ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

O.city 01-10-2013 09:26 PM

I wanna see RunKC answer Dj's argument.

He locks on and throws to his first read, yet he completes over 70 percent of his throws. So does that not mean the first read is usually open, or is he just that accurate?

RunKC 01-10-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9304350)
I wanna see RunKC answer Dj's argument.

He locks on and throws to his first read, yet he completes over 70 percent of his throws. So does that not mean the first read is usually open, or is he just that accurate?

Would love to take a stab at it, but I have no clue what DJ's argument was? What did he say?

RealSNR 01-10-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9304346)
Come to the Wilson side. He is the truth, the light and all that is good.

GTFO. Go masturbate somewhere else. Like the Tyler Wilson thread. That's a great place.

RunKC 01-10-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9304365)
GTFO. Go masturbate somewhere else. Like the Tyler Wilson thread. That's a great place.

Would love to hear your reaction to the Geno article and how he's not the master of passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage LMAO

HolyHat 01-10-2013 09:36 PM

Geno will clearly be the best QB after the combine. But Tyler Wilson is going to be a close 2nd. If Aaron Murray would have come out he'd be competing with Geno for the top pick.

O.city 01-10-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9304382)
Would love to hear your reaction to the Geno article and how he's not the master of passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage LMAO

Wilson didn't complete a pass over 8 yards in the first half against LSU this season. Locked onto wr's, got them killed on crossing routes and threw an awful pick.

So watch the 10 yards to the LOS stuff.

the Talking Can 01-10-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9304387)
Geno will clearly be the best QB after the combine. But Tyler Wilson is going to be a close 2nd. If Aaron Murray would have come out he'd be competing with Geno for the top pick.

ROFLROFL

aaron murray

jesus

RealSNR 01-10-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9304382)

Which article? The one Tomahawk posted?

What the **** are you talking about?

HolyHat 01-10-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9304404)
ROFLROFL

aaron murray

jesus

I live to prove people wrong, so I saved your reaction to Aaron Murray. I'll follow up in a year or 2. :thumb:

the Talking Can 01-10-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9304290)
Geno Smith: A Tale in Accuracy
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...le-in-accuracy

The overall results of the research seem promising. Initially, I defined 15 parts of the field. I had 5 levels of the defense separated by 3 sections. Through my evaluation, Geno was able to effectively attack each of these 15 parts. Not all equally, but he made the defense account for the whole field. Do the screens inflate his completion percentage? Yes, but those passes are hardly a given… cough*Matt Cassel to Eric Weddle*cough. The percentage of those he completes is beyond impressive by itself (88%). And those passes can travel around 20 yards in the air, at times. The only way those plays work are to get the ball there very quickly and very accurately, which Geno does nearly robotically.

I was a Geno Smith fan before I put this together, and this did nothing but confirm my thoughts on him. I have nothing to compare these numbers to, so I’m thinking about doing a similar evaluation on a couple of the other quarterback prospects. In the end, I hope people find this interesting and can find a way to use this information in their own evaluations. Go Chiefs.

almost as many 10-20 yard passes as nlos passes....so much for the theory he only throws screens

his accuracy in the 10-20 yard range is awesome, and as the article correctly notes, the actual yardage of these passes is greater than 'yards gained'...that ball has to be moving

and of course basically no ints....cat is bad ass

the Talking Can 01-10-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9304414)
I live to prove people wrong, so I saved your reaction to Aaron Murray. I'll follow up in a year or 2. :thumb:

has he cleaned his house yet? from when georgia fans egged it due to his sucking ass?

KCrockaholic 01-10-2013 10:05 PM

Damn Joel from Arrowhead pride beat me to it!

I was doing my own pass charting on Geno Smith, that was set up EXACTLY like this.

Good for him though. :clap:

Bewbies 01-10-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9304414)

Mark me down too. I'm a UGA fan and I was hoping he'd come out so he could suck for some NFL team.

He got a 2nd-3rd round grade by the NFL, that's why he stayed...

aturnis 01-10-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9304364)
Would love to take a stab at it, but I have no clue what DJ's argument was? What did he say?

No disrespect, but are you legally allowed to live by yourself?

DJ's argument is " He locks on and throws to his first read, yet he completes over 70 percent of his throws. So does that not mean the first read is usually open, or is he just that accurate?"

What say you? Completes 71% while "locking on" to his first read. What's the problem?

KCrockaholic 01-10-2013 10:12 PM

I'm not a Georgia fan, but I think Murray will end up being a pretty solid QB in the NFL. Maybe not top 10. But a top 15 guy. With that said, I wouldn't even think twice about taking Geno before him if he had declared for this draft.

What I want to figure out is why Geno's perception is so far off.

The casual fan ACTUALLY thinks Geno isn't worthy of being selected #1 overall because that's what they've been told by that dumbass Kiper.

MOST other draft publications have Geno rated between 12th overall and I've even seen 3 publications rate him #1 overall in this class.

The media scout is single handedly ruining the perception of Geno Smith.