ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Reaper16 10-13-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9009439)
That's impressive, but it's a different game now. People throw that stat around like he's going to be Dan Marino. Maybe he will be... but it's just a different game now. The game is much more wide open now and way more young QB's are starting.

I agree. It's clear just from watching NFL football that QB-friendly spread offense ideas are becoming more and more prevalent in the pros.

What it means is that the bust factor for QBs has been lessened. Depending on if your team's offensive coordinator is smart or not, it's arguably the least risky time in NFL history to draft a 1st round QB.

Tribal Warfare 10-13-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9009414)
Mark Sanchez did not ever have the potential to live up to that spot. Neither did Tannehill. In my opinion, of course.

I am not, however, saying "draft Tyson Jackson", either. That was always a crazy pick. And not in a good way.

Sanchez has/had the potential, but has his head up his ass so much he may never establish that potential.

keg in kc 10-13-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9009428)
Your opinion sucks. Both of those guys had unknown potential. Nobody knew how they would take to the NFL, but they were also the kind of players who, if they did well, would have people going, "Oh, yeah. That QB is really good now. Interesting." As in, nobody would have been simply astounded that they beat the odds and became good.

I would have been astounded had Sanchez beaten the odds (although I also say he still has time to...). The book is still out on Tannehill, and he may end up fine. But I didn't and still don't think either of them warranted the price paid.

Look, not everybody has to agree, that's the whole point of having discussions. You're okay with giving up the moon for the chance at an "also ran" prospect turning into a franchise player, and that's fine. I can respect that. But I'm not. If I'm giving up the moon, it's only going to be for an actual franchise calibre talent, someone like Luck or Griffin. Not plan C guys like we're discussing.

I think what it really comes down to is that you've been beaten into submission by the franchise to the point where you've ever given up on ever getting a real top guy, you're so desperate for a QB that you'd take whatever you can get. You can't draft Peyton Manning so you're trying to draft what amounts to Trent Green or Rich Gannon.

tk13 10-13-2012 11:36 PM

I don't even know how to explain Sanchez. I liked Stafford better but Sanchez shouldn't be that bad. I'm amazed it hasn't had more attention. The guy has literally had under 50% completions four straight games. That's historically bad.

Nightfyre 10-13-2012 11:46 PM

The way LT talks about sanchez on nfl network, its like he doesn't havd any faith in him, like sanchezdoesnt put in the work.

Tribal Warfare 10-14-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9009466)
The way LT talks about sanchez on nfl network, its like he doesn't havd any faith in him, like sanchezdoesnt put in the work.

Yep, he's too into the "Broadway Joe" type of lifestyle off the field and isn't honing his craft like he should.

Saccopoo 10-14-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9009449)
I would have been astounded had Sanchez beaten the odds (although I also say he still has time to...). The book is still out on Tannehill, and he may end up fine. But I didn't and still don't think either of them warranted the price paid.

Look, not everybody has to agree, that's the whole point of having discussions. You're okay with giving up the moon for the chance at an "also ran" prospect turning into a franchise player, and that's fine. I can respect that. But I'm not. If I'm giving up the moon, it's only going to be for an actual franchise calibre talent, someone like Luck or Griffin. Not plan C guys like we're discussing.

I think what it really comes down to is that you've been beaten into submission by the franchise to the point where you've ever given up on ever getting a real top guy, you're so desperate for a QB that you'd take whatever you can get. You can't draft Peyton Manning so you're trying to draft what amounts to Trent Green or Rich Gannon.

Geno Smith is not Trent Green or Rich Gannon.

They guy is one of the most accurate college passers ever. He's got an insanely quick release. He's got legit size. He's got a great (not good - great) arm. Fabulous pocket presence. ETC.

This is not beaten into submission just to take a QB. This is taking a guy who is a legitimate top five guy and a potential All-Pro sooner rather than later. He's better than Griffin at the same stage. Easily.

acesn8s 10-14-2012 01:17 AM

The Chiefs will draft Collin Klein

and make him a safety.

mcaj22 10-14-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9009439)
That's impressive, but it's a different game now. People throw that stat around like he's going to be Dan Marino. Maybe he will be... but it's just a different game now. The game is much more wide open now and way more young QB's are starting.

its impressive because hes

a) a rookie
b) was suppose to be green as grass/raw and everyone expected him to be Blaine Gabbert esque
c) HE PLAYS ON AN OFFENSE THAT HAS SOME OF THE CRAPPIEST TALENT IN THE NFL

Davone Bess, Brian Hartline, Anthony Fasano... lol that is a ****ing sad list of targets

oh and his OC is/was a dogshit failure in the NFL. And lucked into the job again

acesn8s 10-14-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9009548)

They guy is one of the most accurate college passers ever. He's got an insanely quick release. He's got legit size. He's got a great (not good - great) arm. Fabulous pocket presence. ETC.

This is not beaten into submission just to take a QB. This is taking a guy who is a legitimate top five guy and a potential All-Pro sooner rather than later. He's better than Griffin at the same stage. Easily.

And hasn't done shit against good defenses.

Saccopoo 10-14-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 9009560)
And hasn't done shit against good defenses.

Excellent.

Now, because of your superb analysis, you have convinced me that the Chiefs should pass on Smith if given the chance and pick Sam Montgomery to back up Houston and Hali.

I hope that the Chiefs fans treat you better than they did Scott Pioli, you new Mr. New GM of the Chiefs.

****ing ****tard.

BryanBusby 10-14-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9009449)

They didn't give up a bunch of picks or any to get him, nor did he get an outrageous contract. How exactly did Miami pay an overwhelming price when they obviously did not have a franchise QB?

The Dolphins would of paid a much bigger price if they settled with the mediocre Matt Moore instead of taking a shot.

acesn8s 10-14-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9009566)
They didn't give up a bunch of picks or any to get him, nor did he get an outrageous contract. How exactly did Miami pay an overwhelming price when they obviously did not have a franchise QB?

Think of the candy wrappers on the floor, man.

RunKC 10-14-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9009548)

Geno Smith wishes he could throw as accurate of a deep ball as RGIII.

BryanBusby 10-14-2012 02:16 AM

The ideology of drafting Quarterbacks by a lot of Chiefs fans is mind blowing.

"Well gosh we sure don't suck enough for a good QB"
"Boy howdy we suck, BUT THERE ISN'T A PEYTON MANNING IN THIS DRAFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

You guys are pessimistic mother****ers.