you. Maybe get a new set of eyes?

Also, his composite speed grade is ďgoodĒ. You are talking like itís terrible.



His short area speed is terrible, Bolton will be a roleplayer and solid expecting anything more is unfair to him.

RunKC 05-04-2021 04:11 PM

A slightly faster Hitchens. Yeah not exactly a ringing endorsement for a 2nd rd pick

ThyKingdomCome15 05-04-2021 04:12 PM

Chiefs made several stellar picks. Nick is gonna be a tone setter in time. He doesn't just tackle, he sends a message. I think he'll be fine in coverage with Spags coaching him up. Not stellar, but fine.

We're simply going to have to bracket guys like Waller. Only a hand full of players in the NFL can cover top tier TE's and not get ran over on running plays.

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15661997)
His short area speed is terrible, Bolton will be a roleplayer and solid expecting anything more is unfair to him.

You are basing this off the underwear olympics. Iím basing it off the tape. Itís quite obvious what you put more stock into based on your draft takes. Do you even watch these guys or do you just immediately go to the combine/pro day #s to judge?

The way seem of you talk about him itís a wonder how an undersized slow 2 down LB was a consensus early 2nd round pick.

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15661999)
A slightly faster Hitchens. Yeah not exactly a ringing endorsement for a 2nd rd pick

He’s not slightly faster. He plays significantly faster than Hitchens. Get a ****ing clue maybe?

I guess you would prefer going to FA route spending top dollar to replace Hitchens again?

Would you say Denzel Perryman was a bad 2nd round pick for the Chargers? That probably the best comparison for Bolton.

ThyKingdomCome15 05-04-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15661999)
A slightly faster Hitchens. Yeah not exactly a ringing endorsement for a 2nd rd pick

So often the intangibles separate the good from the great. Not only is he faster physically, his instincts are tremendous. He has a next level feel for the game. Hitchens can only dream to diagnose a play like this kid.

Plus this kid is an absolute nail driver. I've seen Hitchens lay some big hits. This kid will flat out end your day.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15662004)
You are basing this off the underwear olympics. I’m basing it off the tape. It’s quite obvious what you put more stock into based on your draft takes. Do you even watch these guys or do you just immediately go to the combine/pro day #s to judge?

The way seem of you talk about him it’s a wonder how an undersized slow 2 down LB was a consensus early 2nd round pick.

"but but he's going to be the exception because he's a Chief!"

If Bolton does succeed awesome, but I'm not expecting an all-pro or pro-bowl caliber player.

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15662017)
"but but he's going to be the exception because he's a Chief!"

If Bolton does succeed awesome, but I'm not expecting an all-pro or pro-bowl caliber player.

Who the **** said anything about All-Pro?

If he’s just a good MLB and cheaper upgrade from Hitchens, it’s a good ****ing pick. Maybe your expectations are too high if you expect every late 2nd round pick to be an All-Pro?

If he’s Denzel Perryman, his most common pro comparison, it’s a great pick.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15662022)
Who the **** said anything about All-Pro?

If heís just a good MLB and cheaper upgrade from Hitchens itís a great ****ing pick. Maybe your expectations are too high if you expect every late 2nd round pick to be an All-Pro.

If heís Denzel Perryman, his most common pro comparison, itís a great pick.


As I said if you expect anything more than a roleplayer then you are fooling yourself

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15662028)
As I said if you expect anything more than a roleplayer then you are fooling yourself

This isn’t basketball.

I assume by “role player” you mean that he’s a 2 down LB, and if so, you’re wrong.

That’s also diminishes what he will be doing as a leader on D and the guy making all of the calls.

The Franchise 05-04-2021 04:38 PM

You’re arguing with the guy who wanted a 2nd round RB. Might as well just stop wasting your time.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15662031)
This isn’t basketball.

I assume by “role player” you mean that he’s a 2 down LB, and if so, you’re wrong.

That’s also diminishes what he will be doing as a leader on D and the guy making all of the calls.

He's Sorenson he'll be steady but nothing great.

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15662036)
He's Sorenson he'll be steady but nothing great.

So he’s a player that plays an entirely different position with an entirely different skill set? Got it.

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15662035)
You’re arguing with the guy who wanted a 2nd round RB. Might as well just stop wasting your time.

I totally forgot about that LMAO

So Bolton is a “role player”, but a backup RB wouldn’t have been.

O.city 05-04-2021 05:11 PM

In today's NFL I worry about LB'ers (off ball) who's knocks lateral quickness. It doesn't mean he can't be a good player, it's just not as likely he's an elite player.

Which is fine. No one should go into a draft expecting an elite player outside the top 4 or 5 picks.

If he's a good solid linebacker who gets a second contract here, thats a major success.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15662064)
So he’s a player that plays an entirely different position with an entirely different skill set? Got it.

So what is he's a roleplayer, or future all pro?

O.city 05-04-2021 05:13 PM

People overrate draft picks. Outside the first what, 2 rounds, the hit percentage is super low.

It's likely Humphrey is a really good player (he's a great center prospect who fell because of position), Bolton ends up a fine player and one of the other draft picks hits and the rest wash out in a few years. Thats the way the league goes.

staylor26 05-04-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15662082)
So what is he's a roleplayer, or future all pro?

You do realize that there’s something in between, correct? Like a good/solid starting MLB?

O.city 05-04-2021 05:18 PM

If you wanna argue positional value etc, fine. Thats got some validity.

If he's just a solid MLB who struggles against the pass, it's not the best pick as those can be found later. But if you say positional value then argue to draft a RB in the first couple rounds, well thats not really what you're arguing.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15662087)
You do realize that thereís something in between, correct? Like a good/solid starting MLB?


Said solid as his ceiling, but his floor is a roleplayer

O.city 05-04-2021 05:19 PM

People get pissed that 2nd round picks have flaws.

If they didn't, they'd go in the top 10. If he was good against the pass, he's Devin Bush. See where he went last eyar.

TRR 05-04-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15661992)
Donít really care. Iíve watched the tape. He absolutely flies around the football field. If you donít think he plays faster than the guy he is going to replace, I really donít know what to tell you. Maybe get a new set of eyes?

Also, his composite speed grade is ďgoodĒ. You are talking like itís terrible.

I remember the same argument was made when Derrick Johnson posted a 7.20 3 cone and a 1.62 10 yard split. Too much is made of one day testing.

ThyKingdomCome15 05-04-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15661553)
Plus he was responsible for lining up the defense at Mizzou. Iím not calling Gay stupid but Bolton is more intelligent.

Willie Gay is stupid. I'll say it.

Mecca 05-04-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15662100)
Willie Gay is stupid. I'll say it.

It's not that he's stupid he just has very little game experience.

Dante84 05-04-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15662100)
Willie Gay is stupid. I'll say it.

Not challenging, just curious what that's based on.

Not earning a starting spot? Or did he look lost on the field?

Chris Meck 05-04-2021 05:43 PM

Did any of you guys claiming Bolton is a liability against the pass...like...watch any of his tape?

No, no you didn't. Or you wouldn't be spouting that bullshit.

R Clark 05-04-2021 05:56 PM

I can’t believe people are knocking this guy, chiefs stated they couldn’t believe he was still there when they picked. Watch the film he makes some mistakes it it’s nothing that coaching and playing time can’t take care of

Chris Meck 05-04-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15662028)
As I said if you expect anything more than a roleplayer then you are fooling yourself

THANKS FOR WEIGHING IN

:thumb:

Halfcan 05-04-2021 06:07 PM

Brett and Andy looked pretty pumped to get this slow-ass, two-bit role player-LOL

They really should have checked with the "experts" in this thread before making this pick.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15662151)
THANKS FOR WEIGHING IN

:thumb:


Anytime, just don't have delusions of grandeur

htismaqe 05-04-2021 07:34 PM

All-pro, all schmo.

Nobody expects him to come in here and be Ray Lewis. All he really has to be is Anthony Hitchens and if he ends up being an improvement, even better.

The Chiefs just saved $8M against the 2022 cap. That alone is worth it. Anything they get beyond that is gravy.

I for one can't wait for the first time he stuffs Javonte Williams for a loss. Talk about wasted 2nd round picks...

kccrow 05-04-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15662104)
It's not that he's stupid he just has very little game experience.

Nah he's actually stupid. Like the anti-MENSA.

My biggest worry when Veach drafted him was him ever actually being able to play at a decent level because he wouldn't be able to pick up the defensive alignments and play situational football. Set him loose to attack and the athleticism comes out... but boy don't let him think about shit. I'm still worried about it.

ThyKingdomCome15 05-04-2021 07:56 PM

Wow, if you guys haven't seen NFL's feature on Nick Bolton. You need to give it a look.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chiefsw...ont-break/amp/

tredadda 05-04-2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15661997)
His short area speed is terrible, Bolton will be a roleplayer and solid expecting anything more is unfair to him.

You strike me as a guy who would have drafted a Vernon Gholston.

We needed a MLB, who do you suggest KC should have drafted to address that need?

Chris Meck 05-04-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15662170)
Anytime, just don't have delusions of grandeur

Serious projection there, hombre.

Consensus late first round/early second round ranking by every-****ing-body, highest ranked LB in the SEC, but he's a 'role player'.

Sure thing, man.

Somebody's got delusions alright. It ain't me.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15662304)
You strike me as a guy who would have drafted a Vernon Gholston.

We needed a MLB, who do you suggest KC should have drafted to address that need?

Jamin Davis but he was a 1st round pick, and you strike me as someone on the Bobby Sippio hype train.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15662337)
Serious projection there, hombre.

Consensus late first round/early second round ranking by every-****ing-body, highest ranked LB in the SEC, but he's a 'role player'.

Sure thing, man.

Somebody's got delusions alright. It ain't me.


Sure!!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.