ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Nick Bolton Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338119)

Dante84 05-01-2021 07:14 AM

Well, I do love the attitude and I’ve always enjoyed hard hits. I hope when we look back he warrants the pick, even though my socks weren’t knocked off initially.

RunKC 05-01-2021 07:55 AM

His straight line speed is adequate. You want your backers to have 4.6 or lower speed. He’s good there.

It’s the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle that are worrisome. Does he have stiff hips? Because Ragland, Hitchens and Wilson all had better times.

And yes we say that doesn’t matter until we bitch about these missing tackles in the flat like Hitchens vs the Patriots a few years ago (dear God) bc of stiff hips.

I still trust this pick but it’s okay to have questions.

RunKC 05-01-2021 07:57 AM

Oh and this guy ****ing better put Neimann’s ass on the bench. We drafted 2 LB’s in the 2nd rd and paid Hitchens.

Zero reason that disaster should be out there unless it’s ST’s

Chris Meck 05-01-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15656409)
anyone think Bolton could simply take Niemann’s role this year?

He’s clearly really smart and more athletic, physical than Niemann. Why not? I think that’d be a great role for his rookie year if they don’t trust Gay to call the defense out of the dime.

man, you watch these highlights....

I don't see how he tested 'slow'.

It looks like he's moving at an entirely different speed than everyone around him, and a lot of that tape is against top flight talent.

Now maybe that's just superior football diagnosis on his part that allows him to 'play fast', but damn.

I see no reason why we see Niemann on anything but special teams other than injury.

oldman 05-01-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15656113)
I wonder if Veach can get anything for Allegretti and Wylie? I mean he did turn Parker Ehinger into Ward.

I don't think you let Allegretti go quite yet. There's a ton of beef sitting on the bench you try to fob off 1st.

tredadda 05-01-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15656318)
After reading up on him how did he last till 58? He seems like an awesome player and someone who can play all 3 downs

Apparently he is not running a 4.3 40 which makes him not a good player.

In58men 05-01-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15656700)

Do people not understand that you can train yourself to run faster?

MahomesMagic 05-01-2021 09:54 AM

Positives. Eventual cheap Hitchens replacement.

Negatives. Instincts.

smithandrew051 05-01-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15656700)

I remember hearing some analysis last year about the WRs. They tracked their actual speed on the field. Ruggs was the fastest player in college football by a lot.

I’d be curious to see this with Bolton as well.

notorious 05-01-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15656721)

Negatives. Instincts.

It looks to me that he flows to the ball well and hits good angles.

He smells out plays behind the LOS.

That's instincts.

R Clark 05-01-2021 09:58 AM

[QUOTE=In58men;15656706]Do people not understand that you can train yourself to run faster?[/QUO. Some players play faster with pads than others, I think that could be part of it.

MahomesMagic 05-01-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15656729)
It looks to me that he flows to the ball well and hits good angles.

He smells out plays behind the LOS.

That's instincts.

He's good in pursuit and when he can see it.

The best thing for him is to attack and Spags system depends less on reading than some others. But he is not ideal for instincts as a mike in the NFL.

He's not Devin Bush.

Easy 6 05-01-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 15655941)
Not sure who that is but I bet he’s taller and can cover better than Bolton

So you're really trying to shit on the #3 ranked ILB in this draft? The one who, as others have already said, was projected as a late first round pick by the majority of analysts?

You had best un**** yourself and get with the team

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KMEViYvojtY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chris Meck 05-01-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15656721)

Negatives. Instincts.

WHAT?

Where the hell did you hear that?

Every report is that he has excellent instincts. His tape shows that he diagnoses and blows up plays all over the field.

WRONG.

Meatloaf 05-01-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15656850)
WHAT?

Where the hell did you hear that?

Every report is that he has excellent instincts. His tape shows that he diagnoses and blows up plays all over the field.

WRONG.

Agree, CM. Every player analysis I've seen list "instincts" as a definite plus for Bolton. Heck, I'm a KU guy, and even I like the pick!