ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Transformers 4 will star Mark Wahlberg (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266384)

mr. tegu 06-29-2014 02:29 PM

Transformers 4 will star Mark Wahlberg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10722592)
Its the strangest thing. its a film series that no one truly loves.

At least with a Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Twilight, Hunger games, etc.....there is a continuing storyline and die hard fans that truly love them. Can anyone say the same about these films?

Its like people just go to them out of a sense of obligation to watch stuff blow up. The mind boggles....

Maybe they have good timing with the release dates. There is basically nothing new or recent worth seeing right now, nor has there been for a while, nor will there be soon as far as I know.

So people who haven't gone to the movies for a while are finally going back out because they know that at the very least they can be entertained by mindless action. They really aren't having to make choices right now.

Deberg_1990 06-29-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10722685)
Maybe they have good timing with the release dates. There is basically nothing new or recent worth seeing right now, nor has there been for a while, nor will there be soon as far as I know.

So people who haven't gone for a while are finally going back out because they know that at the very least they can be entertained by mindless action.

Yea, thats some of it for sure. It feels like this summers slate of movies has been overall weak.

Valiant 06-29-2014 03:18 PM

People love them because the adults and kids now grew up with transformers. People do not care about a plot for transformer movies, they want big ass robots battling.

ThaVirus 06-29-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10722685)

So people who haven't gone to the movies for a while are finally going back out because they know that at the very least they can be entertained by mindless action. They really aren't having to make choices right now.

Seriously? How to Train Your Dragon 2. 22 Jump Street. Apes will be out soon. I'm sure X Men and Godzilla are still playing in some larger theaters..

ThaVirus 06-29-2014 04:50 PM

Anyway, I just saw it. I thought it was great for what it was. There are tons of explosions, lens flares, forced comedy, and awkward cursing. If you were expecting something different, that's probably your problem..

Something I really liked about this one: the Autobots. In the previous three, I never liked any of them outside of Prime and Bumblebee. This time, they had the badass green one, the fat tank John Goodman, and my particular favorite, the samurai helicopter. That one had a really cool design.

... And the dinobots were ****ing awesome.

arrowheadnation 06-29-2014 05:28 PM

I hope they bring back Josh Duhamel for the next one so he can work with the Autobots again. It will help interconnect the first 3 films with the 4th one.

mr. tegu 06-29-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10723040)
Seriously? How to Train Your Dragon 2. 22 Jump Street. Apes will be out soon. I'm sure X Men and Godzilla are still playing in some larger theaters..

I think a large portion of the people who were going so see X-men and Godzilla did so a while back. The other two just don't get the people out as easily as any large budget action movie, especially one with familiar characters.

I haven't been since X-men until this movie and I bet a lot are the exact same way. There just isn't a lot of competition right now.

ThaVirus 06-29-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10723381)
I think a large portion of the people who were going so see X-men and Godzilla did so a while back. The other two just don't get the people out as easily as any large budget action movie, especially one with familiar characters.

I haven't been since X-men until this movie and I bet a lot are the exact same way. There just isn't a lot of competition right now.

You may be partially right, but movies don't make $100 mil because there was nothing else out that weekend.

Anyong Bluth 06-29-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10723388)
You may be partially right, but movies don't make $100 mil because there was nothing else out that weekend.

... and over $300 million globally.

ModSocks 06-30-2014 01:48 PM

You're going to go see a movie about space aliens that come to earth in the form of shape shifting robots.

And then you complain about the plot?

I've never understood that one.

GordonGekko 06-30-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10724133)
You're going to go see a movie about space aliens that come to earth in the form of shape shifting robots.

And then you complain about the plot?

I've never understood that one.

This is actually a really great point.

I think a lot of people are still upset over Skidz and Mudflap from TF2, and yeah that was kind of inexcusable, but overall you cannot go into these movies and expect a Dark Knight like experience.

ThaVirus 06-30-2014 02:41 PM

This movie made absolutely no sense on so many levels.

Probably my favorite one:
Spoiler!

lawrenceRaider 06-30-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10723043)
Anyway, I just saw it. I thought it was great for what it was. There are tons of explosions, lens flares, forced comedy, and awkward cursing. If you were expecting something different, that's probably your problem..

Something I really liked about this one: the Autobots. In the previous three, I never liked any of them outside of Prime and Bumblebee. This time, they had the badass green one, the fat tank John Goodman, and my particular favorite, the samurai helicopter. That one had a really cool design.

... And the dinobots were ****ing awesome.

I enjoyed it, saw it with my 4yr old and 8yr old. My 4 yr old can't be bothered to sit in the same spot for 30 minutes, let alone 2.5 hrs, and she didn't cause any fuss. Both kids absolutely loved it. I thought the worst part was Marky Mark, and the best part was Stanley Tucci who clearly was having far more fun in his role than should be legal.

Mav 07-01-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10722592)
Its the strangest thing. its a film series that no one truly loves.

At least with a Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Twilight, Hunger games, etc.....there is a continuing storyline and die hard fans that truly love them. Can anyone say the same about these films?

Its like people just go to them out of a sense of obligation to watch stuff blow up. The mind boggles....

I took a course in college about his. People just want to be entertained. They don't want to have to think to much.

that's why I can watch a movie like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and absolutely fall in love with the movie, but my wife will be out of her mind 10 minutes in.

MahiMike 07-01-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 10718067)
I am 100% on this.. Mark Wahlberg is much better than Shia.

Then this movie must really suck. Can't stand wahlberg and his baaaston attitude.