ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ‘Chiefs are a regression candidate in 2018,’ says Washington Post writer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313201)

KChiefs1 01-12-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13356452)
****ing east-cost media elite. Dude is ignorant about our salary cap situation. ROFL

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...#storylink=cpy

Kevin Keitzman agrees.

Mecca 01-12-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13356584)
Steelers seem to be on some pretty dangerous ground offensively. Ben has openly flirted with retirement, if they tag Bell again he's threatened to sit out or retire (LMAO), Brown is a crybaby when things don't go his way, and Bryant was just requesting a trade not too long ago.

Their big 3 certainly has some serious attention whoring issues.

JoeyChuckles 01-12-2018 03:39 PM

Of course we are a candidate for regression. I'm not sure how anyone thinks we could do the same or better next year compared to this year.

I would expect 7-9 next year with a totally new QB and all the new coaches. Anything above that is just a bonus. If they don't start consistently making the playoffs in year 2, and improving every year after, that's when I'll have a problem.

Sassy Squatch 01-12-2018 03:42 PM

Could go the other way and Mahomes just rips the ass out of the league like Watson was before his injury.

Ragged Robin 01-12-2018 03:43 PM

the SB window with the core group of players that have been on the roster for the last half decade is closed and there will be major roster turnover, no shit the team is likely to regress

Mecca 01-12-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13356624)
Could go the other way and Mahomes just rips the ass out of the league like Watson was before his injury.

Unfortunately we don't have DeAndre Hopkins, a lot of those TD's were literally him throwing 50/50 balls, it wasn't like they were perfect throws or anything.

Sassy Squatch 01-12-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13356632)
Unfortunately we don't have DeAndre Hopkins, a lot of those TD's were literally him throwing 50/50 balls, it wasn't like they were perfect throws or anything.

We have Kelce. He can go up and get balls pretty well.

O.city 01-12-2018 03:47 PM

They've got an offense full of legitimate skill players, a good offensive line, a defense that should be healthy and a full offseason of draft picks and free agency.

Plus they have a great coach.

I'm not overly worried. Hell, I'm probably gonna pick up season tickets for the first time.

Mecca 01-12-2018 03:50 PM

The problem I see isn't that there are a ton of holes, I don't think there are. It's that the holes that are there, are not easy ones to fix.

Sassy Squatch 01-12-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13356650)
The problem I see isn't that there are a ton of holes, I don't think there are. It's that the holes that are there, are not easy ones to fix.

Agreed. NT, OLB, and CB at the very least. Add DE and S if Bailey and Parker are kicked to the curb like I think they should be.

O.city 01-12-2018 03:54 PM

You're also never going to fill every hole unless you start hitting on alot more late round picks and such.

Look at Minny. They're WR's are late ass round picks and are legit.

The Chiefs also need the stars on D to play like it and or be put in said positions to make plays.

Mecca 01-12-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13356660)
You're also never going to fill every hole unless you start hitting on alot more late round picks and such.

Look at Minny. They're WR's are late ass round picks and are legit.

The Chiefs also need the stars on D to play like it and or be put in said positions to make plays.

In all reality this team has hit on a pretty good percentage of later picks, the issue is Ford hasn't delivered that's probably the worst draft pick they've had. Also this team has drafted a lot of DB's and Peters is really the only one that worked out well.

It's time for a new voice calling the defense and it sounds shitty and i know people won't like it but getting an OLB that's better than Ford this year is probably not doable.

O.city 01-12-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13356668)
In all reality this team has hit on a pretty good percentage of later picks, the issue is Ford hasn't delivered that's probably the worst draft pick they've had. Also this team has drafted a lot of DB's and Peters is really the only one that worked out well.

It's time for a new voice calling the defense and it sounds shitty and i know people won't like it but getting an OLB that's better than Ford this year is probably not doable.

Really, if he could stay healthy, he's not bad. He's not what you'd like him to develop into but he's a hell of alot better than what they've trotted out.

They can find some guys that can develop faster and be better than ZOmbo I'd think.

Sassy Squatch 01-12-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13356668)

Ford will cost a **** hair under 9 mil this year. I'd let him test the market and see if we can't get him cheaper.

O.city 01-12-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13356680)
Ford will cost a **** hair under 9 mil this year. I'd let him test the market and see if we can't get him cheaper.

They've got the 5th year tag on him though, if they pull it he's probably gone. I'd keep him on it if they can financially, get a year of him playing for a big contract and let him walk.

They need to upgrade the spot either way IMO.