ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Don't ticket scalp at Arrowhead. You'll get arrested!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99154)

Kylo Ren 09-20-2004 10:18 AM

Don't ticket scalp at Arrowhead. You'll get arrested!!

Don't come to Arrowhead and buy scalped tickets. The police are running undercover sting operations and cleaning out the scalpers. I talked to a police officer at Arrowhead this Sunday. He told me all of this. They will allow no more ticket sales on the property, not even for face value. I saw some scalpers in handcuffs outside the stadium. They are arresting the scalpers AND the scalpees. Be warned.

BTW -- He said they aren't worried about scalping on Ebay or at ticket brokers like ACE sports. He said they are only cracking down on scalping on Arrowhead property.

J Diddy 09-20-2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan
Don't come to Arrowhead and buy scalped tickets. The police are running undercover sting operations and cleaning out the scalpers. I talked to a police officer at Arrowhead this Sunday. He told me all of this. They will allow no more ticket sales on the property, not even for face value. I saw some scalpers in handcuffs outside the stadium. They are arresting the scalpers AND the scalpees. Be warned.

BTW -- He said they aren't worried about scalping on Ebay or at ticket brokers like ACE sports. He said they are only cracking down on scalping on Arrowhead property.

I had 3 guys trying to sell me tickets yesterday.

NewChief 09-20-2004 10:20 AM

This is bad news. That was generally the best way for our friends to get tickets. If your patient and willing to wait until the last minute, you could almost always get tickets for face just prior to kickoff.

BigRedChief 09-20-2004 10:23 AM

You can buy tickets at face value anywhere in Missouri. No law against that.

jjjayb 09-20-2004 10:32 AM

Arresting the people buying the tickets? Is there a law against buying tickets? :mad:

jspchief 09-20-2004 10:34 AM

If the "even for face value" part of this story is true, that's complete bullsh*t. What happens if my friend that has two season tickets has a last minute emergency, and asks me to sell them for him? All this will do is screw honest people out of their money, and keep fans out of the seats.

Now we'll have to try and buy them from some crook around the corner. Or pay exorbitant prices through e-bay. KC police have always patrolled for scalpers undercover, but in the past you only got in trouble for selling over "face". It actually made buying in the stadium lot the safest and most affordable method for non season ticket holders to get to a game.:mad::cuss::mad:

Talk about misdirected priorities...

gblowfish 09-20-2004 10:37 AM

The only one person allowed to scalp Chiefs fans in Missouri is King Carl!!

Skip Towne 09-20-2004 10:44 AM

And people wonder why I hate cops.

teedubya 09-20-2004 11:01 AM

suck asses.

Mr. Kotter 09-20-2004 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief

That's my understanding too; if you aren't askin' above face value, then I think it's okay.... :hmmm:

KCWolfman 09-20-2004 11:15 AM

It isn't scalping if you offer a product besides the tix.

I bought my playoff tix last year for 1.00 and then 125% of the value of the tix was spent on a Chiefs pennant.

There are ways around the system.

Mr. Kotter 09-20-2004 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman

I bought my playoff tix last year for 1.00 and then 125% of the value of the tix was spent on a Chiefs pennant.

:clap:

FloridaChief 09-20-2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman

Yep. I've seen people sell pencils on e-Bay for $100. And with that pencil, the winning bidder recieved a free game ticket.

There are multiple ways to de-fur a feline...

Kylo Ren 09-20-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy
I had 3 guys trying to sell me tickets yesterday.

The Mo. Hwy Patrol officer told me that they will continue to run undercover ops until they arrest or scare off all of the scalpers. There will probably be some scalpers there over the next few weeks. The problem is that you don't know if they are scalpers or undercover Cops.

Kylo Ren 09-20-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief

Right. But not on Arrowhead property. At least that's what the officer told me.