ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life S.O. wearing ex's jewelry? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224180)

acesn8s 03-02-2010 09:31 PM

Antifreeze will take care of the situation.

FRCDFED 03-02-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6570620)
The card itself isn't really the issue. It's the time I spend interviewing the card writer to be sure that he or she has the skill to capture the right sentiment, and then working with the writer on draft after draft to get the wording just right. And then looking over all of the proofs of the cover art, identifying the art that matches the concepts the writer is working on, and then working on various versions, adding a unicorn here or moving a flower there. Producing the card is easy compared to the work that I put in before it gets to that stage.

Rep! Awesome!

FRCDFED 03-02-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 6571317)
I guarangoddamntee if it was the other way around she would see to it that you weren't going to wear it anymore.

this!

Spott 03-02-2010 09:57 PM

My ex started wearing our engagement ring after we got divorced. I didn't really care that much at the time, although I thought it would have been more fashionable for her to wear it up her ass than on her finger.

DaFace 03-02-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6570567)
Christ, be a ****ing man. Who gives a shit?

Pretty much this. I'm pretty sure my wife still occasionally wears jewelry one of her exes gave her. Hell, it's too bad they didn't give her more so I wouldn't have to. :D

DeezNutz 03-02-2010 10:48 PM

Sorry, she's still seeing him on the side.

The necklace is a sure tell.

JD10367 03-02-2010 11:31 PM

My wife wears an ankle bracelet her ex gave her. I assume it's 'cause she likes ankle bracelets. If it bugged me, I'd buy her one--maybe even the exact one--and say, "Here, wear this one," LOL.

Really, though. It probably doesn't mean anything. And, frankly, if it does... so what?

Why do people assume that, once a relationship ends, you have to chuck out all the good feelings you had during that relationship? If it was a loving, deep, and meaningful relationship, and meant something to her, and didn't end crappily, let her keep her little memento. Is there a rule that says, "While in a relationship, you must love the person, but as soon as it ends you must exorcise them from your memory"? That's kinda shitty. I mean, look, she married YOU, and isn't f**king HIM any more, so what more do you want? Why do people act like being in a relationship must be a mutually-exclusive deal, where every ounce of warmth and affection--past, present, and future--must be directed at the other person?

A piece of jewelry is no different from a photograph, a music album, or some other trinket. It's just a reminder of a happy time. It doesn't mean it's a reminder of a happIER time or a BETTER time.

I have a few rings I no longer wear, and six pieces of jewelry I currently wear. Most was purchased by me, a few weren't. But the only thing I wear that my wife gave me is my wedding ring. Which I think is probably the most important piece. (Although I bought that f**ker too, LOL...)

Phobia 03-03-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6571747)
My wife wears an ankle bracelet her ex gave her. I assume it's 'cause she likes ankle bracelets.

You should buy her a pendant with a scripted "1985" because, I'll bet she'd like that too.

Phobia 03-03-2010 12:50 AM

I make sure to take all the jewelery I purchased any ex with me. Why don't more people have this policy? The only thing I leave behind are stretch marks and mayhem. Why don't more people have this policy?

Joie 03-03-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 6571859)
I make sure to take all the jewelery I purchased any ex with me. Why don't more people have this policy? The only thing I leave behind are stretch marks and mayhem. Why don't more people have this policy?

Good policy. But don't leave it where the current SO will find it. Ever. That'll get your ass in trouble, too.

Sell all old jewelry. Period.

Phobia 03-03-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joie (Post 6571891)
Good policy. But don't leave it where the current SO will find it. Ever. That'll get your ass in trouble, too.

Sell all old jewelry. Period.

I may have left some on her body. Is that bad?

Phobia 03-03-2010 01:35 AM

Seriously though, I took the two rings from my ex-wife and have kept them all these years. I plan to give them to my daughters when they're old enough to care - which may be never.

El Jefe 03-03-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 6570520)
I don't really see an issue with it.

If it was an engagement ring or a locket with his and her pictures in it, I could see having an issue, but not just some generic earings or whatever.

I still have clothes from past girlfriends, and it never brings back some emotional attachment when I wear it.

How did it come up that it was a gift from an ex? Did she specifically point it out, or did you ask?

We were talking about this kid from our church and how he used to like her, and he gave her a necklace when he was trying to get with her. Then she said that "Joe" gave her something that she still has while they dated. To be honest I just cant stand "Joe", I think he's an idiot.

El Jefe 03-03-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6570521)
WWOJD

LMAO

FAX 03-03-2010 08:17 AM

You guys have me interested, now. I'm going to do an inventory of the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX's jewelry and establish the provenance of each and every damn piece. If she's still wearing some other guy's ransom, it's going to hit ebay before you can say, "Obsessing on the distant past.". Especially if it's worth any money.

FAX