ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Justice League hopes to follow the Avengers success (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260276)

big nasty kcnut 06-09-2012 02:34 AM

**** marvel avengers was good but justice leagues way better and yes superman and batman do have conflict because batman is committed to saving gotham while superman want to save the world. Throw in wonder woman trying to be peaceful by fighting and the flash bringing humor yet bravery is pretty cool. Piss on green lantern all you want i thought it was a fair origin movie. Also have lex luthor and ra al gul as the bad guys would be great.

-King- 06-09-2012 08:58 AM

I cant handle a new batman. It would only piss me off. Nolan's batman has spoiled me.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 06-09-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 8668966)
**** marvel avengers was good but justice leagues way better and yes superman and batman do have conflict because batman is committed to saving gotham while superman want to save the world.

That's not conflict.

Quote:

Throw in wonder woman trying to be peaceful by fighting and the flash bringing humor yet bravery is pretty cool. Piss on green lantern all you want i thought it was a fair origin movie. Also have lex luthor and ra al gul as the bad guys would be great.
No.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 06-09-2012 10:35 AM

Pass. No way does that movie be any better than the Young Justice show.

Also, DC would look like the inferior brand if a Justice League movie didn't equal what the Avengers has managed to pull off.

Aries Walker 06-09-2012 11:07 AM

They really shouldn't make this. DC has a much less consistent atmosphere between its main titles. They'd be much more successful in the movies if they would stop putting out thin garbage like, well, every DC movie ever made outside of most of the Batmans and two of the Supermans.

Good: Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Superman I and II.
Debatable: Watchmen.
Stinkers: Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, Catwoman, Green Lantern, Superman III, Superman IV, Superman Returns, Supergirl, Steel, Jonah Hex, Swamp Thing I and II.

They just need to stop making crap.

Rausch 06-09-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pedestrian (Post 8668227)
I'm going to take the pessimistic route on this one because what made the Avengers and almost every Marvel superhero a success is how they were all true underdogs who can relate to the average inferiority complex of real people.

DC and the Justice League, OTOH, come from the perspective of "We were extraordinary individuals who became even better!" Batman is really the only one who can relate to Marvel's kind of audience...but maybe Superman can have some potential if they play off the plot of Smallville. :p

Mostly this.

Marvel takes the guy who's below average and gives him power and then says "How would this guy react?"

DC comics say "Somewhere we lost a step to Marvel. ALL OUR HEROES must have more power/abilities/strengths than them."

You can relate to Batman. He's human, even if a ga-zillionaire. He's still human.

Then...then it just gets stupid on the DC side...

whoman69 06-09-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8669288)
Mostly this.

Marvel takes the guy who's below average and gives him power and then says "How would this guy react?"

DC comics say "Somewhere we lost a step to Marvel. ALL OUR HEROES must have more power/abilities/strengths than them."

You can relate to Batman. He's human, even if a ga-zillionaire. He's still human.

Then...then it just gets stupid on the DC side...

I think the Titans are the exception to that. It started out just a sidekick group, but evolved into something more under Wolfman and Perez. Nightwing is one of DCs best characters. Cyborg is also a character very well fleshed out. They better not turn Beast Boy into the PC television version. Raven is daughter to a demon and had to worry that at any time she could release that power. Starfire had her throne usurped by her sister. They've even gotten away from the Wonder Girl/Wonder Woman comparisons.

They have some interesting antagonists like the Terminator, Blackfire, Trigon. I would prefer a Terra/Terminator teamup, but probably a better intro would be Trigon.

Agent V 06-09-2012 03:51 PM

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles teaming up with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was the greatest super hero team ever.

AustinChief 06-09-2012 03:57 PM

They've already made this movie!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eZ5kCdJPGL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With David Ogden Stiers as the fat Martian Manhunter

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xA9-MT4RVm...fatmartian.jpg

Psyko Tek 06-09-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8665612)
It'll be a minor miracle if it's half as good as any of the justice league cartoons.

True
If they want the JLA, they should just give it to Dini and write checks for him
His DC cartoons are way better than their movies
exception to Nolan's Batman series

beach tribe 06-09-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8669251)
Pass. No way does that movie be any better than the Young Justice show.

Also, DC would look like the inferior brand if a Justice League movie didn't equal what the Avengers has managed to pull off.

DC is an inferior brand.

beach tribe 06-09-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8669568)
They've already made this movie!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eZ5kCdJPGL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With David Ogden Stiers as the fat Martian Manhunter

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xA9-MT4RVm...fatmartian.jpg

That was a TV show

Jamie 06-10-2012 01:35 AM

Criticism of Superman as a character irritates me, even though I've never liked reading Superman comics that much. The one Superman story I did really like was Grant Morrison's All Star Superman, which I think is because he's one of the few writers that really understands the character. This is a quote from Morrison about how he sees Superman:

Quote:

In the end, I saw Superman not as a superhero or even a science fiction character, but as a story of Everyman. We’re all Superman in our own adventures. We have our own Fortresses of Solitude we retreat to, with our own special collections of valued stuff, our own super–pets, our own “Bottle Cities” that we feel guilty for neglecting. We have our own peers and rivals and bizarre emotional or moral tangles to deal with.

I felt I’d really grasped the concept when I saw him as Everyman, or rather as the dreamself of Everyman. That “S” is the radiant emblem of divinity we reveal when we rip off our stuffy shirts, our social masks, our neuroses, our constructed selves, and become who we truly are.

Batman is obviously much cooler, but that’s because he’s a very energetic and adolescent fantasy character: a handsome billionaire playboy in black leather with a butler at this beck and call, better cars and gadgetry than James Bond, a horde of fetish femme fatales baying around his heels and no boss. That guy’s Superman day and night.

Superman grew up baling hay on a farm. He goes to work, for a boss, in an office. He pines after a hard–working gal. Only when he tears off his shirt does that heroic, ideal inner self come to life. That’s actually a much more adult fantasy than the one Batman’s peddling but it also makes Superman a little harder to sell. He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman.

He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale. His worries and emotional problems are the same as ours... except that when he falls out with his girlfriend, the world trembles.
And speaking of Grant Morrison, there was a JLA story he wrote several years ago that I think could be a good basis for a movie. Basically Batman keeps contingency plans in case he ever has to take out the other superheroes, and a villain steals and uses them (in the comic it was Ra's al Ghul, but in a movie it could be whoever).

Amnorix 06-11-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8665604)
It'll probably suck compared to the Avengers, but I'll see it anyway. I'm a sucker for all these comic book movies.

This. Having two young boys only seals the deal for going to these.

But looks like a disaster in the making. They could do it right. They could repeat the successful formula that powered Avengers. But it looks like they would rather go screw it all up. Brilliant.

Amnorix 06-11-2012 07:32 AM

A few thoughts (from a guy who never, and I mean NEVER, picked up a comic book even as a kid):

1. I watched Justice League as a kid. Everyone around my age did. All of us are familiar with the characters and many of us have kids now. There's a huge built-in potential fanbase. That means easy money if they don't screw it to hell.

2. I do think the Marvel heroes are much better and more interesting than the DC ones, but the DC ones aren't that bad. The Green Lantern movie was totally mediocre, but it's not a very bad concept/character. Batman is a top 3 superhero character, easy, and probably #1 in the books of many. Superman is stupid, but whatever. Wonder Woman has great tits. Err...wait, I mean she is a character that EVERYONE is familiar with (moreso than Black Widow) and they can rebuild that character any way they want for the movie. Flash is fun. Everyone knows him and he's just a pretty cool character. Aquaman -- well, what can you do?

I think they can do it, and do it right. I also think there's a pretty massive probability that they will do it wrong and it will suck. It's up to them.