ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Best draft scenario for the Chiefs (IMO). (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243887)

Frankie 04-12-2011 11:48 PM

Best draft scenario for the Chiefs (IMO).

In 2007 Cleveland Browns got back into the first round to get Brady Quinn in a trade with Dallas Cowboys. It went down like this:

Cleveland Browns: Acquire pick No. 22 (select QB Brady Quinn).
Dallas Cowboys: Acquire pick No. 36 and Browns' first-round pick in 2008.

I would love us to play Cowboys this year and trade out of the 1st and into early 2nd. I guess with the bitterness of the aforementioned trade for Cleveland other teams may be a little hesitant and offer a bit less than the Browns gave up in 07. Say they get our 22 and we get their 35ish plus a 3rd. Now we have no 1sts but 2 2nds and 2 3rds.

Perfect scenario to steal this guy in the early 2nd:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/32KAqii4lrk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I haven't thought out the rest of our draft yet and I may change the following, but for now with our 2nd 2 I would pick up Powe (NT) and with at least one of the 3rds I'd go O-line. Someone like Marcus Cannon (OT, TCU).

How do you like it so far. As this thread progresses I might make adjustment to the picks from 3rd round on. So give me your suggestions/rebttals, etc.

BTW, I'm thinking QB Stanzi in the 4th. Our new WR, I'm afraid will have to come from either the FA market or a late round surprise.

ChiefsCountry 04-13-2011 12:30 AM

The best scenario is screw some team into getting a first round pick next year and hopefully it would be Andrew Luck.

Bewbies 04-13-2011 12:53 AM

Perfect scenario would be to pull off what NE did in trading with the team that has the first pick next year--but instead of getting a 2nd we trade for their 1st.

RealSNR 04-13-2011 01:15 AM

I have Brooks Reed going in the first round to the Falcons

Frankie 04-13-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7559880)
The best scenario is screw some team into getting a first round pick next year and hopefully it would be Andrew Luck.

That would be more than sweet.

Frankie 04-13-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7559924)
I have Brooks Reed going in the first round to the Falcons

He is not projected to go until early 2nd on most draft mocks. But a trade down to later 1st could give us a sweet choice between him and Phil Taylor.

milkman 04-13-2011 08:30 PM

I can see that you put a lot of thought into tis.

Frankie 04-13-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7562844)
I can see that you put a lot of thought into tis.

No I said I really haven't. At least not for the rounds 4 on. But I think there might be QB seekers in the early 2nd who might want to jump ahead of the crowd to snatch Mallett or Ponder. Don't you think so?

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-16-2011 03:23 PM

I have us taking Stanzi in the 4th as well. I'd think Pioli would only trade into the 2nd if it was a high 2nd.

Chiefshrink 04-16-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 7570173)
I have us taking Stanzi in the 4th as well. I'd think Pioli would only trade into the 2nd if it was a high 2nd.

This:thumb:

Saccopoo 04-17-2011 02:13 AM

I'd be shocked if Reed wasn't a first round pick.

His 10 yard split was the best at the Combine for front seven guys, he pumped up 30 reps on the bench, and has shown that he is effective in dropping back in zone pass in the drills at the combine and his pro day as well as his Senior Day practices. Very fluid hips and feet. He's aggressive and plays nasty. He's as good and might be a better prospect as Clay Matthews was at the same point.

And, besides his Ryan Sims level Senior Bowl performance, Phil Taylor has shown exactly dick. There's five guys I'd take over Taylor for the nose spot at this point and all five will most likely be there from the third round on.

Frankie 04-17-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 7570173)
Pioli would only trade into the 2nd if it was a high 2nd.

That's what my scenario calls for.

Frankie 04-17-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 7571387)
I'd be shocked if Reed wasn't a first round pick.

Still we should try to trade down to late 1st and secure him there.

Question:

Does anybody here mind if we took Reed at 21?

KurtCobain 04-17-2011 08:53 AM

Ok, so maybe the Bills would want to trade up to get a QB if they didn't pick one? We slide back, take Hankerson and get their first next year. Then they bomb once again and get the Number 1 overall next year. Wouldn't that be nuts? Cassel takes a step back we get a pick #8-15 which is a great value pick, plus we draft Andrew Luck number one overall. With the team we already have, that'd be nuts.

However, if we're bad enough that we get the 8th pick, Bowe may want traded out(more picks) and Zorn might be our new HC.

Frankie 04-17-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7571575)
Ok, so maybe the Bills would want to trade up to get a QB if they didn't pick one? We slide back, take Hankerson and get their first next year. Then they bomb once again and get the Number 1 overall next year. Wouldn't that be nuts? Cassel takes a step back we get a pick #8-15 which is a great value pick, plus we draft Andrew Luck number one overall. With the team we already have, that'd be nuts.

However, if we're bad enough that we get the 8th pick, Bowe may want traded out(more picks) and Zorn might be our new HC.

1- I love the first paragraph with the exception of Reed for Hankerson.

2- I totally hate your second paragraph. Almost to the point of neg-repping you. ;)