ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life S.O. wearing ex's jewelry? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224180)

rockymtnchief 03-02-2010 04:48 PM

A pearl necklace trumps anything given by an ex. Get busy.

sedated 03-02-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly (Post 6570533)
I think jewelry is a little different than clothing.

how so? they are both appearance accessories.

do women actually put an emotional attachment on jewelry? Guys only give that stuff so we can get laid or get the bitch to stop nagging us.

Jilly 03-02-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 6570545)

do women actually put an emotional attachment on jewelry? Guys only give that stuff so we can get laid or get the bitch to stop nagging us.

yes, a lot of women do. Well, I would, simply because I RARELY get jewelry and it would mean something that he would pick it out for me like that.

Katipan 03-02-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 6570545)

weeeell

I have a few things that used to belong to my Psycho. I would love to wear this warm ass ASU wrestling hoody thing. But it has his last name on the back and it would probably irritate the current love.

I kept the thing for my kids. I don't wear it for my love. I hold no more emotional value on it than that, but hell if I wear it.

I gave back most of our jewelry but the few pieces I still have are stored away also for my daughter. huh. Apparently I'm more pack rat than sentimentalist.

sedated 03-02-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly (Post 6570548)
it would mean something that he would pick it out for me like that.

but anything he gives you, he "picked out for you".

I guess this sheds some light on why women love cards so much. I see it as an overpriced generic peice of cardstock; she apparently goes the next 2 days with a mental gif of me wandering the isles of hallmark trying to find the perfect card just for her.

Hammock Parties 03-02-2010 05:00 PM

Christ, be a ****ing man. Who gives a shit?

Miles 03-02-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6570523)
Other than that, the key is the symbolism. Does she just think it's a necklace, or does she think it's a reminder of the deep and abiding love she once had for Percival or Chauncey or whatever his name is?

Yep. Only if is more than just a piece of jewelry to her does it become an issue.

Jilly 03-02-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 6570564)

I guess this sheds some light on why women love cards so much. I see it as an overpriced generic peice of cardstock; she apparently goes the next 2 days with a mental gif of me wandering the isles of hallmark trying to find the perfect card just for her.

I have a twinge of guilt if I'm even reading a book the ex gave me. So maybe I'm not a good one to ask. It could also be that my husband HATES my ex.

Stewie 03-02-2010 05:05 PM

Did she make a point of it that specific jewelry was from an ex?

POND_OF_RED 03-02-2010 05:05 PM

Is your girlfriend still wearing the pearl necklace I gave her last week? You'd think she would have washed that off by now.

Sandyskc 03-02-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

It is rare for guys to spend the time to do this, so it is special when they do. I keep all the cards I get because they were picked out just for me.

Rain Man 03-02-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

The card itself isn't really the issue. It's the time I spend interviewing the card writer to be sure that he or she has the skill to capture the right sentiment, and then working with the writer on draft after draft to get the wording just right. And then looking over all of the proofs of the cover art, identifying the art that matches the concepts the writer is working on, and then working on various versions, adding a unicorn here or moving a flower there. Producing the card is easy compared to the work that I put in before it gets to that stage.

gblowfish 03-02-2010 05:21 PM

Unless it's a pearl necklace, wouldn't be too worried about it, dude...

Slainte 03-02-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly (Post 6570576)
I have a twinge of guilt if I'm even reading a book the ex gave me. So maybe I'm not a good one to ask. It could also be that my husband HATES my ex.

That doesn't surprise me at all, for reasons I can't begin to explain...

Fish 03-02-2010 05:31 PM

Man up and tell her you don't care where it came from, it looks beautiful on her and that's all that matters. She'll respect you for that. Any other action, and you'll come off as insecure. You can't prevent her from having memories of another guy.

It's just stuff.