ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life S.O. wearing ex's jewelry? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224180)

Goldmember 03-02-2010 05:36 PM

I would draw the line if she made a necklace out of the used cock ring her ex gave her.

Saccopoo 03-02-2010 05:41 PM

Just one more piece of shiny that I wouldn't have to purchase. In all honesty, jewelry is so stupid it's mind boggling. "Looky! Shiney! Must have!" We're ****ing mockingbirds.

To piss away that much on something that provides absolutely nothing other than being a psychological self-aggrandizing status quo trinket is beyond squirrelly in my opinion. But then, I think that the whole concept of money is utterly ignorant anyway. I mean, it really has no value other than what society as a whole puts on it. It's nothing. It could be shells or beads or kernels of a grain. Even when it was backed by the gold standard, it was worthless. Really, what is gold anyway other than a shiney rock? It's not as good a conductor as copper or silver. It doesn't oxidize as rapidly as some metals, but that's about it. Shiney rock! Got to have shiney! And here we are, killing ourselves to accumulate as much "money" as we can even though it has no real value other than perceived by whatever society is looking at it.

Shiney rock! Ooooooooh!

Nature really let the wrong species become dominant. Humans are ****ing reeruned.

Rain Man 03-02-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 6570645)
I would draw the line if she made a necklace out of the used cock ring her ex gave her.

Particularly if it's big enough to fit around her neck. You don't want her to be reminded of that.

Goldmember 03-02-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6570664)
Just one more piece of shiny that I wouldn't have to purchase. In all honesty, jewelry is so stupid it's mind boggling. "Looky! Shiney! Must have!" We're ****ing mockingbirds.

To piss away that much on something that provides absolutely nothing other than being a psychological self-aggrandizing status quo trinket is beyond squirrelly in my opinion. But then, I think that the whole concept of money is utterly ignorant anyway. I mean, it really has no value other than what society as a whole puts on it. It's nothing. It could be shells or beads or kernels of a grain. Even when it was backed by the gold standard, it was worthless. Really, what is gold anyway other than a shiney rock? It's not as good a conductor as copper or silver. It doesn't oxidize as rapidly as some metals, but that's about it. Shiney rock! Got to have shiney! And here we are, killing ourselves to accumulate as much "money" as we can even though it has no real value other than perceived by whatever society is looking at it.

Shiney rock! Ooooooooh!

Nature really let the wrong species become dominant. Humans are ****ing reeruned.

I agree, it is overblown, but like tatoos, piercings, etc, it is a way to distinguish one's self from others, as are other status symbols such as cars and homes. Why not drive a basic car or live in a modest home. Everyone has a different sense of value.

Goldmember 03-02-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6570680)
Particularly if it's big enough to fit around her neck. You don't want her to be reminded of that.

LMAO Not what I was thinking, but that would be bothersome

jidar 03-02-2010 05:57 PM

Maybe it's not sentimental to her at all and it's just a nice necklace. A lot of times stuff is just stuff man.

Consider this... if your previous girl bought you a 360 or PS3 wouldn't you be using it? And if so wouldn't you be pissed if your present girl had a problem with you using it?

niblet 03-02-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6570519)
come off as a dick

I'll just leave this here.

Pablo 03-02-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6570664)

Yeah man, like totally. If nature let otters become dominant we'd totally covet clam flesh. That's wayyyy better than shiny rocks.

Pablo 03-02-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar (Post 6570733)
Maybe it's not sentimental to her at all and it's just a nice necklace. A lot of times stuff is just stuff man.

Consider this... if your previous girl bought you a 360 or PS3 wouldn't you be using it? And if so wouldn't you be pissed if your present girl had a problem with you using it?

Great post. Unless she's crying herself to sleep holding the locket and moaning "Billy, I miss you sooooo" don't worry about it. Otherwise you just come off as insecure and jealous.

FAX 03-02-2010 08:38 PM

It's a very common problem actually, Mr. kcchiefsfanGoJC. The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX and I experienced the same issue - only in reverse. I was given several items by ex-girlfriends that caused her discomfort as she felt they represented a lingering attachment to my past relationships. She explained to me that wearing gifted jewelry from past loves reflects a lack of decorum and propriety.

The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX taught me the appropriate way to handle it, though. The proper thing to do is for her to sell the stuff and give you the money.

FAX

Silock 03-02-2010 08:50 PM

Not cool.

Bugeater 03-02-2010 08:53 PM

I guarangoddamntee if it was the other way around she would see to it that you weren't going to wear it anymore.

Gadzooks 03-02-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 6571317)
I guarangoddamntee if it was the other way around she would see to it that you weren't going to wear it anymore.

This.
And if she didn’t, she’s probably not that into you.

boogblaster 03-02-2010 09:08 PM

sell it buy more beer

Mr. Laz 03-02-2010 09:14 PM

hell no ... if they are stupid enough to actually tell you it came from an old flame then they can pay the penalty and have to keep it in a box or something.