ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Raiders | Porter will play as the No. 4 wide receiver (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147135)

Chiefs Pantalones 09-08-2006 02:03 AM

Raiders | Porter will play as the No. 4 wide receiver

Raiders | Porter will play as the No. 4 wide receiver
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:49:14 -0700

Oakland Raiders WR Jerry Porter will be the team's No. 4 wide receiver for Week 1.

Geez, just trade the guy.

Ugly Duck 09-08-2006 02:36 AM

Can't...... nobody wants him & the cap hit is too much this season.

stumppy 09-08-2006 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck
Can't...... nobody wants him & the cap hit is too much this season.

Pretty much describes your whole team.ROFL

Eleazar 09-08-2006 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy
Pretty much describes your whole team.ROFL

ROFL

jspchief 09-08-2006 06:38 AM

So they trade away Gabriel, then demote their second best receiver to teach him a lesson.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face....

Of course, I've said all along that Porter is the most over-rated WR in the NFL. Every year we hear about finally this year the pieces are in place for him to show his talent, and every year he falls short.

KC-TBB 09-08-2006 06:49 AM

:fire: Show some respect, some have picked the Raiders to finish above the Chiefs this year... ROFL ROFL :jester:

Braincase 09-08-2006 06:50 AM

They'll soon be signing Johnnie Morton to fill the void.

KC-TBB 09-08-2006 07:06 AM

Where is Todd Marinovich when they need him?

Chris Meck 09-08-2006 09:03 AM

I don't think it's Porter. I think it's The Raiders' insistence on bringing in high profile big money receivers every year and not really addressing offensive line issues.

I'd take Porter in a heartbeat; he'd immediately be our second/maybe first best receiver.

Chieftain58 09-08-2006 09:06 AM

Al Davis is probably doing this to fluck with the dude. The same way he messed with Marcus Allen

RealSNR 09-08-2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck
I don't think it's Porter. I think it's The Raiders' insistence on bringing in high profile big money receivers every year and not really addressing offensive line issues.

I'd take Porter in a heartbeat; he'd immediately be our second/maybe first best receiver.

Just because Porter burns our secondary everytime he plays us does not mean he's a good receiver. If Samie Parker is as good as everyone is expecting him to be, I would take him over Porter

bringbackmarty 09-08-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR
Just because Porter burns our secondary everytime he plays us does not mean he's a good receiver. If Samie Parker is as good as everyone is expecting him to be, I would take him over Porter

Samie Parker is a pipsquek who drops too many passes and is afraid to go over the middle. He has proven Jack shit. Porter is a big physical reciever who runs hard after the catch, and he has been to a SB.

Porter, without even thinking about it. I would trade webb, Parker, and Dee Brown for Porter right now. Call Jeris Back or Sign Watts. We would be unstoppable on third and anything, Gonzo, Porter, Kennison, Johnson,
all on the field for 3rd down, you might as well just move the chains on third and anything less than 20.

Mr. Laz 09-08-2006 11:21 AM

Aaron Brooks is a disaster waiting to happen

Ugly Duck 09-08-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain58
Al Davis is probably doing this to fluck with the dude. The same way he messed with Marcus Allen

"The San Francisco Chronicle reports Oakland Raiders WR Jerry Porter is still acting out against the club in little ways. The disgruntled former starter parked his vehicle in owner Al Davis' personal parking space on Wednesday, the space that's closest to the front door of the team facility."

ChiefsCountry 09-08-2006 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty
Samie Parker is a pipsquek who drops too many passes and is afraid to go over the middle. He has proven Jack shit. Porter is a big physical reciever who runs hard after the catch, and he has been to a SB.

Porter, without even thinking about it. I would trade webb, Parker, and Dee Brown for Porter right now. Call Jeris Back or Sign Watts. We would be unstoppable on third and anything, Gonzo, Porter, Kennison, Johnson,
all on the field for 3rd down, you might as well just move the chains on third and anything less than 20.

Dude Parker is pretty tough for a small guy. I have seen him go over the middle quite abit.