ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

milkman 10-18-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029741)
**** Landry Jones. I'll take Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith.

It's like it's a sin to question Geno on here. The guy looked like shit against the first good defense he played this year. Expecting a little more from him before crowing him is unacceptable huh?

Watching Geno Smith, I see a kid that has great feel for the game.

He doesn't throw lasers with every pass the way most strong armed college QBs do, but he has thrown lasers into tight windows when he has to.

His arm strength is underrated because he doesn't put it on display with most of his throws.

WV 10-18-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029758)
I think Geno has a good arm. He can make the throws. And he has accuracy which is awesome.

But I think it's a little premature to compare his arm strength to the QB with the best arm in the world.

I don't think anyone actually compared it directly to Rodgers, I was just defending your inaccurate analogy.

RunKC 10-18-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9029761)
More proof you don't watch the games. The majority of the WV team played like shit, Geno was not sharp compared to other games, but he hardly looked like shit.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD INT RAT
29 55 275 52.7 38 1 0 100.7

You cannot be a Chiefs fan if you think that stat line is looking like shit.

Don't like his 52.7 completion % (I think he is capable of way more than that).

I think Saturday will tell a lot about Geno. I want to see how he responds against another good defense.

BossChief 10-18-2012 09:41 PM

:facepalm:

take that stupid shit to the chiefscoalition.

milkman 10-18-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9029771)
I don't think anyone actually compared it directly to Rodgers, I was just defending your inaccurate analogy.

Actually I did compare it directly to Rodgers.

I said he has comparable arm strength.

That doesn't mean he has the same exact strength, but it is strong enough to draw the comparison.

WV 10-18-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029772)

I think Saturday will tell a lot about Geno. I want to see how he responds against another good defense.

He was a bit off and had more than a few complete overthrows, but there wasn't a single phase that was working for WV against Texas Tech.

He needs to start stepping up and taking the yardage the defense gives him. Obviously no one wants him to be a scrambler, but he had many opportunities to step up and run for a first down.

WV 10-18-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9029778)

That doesn't mean he has the same exact strength, but it is strong enough to draw the comparison.

Like you said...people underestimate his arm strength unless they watch an entire game.

RealSNR 10-18-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029772)

Nevermind that he's been a starting QB at the college level for two years prior to this one.

Nope. This is the ONLY year when games against good defenses count. :rolleyes:

Saccopoo 10-18-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Milk is correct.

And makes a very good observation: Geno has superb feel for the game and understands and applies the correct velocity to his passes for the situation.

The guy has made numerous 50 yard in the air throws this season to receivers right in stride. Smith does have a very, very good arm (I'd say superb arm because he applies the necessary speed on the ball damn near every time).

It's his understanding and application at the position that makes him so desirable in my eyes as an NFL level QB. His feel for the game is uncanny. He's a natural at the position.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-18-2012 09:48 PM

What a beatdown

RunKC 10-18-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9029769)
Watching Geno Smith, I see a kid that has great feel for the game.

He doesn't throw lasers with every pass the way most strong armed college QBs do, but he has thrown lasers into tight windows when he has to.

His arm strength is underrated because he doesn't put it on display with most of his throws.

I agree, but who has he played?

Right now I like Tyler Wilson the most. The kid showed a ton of potential last year against the best defenses. He even looked pretty good against the LSU, Bama and South Carolina defenses.

I know he looks awful now, but his coach is flat out terrible and his WR's are all in the NFL now.

I would love to have Geno on this team though. I think he has the ability to be a great QB. I really want to see him rebound this week though (I want him to throw at least 3 TD's in a loss because I want K-State to go to the ship).

And I don't get the Russell Wilson hate? Wilson was ****ing awesome his last year in college and completed 73% of his passes with 33 TD's to 14 INT's. He also has completed 63% of his passes with below average WR's in the NFL and beat Tom Brady last week, so forgive me if I don't hate him like some of you guys seem to.

Sorter 10-18-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Sadly, this will be the first time we disagree on a subject.

I think Rodgers has the most live arm in the NFL. > Cutler, Stafford, Vick, RGIII, etc. I don't think anybody is close, IMO.

TBS, I think that Geno has above average arm-strength due to his mechanics and footwork, similar to Tom Brady. Their releases are directly correlated to their arm-strength, IMO.

I'm probably wrong, but that is just what I see.

Sorter 10-18-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029791)
beat Tom Brady last week, so forgive me if I don't hate him like some of you guys seem to.

He beat NE's defense. Tom was not playing D.

milkman 10-18-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Right now I like Tyler Wilson the most. The kid showed a ton of potential last year against the best defenses. He even looked pretty good against the LSU, Bama and South Carolina defenses.

I know he looks awful now, but his coach is flat out terrible and his WR's are all in the NFL now.

I would love to have Geno on this team though. I think he has the ability to be a great QB. I really want to see him rebound this week though (I want him to throw at least 3 TD's in a loss because I want K-State to go to the ship).

And I don't get the Russell Wilson hate? Wilson was ****ing awesome his last year in college and completed 73% of his passes with 33 TD's to 14 INT's. He also has completed 63% of his passes with below average WR's in the NFL and beat Tom Brady last week, so forgive me if I don't hate him like some of you guys seem to.

I don't hate Russel Wilson.

I think that kid has huge upside, and will be a QB to be reckoned with in the years to come.

WV 10-18-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Doesn't have anything to do with hating Russel Wilson, this board is and was full of people that wanted Russel Wilson. Your comparison is what everyone hated.