ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9268732)
Haven't you heard? We should forfeit every season until Manning retires. He's unstoppable.

ROFL

ncCHIEFfan 01-02-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9268658)
You are correct. They are better than their record.

Come on Man! Guess it's not worth an argument. We will know in a couple of weeks

Ace Gunner 01-02-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9268724)
Manning never had a defense in Indy like he does in Denver. If he did, he would have multiple rings, not just one.

Blaming Manning is silly.

And without PM that defense isn't good, just barely servicable. You Put Matty C and Daboll on that and Denver gets the first pick even if the Chiefs forfeit every game this season.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-02-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9267317)
Reid is fat and jolly so he must be just like Romeo!

Ignore the 130 ****ing wins!

Not particularly enthused...

Rasputin 01-02-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9268707)
Are you serious?

I'm not pretending to know anything about Mike Lombardi other than I like his last name. Please tho inlighten me what would be wrong with him. He sounds like a smart guy from little I have heard from him on TV.

He doesn't seam to be a big ego kind of guy. I think he can be a GM most coaches can work with. I don't have a ****ing clue tho. So please why would he be a bad idea?

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9268718)
We took TWO AFC West championships from John Elway with STEVE ****ING BONO and ELVIS ****ING GRBAC at QB.

Your argument just isn't meaty enough. Sorry.

Thank you.

Hootie 01-02-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9268730)
So...Manning's defense threw that pick-6 to Tracy Porter??

that was a 'bounces' game...game was over until that fantastic call and execution of the onside kick

swung momentum and Indy's defense had no answer for Brees and it put too much pressure on Manning to score quick so Brees couldn't simply drive it right back down and settle for a FG and a Super Bowl

terrible throw, no doubt

but again...this isn't about Manning choke jobs in the playoffs...it's about the fact he always has a home game in the playoffs and that directly effects us and makes KC a less appealing destination for a HC

BigBeauford 01-02-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9268733)
Right?

This thread sucks again.

If it really starts to backslide, my hand will be forced to bring back in more amputee love triangles.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9268745)
I'm not pretending to know anything about Mike Lombardi other than I like his last name. Please tho inlighten me what would be wrong with him. He sounds like a smart guy from little I have heard from him on TV.

He doesn't seam to be a big ego kind of guy. I think he can be a GM most coaches can work with. I don't have a ****ing clue tho. So please why would he be a bad idea?

ROFL

Let's just say that there's a reason he's on TV and not doin the damn thing.

Hootie 01-02-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9268729)
Since when did this thread become a Denver/Manning cum guzzling fest???

well sure

my original points were:

1) we won't win this division while Peyton is in Denver

which leads to

2) that makes us a less appealing destination for a HC

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9268724)
Manning never had a defense in Indy like he does in Denver. If he did, he would have multiple rings, not just one.

Blaming Manning is silly.

Ironically, Indys D played very well during their SB run.

Remember how Peyton tried to give that wild card game to the Chiefs?

ncCHIEFfan 01-02-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268690)
they won 11 in a row by 7+ points

it's the NFL

what ridiculous arguments people concoct

it's the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and screaming la la la la

Not saying the Donks are not a good team. But they are far from the unbeatable, Manning led team you are claiming

Rasputin 01-02-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9268739)
Whoa. Do you know who Lombardi is buddies with?

No I don't I am neive to anything about him, I just threw his name up tho to stick to the wall as so many people do.

ptlyon 01-02-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9268752)
If it really starts to backslide, my hand will be forced to bring back in more amputee love triangles.

That was the highlight dude :clap:

htismaqe 01-02-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268738)
and you're talking about an era where defense ruled and Elway had a career QB rating of 79.9.

I'm sorry, you're just wrong. There is a reason why Peyton Manning and Tom Brady haven't lost their divisions for close to, if not over a decade. (not counting the 11 win Cassel year in NE)

This isn't the Marty era...this isn't 'defense wins' era...

that argument is totally flawed; just 100%

I don't know how to tell this to you guys...I love your faith and your ability to hold on. I know I can enjoy a new coach and a new (Geno) QB...I think it'll be great.

But I'm also going to be realistic and realize we have no shot at this division for at least 3 years.

NONE

IT WON'T HAPPEN

Unless you guys hire Tonya Harding to take out Peyton Manning. Then we'll talk.

Dude, at Manning's age, he could fall off the edge of the cliff TOMORROW. Nothing is a given.

And while Manning did dominate his division while with the Colts, they didn't win it EVERY year. In fact, they won the division 9 times in his 13 years. He lost the division one year to a KERRY COLLINS/VINCE ****ING YOUNG tandem. We get a franchise QB and it CAN be done.