ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LNBS: The case for Bob Sutton (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313189)

Titty Meat 01-12-2018 01:28 AM

LNBS: The case for Bob Sutton

2017: 15th ppg
2016: 7th ppg.
2015: 3ppg
2014: 2nd pg
2013: 5th ppg

I know we all have our pitch forks out. The Titans did not punt the 2nd half of the game. The first half we kicked ass until..... Chris Jones went out.

The defense sucked ass most of the year until December when Jones finally put it together. We missed Berry immensely. I get it coaches are paid to coach the guys they have. Without Jones and Nunes-Roaches in the playoffs we suffered immensely.

I still think Bob can get the job done. We need 1 more CB and a denfensive lineman.

Flame away.

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2018 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13355656)
2017: 15th ppg
2016: 7th ppg.
2015: 3ppg
2014: 2nd pg
2013: 5th ppg

I know we all have our pitch forks out. The Titans did not punt the 2nd half of the game. The first half we kicked ass until..... Chris Jones went out.

The defense sucked ass most of the year until December when Jones finally put it together. We missed Berry immensely. I get it coaches are paid to coach the guys they have. Without Jones and Nunes-Roaches in the playoffs we suffered immensely.

I still think Bob can get the job done. We need 1 more CB and a denfensive lineman.

Flame away.

I think our defense was excellent from 2014-2016. He's being scapegoated.

But 2017, he looked lost. I think our Defense was schemed and he couldn't adjust out of it.

Unlike others, I think he did well in KC. But it's time to move on from him. Reid has a lot of familiarity with Double A gap blitz and it seems to be a hot defense right now, so I'm good with that direction.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-12-2018 01:47 AM

Like Bob said in the RR... Star lotulelei hits free agency. He's also mormon so Reid approves.

Titty Meat 01-12-2018 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13355662)
Like Bob said in the RR... Star lotulelei hits free agency. He's also mormon so Reid approves.

Star will get Suh money no?

Titty Meat 01-12-2018 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13355661)

But 2017, he looked lost. I think our Defense was schemed and he couldn't adjust out of it.

Unlike others, I think he did well in KC. But it's time to move on from him. Reid has a lot of familiarity with Double A gap blitz and it seems to be a hot defense right now, so I'm good with that direction.

Interesting take but wouldn't be moving on for the sake of moving on? With no Berry, Murray looked pretty lost at times. We didn't have a #2 CB until Revis got here and then we played much better.

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2018 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13355664)
Interesting take but wouldn't be moving on for the sake of moving on? With no Berry, Murray looked pretty lost at times. We didn't have a #2 CB until Revis got here and then we played much better.

We could do a lot worse. Bur I feel like we get picked apart by slants and the dpi/opi rules put us at a huge disadvantage. We're a disaster on 3rd downs. We used to blitz 1/3 of the time but somewhere Sutton decided to keep with constant 3 man rush. Berry helps. Adding talent helps, but it just seems this year our scheme has limitations. The Ryan defense seems less hot. The hotter defense seems to be 4-3 that mixes up pressure packages, most that seem to use the double A gap blitz. Since that's the defense reid started with, the idea is really intriguing. We can run that out of a 3-4, but if there was ever a thought to move to a 4-3 base, we are also in a cap position to do that too. If 2 possible hires are spagnuolo or Adam Zimmer, both would be upgrades

Sassy Squatch 01-12-2018 02:40 AM

Counter argument: 2 of the 4 worst collapses in playoff history are at least partially attributed to Bob Sutton. Do not pass go, do not collect a playoff win, straight to the choking booth with you.

bevischief 01-12-2018 02:41 AM

He has pics of the Hunts in Drag...

TambaBerry 01-12-2018 02:58 AM

No, just no **** Bob Sutton. The dude can't make adjustments. We get gashed on the left where zombo is. What do we do leave two down lineman and even worse then that he has them line up on Justin Houston side.

Danguardace 01-12-2018 03:24 AM

I feel confident that if the resources from cutting Hali and DJ, possibly getting rid of Logan and Ford can be used wisely in FA Sutton will be fine.

Iconic 01-12-2018 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13355661)

This. I think he had a lot planned and it all went to waste with Berry. This is not an excuse for his inability to adjust his scheme when guys go down. But for the past 4 years now he's fielded a pretty ****ing decent defense and I think it's stupid to start claiming that he's an awful DC now.

I think he's at or above league average. You could do a lot worse. Regardless I'm not going to cry if he's here next year but I also won't shed a tear if he isn't.

kjwood75nro 01-12-2018 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13355670)
Counter argument: 2 of the 4 worst collapses in playoff history are at least partially attributed to Bob Sutton. Do not pass go, do not collect a playoff win, straight to the choking booth with you.

Agreed.

All this Sutton talk should've been resolved mere seconds after that Colts game.

His fault or not, an example had to be made, but it wasn't.

Joshua. Graham.

Hoover 01-12-2018 04:15 AM

Sutton is not Greg Robinson, but he is becoming equally frustrating.

I agree, those two massive playoff losses are all I need to see. Thanks Bob, but see ya.

Additionally, every loss seems the same to me. You see it coming a million miles away. For the longest time we blamed the offense for kicking too many FGs, but we have a defense that can't get a stop when it actually matters.

threebag 01-12-2018 05:01 AM

Maybe Marcus will stick him during the offseason

Sassy Squatch 01-12-2018 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13355706)
Maybe Marcus will stick him during the offseason

That's another thing. Marcus Peters had to go completely off the rails before anything was done to discipline him. There's a serious lack of accountability on that side of the ball. The tackling has gotten worse and worse each year, the young players are at best stagnating, and a couple have regressed, the older players who Sutton relied on are aging, and nothing is really being done about it.