ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Justice League hopes to follow the Avengers success (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260276)

Rausch 06-07-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8665701)
I should tell you though that I convinced my wife to tap knuckles and bring our wedding bands together while saying "Wonder Twins activate!" at the end of our wedding ceremony.

Like Elway and Manning?...

listopencil 06-07-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8665718)
Like Elway and Manning?...

Kind of, but not gay or incestuous.

Frosty 06-07-2012 02:40 PM

Are there actually fans of Wonder Woman (I don't mean fans of Lynda Carter's boobs - I mean fans of the WW comic)?

They've done a good job with Batman but most of the big DC names are just weak characters (I do like the Flash, tho).

JD10367 06-07-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8665755)
Are there actually fans of Wonder Woman (I don't mean fans of Lynda Carter's boobs - I mean fans of the WW comic)?

They've done a good job with Batman but most of the big DC names are just weak characters (I do like the Flash, tho).

They should've let Whedon helm his "Wonder Woman" film. Given his penchant for strong female characters, I think he would've done justice (pardon the pun) to it.

durtyrute 06-07-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8665654)
I didn't think it would flop, but I was disappointed in the post-credits trailer I saw. I've never been so wrong about a film in my life.

What was after the credits, the wife and I left

Frosty 06-07-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8665800)
They should've let Whedon helm his "Wonder Woman" film. Given his penchant for strong female characters, I think he would've done justice (pardon the pun) to it.

They definitely need to reboot or re-imagine or re-something the character.

SnakeXJones 06-07-2012 03:27 PM

I would love this done "right" cause They ****ed up Green Latern to the point of killing someone but I could care a shit less for aquaman and wonder woman

Valiant 06-07-2012 04:12 PM

It is too hard to do. To many charactors fill the same rolls.

Superman is practically a god, only krytonite,magic andhumanity can defeat him. He would equate to thor + ironman + hulk. That is a villian not a main good guy character.

Batman = ironman

Flash = tony starks wit, he is fast, but how would that help a lot on the movie and showing the blur?

WW = female thor + black widow? = boring.

Hawkman = thor

Aquaman = hulk + posedian?

MManhunter = also a badass

This movie is just hard to make, they all are too powerful to just throw together. It works in comics and the animated series. But a movie? That shit will make john carter look successful. It would not even make the cost to film back with dvd sales.

There only shot is making supes crazy and everyone else has to stop him, then find out at the end it was luthor and darkseid for a second movie.

But again, to oneshot this withoutbuilding up he other characters will be tough.

Frosty 06-07-2012 07:11 PM

To be honest, if they want to do a DC ensemble movie, I would rather see a Titans movie than a JL one.

JD10367 06-07-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8666021)
Superman is practically a god, only krytonite,magic andhumanity can defeat him. He would equate to thor + ironman + hulk. That is a villian not a main good guy character.

Which is why this "Man Of Steel" reboot has promise, if it examines this part. So far in the Superman lexicon, AFAIK only "Smallville" has even remotely hinted that Supes might have some human angst and emotion. The recent "Chronicle" worked this nature vs. nurture point; what's the difference between a Clark Kent and a Zod? I'm not saying we need "The Dark Knight From Krypton", but making Supes a bit less of a cardboard-cutout Boy Scout would be a good step.

Same goes for Wonder Woman. Yeah, Linda Carter was hot. And cute. And smiled a lot. And basically played a 70s submissive secretary who looked sexy in tight spandex. What would the real Wonder Woman be like? Aquaman is also supposedly a bit of a pissed-off guy. With the environmental edge, he could be played as more of an angry Poseidon. They're all underdeveloped characters that are begging for a more involved treatment.

The problem is simple, though: it's not about the characters, it's also about who's playing them. Let's face it, as good as "Avengers" is, it really hinges on one person: Downey as Tony Stark. I liked Chris Evans' portrayal of CA, I liked Ruffalo as Hulk, and I liked Hemsworth as Thor, but without Downey's Iron Man it wouldn't be half the film. Iron Man (the character) and Downey (the actor) are driving that money train. For a JL film to succeed, Cavill will have to "break out" as Supes, and/or they need to convince Bale to don the cape one more time.

Deberg_1990 06-07-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8666559)
Which is why this "Man Of Steel" reboot has promise, if it examines this part. So far in the Superman lexicon, AFAIK only "Smallville" has even remotely hinted that Supes might have some human angst and emotion. The recent "Chronicle" worked this nature vs. nurture point; what's the difference between a Clark Kent and a Zod? I'm not saying we need "The Dark Knight From Krypton", but making Supes a bit less of a cardboard-cutout Boy Scout would be a good step.

Same goes for Wonder Woman. Yeah, Linda Carter was hot. And cute. And smiled a lot. And basically played a 70s submissive secretary who looked sexy in tight spandex. What would the real Wonder Woman be like? Aquaman is also supposedly a bit of a pissed-off guy. With the environmental edge, he could be played as more of an angry Poseidon. They're all underdeveloped characters that are begging for a more involved treatment.

The problem is simple, though: it's not about the characters, it's also about who's playing them. Let's face it, as good as "Avengers" is, it really hinges on one person: Downey as Tony Stark. I liked Chris Evans' portrayal of CA, I liked Ruffalo as Hulk, and I liked Hemsworth as Thor, but without Downey's Iron Man it wouldn't be half the film. Iron Man (the character) and Downey (the actor) are driving that money train. For a JL film to succeed, Cavill will have to "break out" as Supes, and/or they need to convince Bale to don the cape one more time.

I'd probably agree with this for the most part. Marvel really cast all of them well, but they hit a HR with Downey. he's the cog that drives the engine.

As for Bale doing Batman for Justice League.......I don't know, I almost feel like they would have to reboot Batman for that. The Batman and the world Nolan has created feels pretty far removed from most comic book worlds. It's almost like its own thing and deserves to stand alone. It just wouldn't fit into in sort of broader comic book world.

Pushead2 06-08-2012 04:14 AM

with Superman, can't they just cut to the chase and have him fight Doomsday. Until then, I'm not wasting anymore time on those bullshit films

Micjones 06-08-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8665840)
What was after the credits, the wife and I left

"The Avengers" trailer followed "Captain America" credits.
A scene with Thanos followed "The Avengers" credits (presumably a prelude to the next Avengers film).

BigCatDaddy 06-08-2012 08:17 AM

Interesting poll on yahoo.com this morning. 150,000 votes in

What's the greatest superhero team?

Justice League 42%

Avengers 30%

X-Men 28%

Fish 06-08-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8667045)
Interesting poll on yahoo.com this morning. 150,000 votes in

What's the greatest superhero team?

Justice League 42%

Avengers 30%

X-Men 28%

LOL... No.......