ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink -- Extremely overdue topic - Ramen Noodles - brands, technique etc... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311457)

Simply Red 11-10-2017 10:57 PM

-- Extremely overdue topic - Ramen Noodles - brands, technique etc...

Let's discuss Ramen Noodles - which brands do you procure, Maruchan? Nissin? Sapporo Ichiban?

List them!

Techniques? Less water? Let them steep? Hard heat? add black pepper? Hot Sauce? Eggs?

Let's discuss Ramen noodles in full! NO HOLES BARRED!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/65vys-xgDYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DukIpFrKkFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni 11-10-2017 11:10 PM

From the poverty meal series...

Simply Red 11-10-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13210648)
From the poverty meal series...

**** YOU!

Easy 6 11-10-2017 11:19 PM

When I was a kid living in Champaign, Il... we hit up the Asian food store constantly

The varieties go far beyond top ramen... there are usually 3-5 packets or more of different seasonings, and better quality noodles than in regular ramen

Used to buy these real deal rice noodle shrimp soups, the broth was pink and there was a decent packet of crumbled shrimp, flavoring oils and vegetables... oh yeah, the Asian store was a staple

Asians damn well know their soups

Simply Red 11-10-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13210656)
When I was a kid living in Champaign, Il... we hit up the Asian food store constantly

The varieties go far beyond top ramen... there are usually 3-5 packets or more of different seasonings, and better quality noodles than in regular ramen

Used to buy these real deal rice noodle shrimp soups, the broth was pink and there was a decent packet of crumbled shrimp, flavoring oils and vegetables... oh yeah, the Asian store was a staple

Asians damn well know their soups

Look, I don't eat these things but 3 or 4 times a year - generally when the temp is falling or if I'm sick. There's bound to be some poor ****s who are artists at doctoring these things up!

Pasta Little Brioni 11-10-2017 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13210659)
Look, I don't eat these things but 3 or 4 times a year - generally when the temp is falling or if I'm sick. There's bound to be some poor ****s who are artists at doctoring these things up!

Buzz is your man

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-10-2017 11:33 PM

I feel the need to restore love here. I just recently discovered slow-cook beef ramen with melted sharp cheddar, onions, broccoli, and a lot of love. I dedicate this love to SR, and pray that he will have a peaceful evening.
Amen.

Simply Red 11-10-2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13210670)
I feel the need to restore love here. I just recently discovered slow-cook beef ramen with melted sharp cheddar, onions, broccoli, and a lot of love. I dedicate this love to SR, and pray that he will have a peaceful evening.
Amen.

Thank you.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-10-2017 11:39 PM

Back in the day would add some butter and maybe a few thawed frozen shrimp.

T-post Tom 11-10-2017 11:44 PM

ramen noodles are an aphrodisiac...

Simply Red 11-10-2017 11:53 PM

once you guys decide to address this topic with a straight face and take it serious - let me know - until then - rot in hell.

Thanks u

T-post Tom 11-10-2017 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13210688)
once you guys decide to address this topic with a straight face and take it serious - let me know - until then - rot in hell.

Thanks u

I'm sorry boss. You feel me? (Try some pineapple and Spam in the pork broth Ramen.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NJduA-gXkhg?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 11-11-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13210691)
I'm sorry boss. You feel me? (Try some pineapple and Spam in the pork broth Ramen.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NJduA-gXkhg?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thankk yous

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-11-2017 12:34 AM

Pan-fried SPAM is absolutely delicious, and would probably go quite well with pork or chicken Ramen.

Simply Red 11-11-2017 12:45 AM

Nissin Beef is the one I prefer.

DaNewGuy 11-11-2017 12:58 AM

Dude I lived off Ramen for the longest time. Still eat it here and there. Get a pack of chicken ramen, doctor that bitch up. Good stuff. **** cup noodles though, those are poser ramen

DaNewGuy 11-11-2017 01:00 AM

Always gotta have a full clip of hot sauce ready to go. Hot sauce and ramen were made for each other

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-11-2017 01:08 AM

I'm glad that macaroni was my cheapass food coming up; I can really enjoy items like Ramen and SPAM.
If you haven't ever tried pan-fried skillet SPAM, you have NO IDEA what you are missing. Put that shit on a warm tortilla with cheese blend, lettuce, and tomato, combined with your favorite creamy salad dressing.

That shit is UN-****ING-REAL good.

In fact, I'm putting that on my grocery list right now!

Simply Red 11-11-2017 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 13210722)
Always gotta have a full clip of hot sauce ready to go. Hot sauce and ramen were made for each other

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13210727)
I'm glad that macaroni was my cheapass food coming up; I can really enjoy items like Ramen and SPAM.
If you haven't ever tried pan-fried skillet SPAM, you have NO IDEA what you are missing. Put that shit on a warm tortilla with cheese blend, lettuce, and tomato, combined with your favorite creamy salad dressing.

Thanks

DaNewGuy 11-11-2017 01:11 AM

Spam rules that was a staple in my household growing up. Good call on the pan fry spam, my mom used to fry up some spam and eggs, good stuff

big nasty kcnut 11-11-2017 01:19 AM

Ramen noodles with broccoli or mixed veggies are my go to.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-11-2017 01:37 AM

Proper Ramen noodles have a great taste that is excellent for combining with other, more substantial foods.

Truly one of the better food inventions.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-11-2017 01:54 AM

I want to talk about SR and CP for a bit before I say goodnight.

I met SR in 2010 during the CP Bash at Nzoners. Clay had ridden up with SR from Texas I believe, and Clay was a little nervous about meeting some of the people from the site in that they might actually want to hurt him, but Nzoners place is sacred ground where none of that type of shit is allowed, so that everyone can have a good time.
SR was a perfect southern gentleman who was avoiding alcohol at the time while I was absolutely committed to shoving as much of it down my gullet as humanly possible. I had driven up to St. Joe with Flop and we had a bit of an adventure along the way, as GPS systems were not quite "all that" just yet. Upon arriving at Nzoners, we were greeted by OTWarpath who immediately nicknamed Flop "Rand McNally" for his awesome navigation skills. LMAO
Clay and SR arrived a short while later and we all had a lovely evening talking shit, drinking profusely( except SR of course ), tossing the rock(Pablo has an arm), and beating the shit out of ping-pong balls. Also, Dartgod burned his AIDS-ridden Larry Johnson jersey in the bonfire that evening while Clay wept inwardly( ;) ).
A great time was had by all and SR was then, and still is now, a perfect Southern Gentleman with an adoring mother who cooks one FANTASTIC looking steak.

Cheers to you, SR; you'll always be my favorite cracker.

Simply Red 11-11-2017 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13210747)

I met SR in 2010 during the CP Bash at Nzoners. Clay had ridden up with SR from Texas I believe, and Clay was a little nervous about meeting some of the people from the site in that they might actually want to hurt him, but Nzoners place is sacred ground where none of that type of shit is allowed, so that everyone can have a good time.
SR was a perfect southern gentleman who was avoiding alcohol at the time while I was absolutely committed to shoving as much of it down my gullet as humanly possible. I had driven up to St. Joe with Flop and we had a bit of an adventure along the way, as GPS systems were not quite "all that" just yet. Upon arriving at Nzoners, we were greeted by OTWarpath who immediately nicknamed Flop "Rand McNally" for his awesome navigation skills. LMAO
Clay and SR arrived a short while later and we all had a lovely evening talking shit, drinking profusely( except SR of course ), tossing the rock(Pablo has an arm), and beating the shit out of ping-pong balls. Also, Dartgod burned his AIDS-ridden Larry Johnson jersey in the bonfire that evening while Clay wept inwardly( ;) ).
A great time was had by all and SR was then, and still is now, a perfect Southern Gentleman with an adoring mother who cooks one FANTASTIC looking steak.

That's very sweet of you to say, cheers.

eDave 11-11-2017 02:15 AM

I have never tasted Ramen Noodles. Nothing against them or those who indulge. Just never been there.

For Spam, there's a joint on PCH in Manhattan Beach, CA (or there abouts) that serves breakfast. All Spam. Spam omelets, spam whatever. Polynesian joint.

eDave 11-11-2017 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13210747)

Nice man.

19now11 11-11-2017 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13210727)

why not throw a jar of mayo on there too you fat pos. go **** yourself, **** mohomes too. you heard?4321

DaNewGuy 11-11-2017 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19now11 (Post 13210755)
why not throw a jar of mayo on there too you fat pos. go **** yourself, **** mohomes too. you heard?4321

Go fist yourself pussy

ClevelandBronco 11-11-2017 04:07 AM

On the contrary, ramen gets far more attention than it reasonably should warrant.

Msmith 11-11-2017 05:15 AM

The appeals of Ramen are the speed and the varieties of the seasoning packages. I used to buy the Demae Itcho brand that sells for $15.00 a box of 30 packs in Chinatown.

I watched a video one time showing that Ramen noodles staying in the stomach couple hours before fully digested. My wife is steadfast for not allowing me to eat it anymore. Now I boiled angel hair and its texture is better than the noodles. I put my own seasoning, and different kinds of soy sauce to flavor it up. Mix the noodles with pork, chicken, beef, or seafood and the meal is edible while watching the games.

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2017 07:45 AM

Craziest shit I've ever done. Cook it, mix it with egg and chill, throw it on the skillet to make 2 patties. Make a burger. Top it with egg and Sriracha ketchup.

dmahurin 11-11-2017 08:19 AM

make this

2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons ground ginger
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
salt, to taste

It is your own ramen seasoning. Add it to the noodles instead of the seasoning packet. Slice chicken breast really thin and add it to the noodles with some chopped carrots, peas, mushrooms, and green onions. Crack an egg in the water right when it gets done boiling and let it cook right on top of the noodles and water.

You can use beef or pork but I like chicken the best.

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2017 08:33 AM

Nope.

KCUnited 11-11-2017 08:34 AM

This is the last bowl of store bought ramen noodles that I had, 4/14/2017 to be exact. It had a nice bit of heat, but an off putting sweetness that I didn't care for.

As for technique, I typically go less water to keep the blast radius to a minimum.

https://i.imgur.com/i2UIVuS.jpg?1

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2017 08:36 AM

My wife loves the stuff. She cooks it in the water without the seasoning packet. Once it's cooked, she drains all but maybe a tablespoon of water, then adds the packet. It's at least palatable that way.

NewChief 11-11-2017 08:37 AM

Ramen is so weird. It would be like if the only pizza most people in America ate was frozen Totino’s and we just remained ignorant of real pizza.

That’s changed a lot in recent years with the proliferation of “real” ramen restaurants, but when most people think Ramen they’re thinking about instant Ramen they are when broke. Imagine if when most people heard pizza, they thought of Totinos.

The real discussion: Ramen vs. Pho?

threebag 11-11-2017 08:39 AM

If I have left over mixed veggies I will throw them in. Rarely eat them. My aunt makes this "Oriental Pasta Salad" with ramen noodles and it's legit

ptlyon 11-11-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Cross thread humor? 🤔

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13210821)
If I have left over mixed veggies I will throw them in. Rarely eat them. My aunt makes this "Oriental Pasta Salad" with ramen noodles and it's legit

My wife makes a ramen salad like that. I've banned it from the house when I'm not traveling. The smell of that shit she makes literally makes me nauseous.

Bwana 11-11-2017 09:09 AM

Yeah back when I was 19, doing the roommate thing and didn't have two nickels to rub together, I would eat some of that. I haven't had any for several years but it was a cheap gut bomb in a pinch.

https://i.imgflip.com/uya9r.jpg

scho63 11-11-2017 09:09 AM

I stopped eating Ramen noodles when I got my first real job in 1981......

Rasputin 11-11-2017 09:11 AM

Maruchan. Yakisoba. Teriyaki beef flavor.

ROYC75 11-11-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13210793)
Craziest shit I've ever done. Cook it, mix it with egg and chill, throw it on the skillet to make 2 patties. Make a burger. Top it with egg and Sriracha ketchup.

Sir, has anybody accused you of being weird ?

BTW, That is a serious question too with that shit listed above!

I mean, that sounds like colon blow or something to that nature.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-11-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

How in the blue **** is this Alexsexual turd whacker not banned yet?

jspchief 11-11-2017 10:42 AM

These are my favorite. About .75 each and they go great with any leftovers. Fill bowl to the line and microwave for 3 minutes. Throw away vthe dehydrated veggie packet, use the seasoning packet. Add about a 1/2 cup of anything. Taco meat, chili, stir fry, grilled chicken etc. Quick, easy, cheap lunch. Not good for you, high in sodium.

If I do the noodle packets, I strain off most of the water and just mix the seasoning into the noodles, so it's not really a soup.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fc4adbc6b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TinyEvel 11-11-2017 10:42 AM

Maybe a few time a year I'll buy Cup O Noodles. I drain the liquid out and put it in a shallow bowl and eat it like spaghetti.

PROTIP: Go to Sama Zama in Westport for noodles in KC.

Buns 11-11-2017 11:09 AM

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/323...0&odnBg=FFFFFF

This right here is the gold standard. $1 a bowl at Walgreens.

Delano 11-11-2017 11:39 AM

Yeah I like college budget pho.

Some ramen (whichever brand is cheapest - 10 for a buck at the dollar store)
Steak-ums dropped in there
Some cilantro from the cheap wilted section of the grocer
Dried vegetables
Taco Bell hot sauce packets

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2017 11:57 AM

-- Extremely overdue topic - Ramen Noodles - brands, technique etc...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 13210995)
Yeah I like college budget pho.

Some ramen (whichever brand is cheapest - 10 for a buck at the dollar store)

Steak-ums dropped in there

Some cilantro from the cheap wilted section of the grocer

Dried vegetables

Taco Bell hot sauce packets

That's fake pho, and the add ins will cost you $5. So it's a fee of five for faux pho.

ClevelandBronco 11-11-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13211017)
That's fake pho, and the add ins will cost you $5. So it's a fee of five for faux pho.

I'd try fum.

Simply Red 11-11-2017 12:04 PM

Thank you

FlaChief58 11-11-2017 12:07 PM

I'm not poor anymore so I don't have to eat that shit. I literally lived on them for about 2 years after my divorce ( couldn't beat $1 per 10 pack) and can't stomach them now

WhawhaWhat 11-11-2017 12:09 PM

This was a staple of my college and just after college years:

Cook 1 package of ramen noodles, drain the most of the water and then add the spice packet. Add 1 can of tuna. Sprinkle on grated parmesan cheese and add sriracha. Sometimes I would add 1 egg too.

Poor/drunk people food.

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2017 12:13 PM

I never liked ramen, even in college. My cheap eats college meal was fried egg sandwiches. I could buy a dozen eggs and a cheap loaf of bread for $2 and have 6 meals.

Priest31kc 11-11-2017 12:29 PM

Maruchan >>>>>>> Nissin

DaFace 11-11-2017 12:57 PM

Beef ramen with an egg (scrambled and poured in to cook while boiling) is weird, but good. You can throw on some sriracha sauce at the end if you're feeling crazy.

Pablo 11-11-2017 02:58 PM

I don't really eat the stuff. My wife likes it and will typically buy the chicken. If I make some, I drain most of the liquid and add sriracha and soy sauce. It's not too bad.

Easy 6 11-11-2017 05:03 PM

Hot tip for the day - once you get the little brick of noodles pulled apart in the water, remove from heat immediately... nothing worse than a bowl of mushy noodles

eDave 11-11-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13211425)
Hot tip for the day - once you get the little brick of noodles pulled apart in the water, remove from heat immediately... nothing worse than a bowl of mushy noodles

Al dente FTMFW.

19now11 11-11-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13210916)
How in the blue **** is this Alexsexual turd whacker not banned yet?

insults are only funny when anti alex posters post them? got it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-11-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19now11 (Post 13211667)
insults are only funny when anti alex posters post them? got it.

None of your posts are funny, you dropped another Smith turd-bomb in a thread about Ramen ****ing noodles for Christs' sake, and you have the temerity to ask such a stupid ****ing question?

Are you related to Threetard, or do you just help him suck dicks at the truck stop?

Mennonite 11-11-2017 09:43 PM

I had some Creamy Chicken ramen noodles tonight. They went well with some of those 10 for a buck fifty chicken nuggets from Burger King. I refried the nuggets to make 'em extra crispy.

Buzz 11-11-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13210664)
Buzz is your man

Your love affair with me is kinda creepy.

Demonpenz 11-11-2017 11:48 PM

I remember boiling Raman for the first time. Life changwr

SPchief 11-12-2017 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13211047)
I never liked ramen, even in college. My cheap eats college meal was fried egg sandwiches. I could buy a dozen eggs and a cheap loaf of bread for $2 and have 6 meals.

Ding ding ding.

Egg and cheese sandwich with miracle whip

milkman 11-12-2017 08:08 AM

Never had Ramen noodles until I met my wife.

She marinates boneless skinless chicken breasts in a salsa and seasoning recipe that she came up with, cooks the noodles and adds celery and carrots (used to add peas, but I can't stand peas), then adds curry and the chicken.

Really good soup.

As for spam, my poor ass grew up on that.

Can not stand that shit.

Blindside58 11-12-2017 09:52 AM

Cook 2 minutes...drop in 2 eggs and sir...and then add cilantro and scallions...youre welcome

Simply Red 11-12-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blindside58 (Post 13212142)
Cook 2 minutes...drop in 2 eggs and sir...and then add cilantro and scallions...youre welcome

Thanks you

Pasta Little Brioni 11-12-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 13211888)
Your love affair with me is kinda creepy.

Don't blame me. Not my fault that you are king of poverty CP meals.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-12-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13210650)
**** YOU!

You dick!!!

Simply Red 11-12-2017 11:39 AM

We may need a Hungry Man thread

Simply Red 11-12-2017 11:40 AM

Really may need to be manufacturer agnostic - maybe something like - "Let's Delve into some of your favorite TV Dinners"

Pasta Little Brioni 11-12-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13212381)
We may need a Hungry Man thread

Yeeeeeeees!!! :clap:

Simply Red 11-12-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13212391)
Yeeeeeeees!!! :clap:

I will - you have to space out the food threads about a week apart - otherwise they risk becoming failing threads and not achieving 100 replies.

cooper barrett 11-12-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 13211944)
Ding ding ding.

Egg and cheese sandwich with miracle whip

Baloney and Velveeta

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/40/64/e8/4...a-velveeta.jpg

Rausch 11-12-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13212445)

The idea that you'd sell shit-meat and corn-oil-cheese as a viable option makes me want to take Kloster's cock and smack you about the head and face...

cooper barrett 11-12-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13212452)
The idea that you'd sell shit-meat and corn-oil-cheese as a viable option makes me want to take Kloster's cock and smack you about the head and face...

I didn't say it was the good shit

Easy 6 11-12-2017 12:23 PM

Hey now, its hard to top a baloney sammich once in a while... especially if you fry it up a little bit

Simply Red 11-12-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13212452)

this is the ramen thread - it's perfectly fine to discuss things like artificial food that we like - MSG and the likes.

19now11 11-12-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 13212043)
Never had Ramen noodles until I met my wife.

She marinates boneless skinless chicken breasts in a salsa and seasoning recipe that she came up with, cooks the noodles and adds celery and carrots (used to add peas, but I can't stand peas), then adds curry and the chicken.

Really good soup.

As for spam, my poor ass grew up on that.

Can not stand that shit.

i love salt but spam is even to salty for me. kind of like sweet daddy hate. enjoy your last winning season mahomafobe.