ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Air Fryers? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313912)

Buehler445 02-13-2018 02:08 PM

Air Fryers?

Wife and I have been talking about getting one. Our oil fryer is being a **** so I think it is time.

What’s the planets thoughts on them? Any models that are good or not?

The Franchise 02-13-2018 02:11 PM

I've wanted to get one for a while.....just haven't picked one up.

Stinger 02-13-2018 02:11 PM

Cheap model

https://dianescookbooks.files.wordpr...rying-duck.jpg

Frosty 02-13-2018 02:13 PM

I use mine all the time but only for potatoes so far. It's fairly small so I don't think cooking meat would work very well.

JakeF 02-13-2018 02:18 PM

I've always wanted one but figured that the commericial were bullshit. They sound handy though.

srvy 02-13-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13415385)
I've always wanted one but figured that the commericial were bullshit. They sound handy though.

If you have kids its a must and even if you dont they are very handy. If for nothing other than not messing with all that oil.

TambaBerry 02-13-2018 02:27 PM

I love mine, I make bacon wrapped jalapenos all the time in it.

nicksdad 02-13-2018 02:39 PM

we use it for far more than potatoes. we marinate chicken or beef , cut it up into small chunks and use the air fryer . it works fine . ( that being said it is basically a small convection oven with a basket)

Joshuabmayer 02-13-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13415396)
If you have kids its a must and even if you dont they are very handy. If for nothing other than not messing with all that oil.

Hell I use mine mainly every day for my 5 and 2 year old. Great for chicken nuggets, french fries, bunch of stuff. My 5 year old even loads the air fryer and punches the time and temp in. great food. Well worth it.

JohnnyHammersticks 02-13-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 13415377)

Sharper Image?

Fire Me Boy! 02-13-2018 03:51 PM

I have the Philips XL. It's pretty big. Everything I read prior to purchase was get the biggest you could afford, and I agree with that after using mine.

It does some things really, really well. Anything frozen that was pre-fried - like frozen fries, chicken nuggets, etc. Those come out like 90-95 the quality of oil fried. It crisps everything up really well. It also reheats pizza like a beast.

What it does well - potatoes, roasted veggies, etc. I've made quite tasty traditional dredged fried chicken in mine. Again, not quite as good as deep or pan fried, but good. Less messy and allegedly better for you. It's a trade off for a little dip in taste. I've roasted salmon, as well. That turned out nice.

My only failure was frozen fried okra. That was just awful.

A couple things that are must - stop the cook and shake the basket every few minutes; and spritz the food with oil when it goes in. I also strongly recommend getting some parchment steamer inserts. Helps keep the food from sticking to the basket.

Fire Me Boy! 02-13-2018 03:52 PM

My fried chicken:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13370859)
Air fryer fried chicken and snow peas.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2056dc1f6a.jpg

SAUTO 02-13-2018 05:50 PM

I've got one sitting in a box in my office. Probably should take it home sometime lol

Randallflagg 02-13-2018 06:17 PM

The Wife and I have had one for a couple of years. Used it quite a bit in the beginning, but not so much these days.

I mean, it's really great for say, frozen fries or chicken strips, but honestly, we never used it for much else.

Do they work? Yep....but again, we never really got into the whole "air fryer" thing..

OnTheWarpath15 02-13-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13415555)
I have the Philips XL. It's pretty big. Everything I read prior to purchase was get the biggest you could afford, and I agree with that after using mine.

It does some things really, really well. Anything frozen that was pre-fried - like frozen fries, chicken nuggets, etc. Those come out like 90-95 the quality of oil fried. It crisps everything up really well. It also reheats pizza like a beast.

What it does well - potatoes, roasted veggies, etc. I've made quite tasty traditional dredged fried chicken in mine. Again, not quite as good as deep or pan fried, but good. Less messy and allegedly better for you. It's a trade off for a little dip in taste. I've roasted salmon, as well. That turned out nice.

My only failure was frozen fried okra. That was just awful.

A couple things that are must - stop the cook and shake the basket every few minutes; and spritz the food with oil when it goes in. I also strongly recommend getting some parchment steamer inserts. Helps keep the food from sticking to the basket.

Three bills? **** me.