ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Nick Bolton Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338119)

The Franchise 04-30-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15655627)
Chiefsplanet: “WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING WE CAN TO KEEP BEN NIEMANN OFF THE FIELD”

Veach drafts the best possible replacement available: “NO! NOT LIKE THAT!!”

I’m exaggerating a bit, but still.

This dude is going to take all of Niemann’s coverage snaps? Doubt it.

Chiefspants 04-30-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15655623)
The way I look at it is that the Orlando Brown jr acquisition and the Creed Humphrey selection made it so the Chiefs crushed the 2021 draft.

Those two guys alone are really more than I expected in one offseason. Add in Jarran Reed and Veach gets an A+++.

If Bolton and any other selection can make an impact in 2021 and beyond, even better.

If we roll out the Clark-Reed-Pennel-Jones line like some Chiefs writers are thinking...

Good luck, opposing OL’s!

TwistedChief 04-30-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15655606)
I know I’ll get flamed for this but it feels a bit like the Speaks pick. I trust Veach but I was very meh on this kid.

I’m not hating. But this was very “meh” to me. Like I wasn’t excited.

Hope I’m wrong obviously bc he apparently is smart as hell and can replace Hitch. Just my 2 cents

After the Speaks pick, Veach said the guy was so powerful he was never on the ground. And that was followed by the famous clip of Speaks waving at the camera from the ground.

It is nothing like that. Speaks looks liked slow motion in his highlight tape versus Bolton.

Mecca 04-30-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15655631)
If we roll out the Clark-Reed-Pennel-Jones line like some Chiefs writers are thinking...

Good luck, opposing OL’s!

I don't think Pennel is on the team anymore.

tredadda 04-30-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15655606)
I know I’ll get flamed for this but it feels a bit like the Speaks pick. I trust Veach but I was very meh on this kid.

I’m not hating. But this was very “meh” to me. Like I wasn’t excited.

Hope I’m wrong obviously bc he apparently is smart as hell and can replace Hitch. Just my 2 cents

Not even close. Speaks was overdrafted and we traded up for him which made it worse. This is a lower risk pick at a position we needed to upgrade

BigChiefFan 04-30-2021 08:35 PM

Watch his tape. This guy flies all over the field and has a nose for the ball. Bolton delivers the thump and is a sure tackler. Some had him rated in the top 20 players of this draft. Bolton is damn good football player and will help improve our defense.

Chiefspants 04-30-2021 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15655634)
I don't think Pennel is on the team anymore.

I’m assuming he’s brought back cheap in a down cap year. It may not happen, but that line is fun to think about.

Nonetheless, a line of Clark-Reed-Nnadi-Jones is still a wrecking ball of a line.

DaneMcCloud 04-30-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15655648)
I’m assuming he’s brought back cheap in a down cap year. It may not happen, but that line is fun to think about.

Yeah, it wouldn't be surprising to see him back on a one year deal.

And as we all know, Veach is just getting started this offseason because once the draft is over, he'll be scouring rosters for potential cuts and trades.

comochiefsfan 04-30-2021 08:39 PM

I will say this about Nick Bolton.

As a Mizzou fan, he was one of the only elite players on our defense the last couple years.

Despite heavy focus being put on keeping him away from the play by opposing offenses, he was still highly productive each and every week.

He's a gamer, a highly cerebral, PHYSICAL player. He will make our defense better. I don't know if he will ever be an all pro, but I think he will if nothing else be a really solid player for us.

nychief 04-30-2021 08:41 PM

Melvin Ingram is still out there too.

Mama Hip Rockets 04-30-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15655047)
I celebrate Nick Bolton's entire catalogue!!!!

ROFL

UChieffyBugger 04-30-2021 08:43 PM

So many folks love to downplay the importance of good line-backers and it's naive imo. We saw first hand in the SB how they can impact the game and the best defenses always have guys in the middle who can fly around, cover and go side to side. Gay and Bolton will be the most athletic duo we've ever had in the middle of the field probably and Nick is said to be a good leader too. So I'm happy with this pick...he looks similar to Devin Bush to me.

Chris Meck 04-30-2021 08:48 PM

alright. Killer value. I'm into it.

wazu 04-30-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15655659)
I will say this about Nick Bolton.

As a Mizzou fan, he was one of the only elite players on our defense the last couple years.

Despite heavy focus being put on keeping him away from the play by opposing offenses, he was still highly productive each and every week.

He's a gamer, a highly cerebral, PHYSICAL player. He will make our defense better. I don't know if he will ever be an all pro, but I think he will if nothing else be a really solid player for us.

If we get that at end of the second then I’m happy.

eDave 04-30-2021 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 15655388)
Typical haters in here that wanted a receiver. We have 2 elite targets in HIll and Kelce and this new offensive line will make any #3 and #4 look good with Mahomes and the Defense not being able to drop 7-8 every down...

And CEH.