ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

BigCatDaddy 12-29-2013 12:32 AM

Anybody ever done a show? Muscle Mayhem in KC is in June. I'm thinking of doing it once just to get it off my bucket list and tell my grandkids about one day :D

lewdog 12-29-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10315531)
Anybody ever done a show? Muscle Mayhem in KC is in June. I'm thinking of doing it once just to get it off my bucket list and tell my grandkids about one day :D

Nope.

But I'll gladly be the errrrrrrrr.........oil man for you big boy.

/no homo

Buehler445 12-29-2013 12:45 PM

A week before Thanksgiving I quit drinking caffeine. The first of December I started a workout regimen. Since then my blood pressure has been going up.

I have no idea what is going on. I'm doing the things you're supposed to do to reduce blood pressure and it is going the wrong way.

Is it normal to increase blood pressure when you start a workout?

BigCatDaddy 12-29-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10315801)
A week before Thanksgiving I quit drinking caffeine. The first of December I started a workout regimen. Since then my blood pressure has been going up.

I have no idea what is going on. I'm doing the things you're supposed to do to reduce blood pressure and it is going the wrong way.

Are you taking the reading sitting down first thing in the morning every time you take it? There are a shit ton of variables that can effect a BP reading.

Buehler445 12-29-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10315944)
Are you taking the reading sitting down first thing in the morning every time you take it? There are a shit ton of variables that can effect a BP reading.

Sitting down before bed. I've been taking it every day and trying to get some readings at other times to see where it is during the day also to try to eliminate noise in the numbers. I'm going to head to the doctor soon, but I don't really want to be on BP medicine.

The other thing is I'm using a fairly cheap wrist reader thing from Walgreens. It may be wrong, but it's been fairly consistent. Wife has been using it too, and it has been pretty consistent with the Doctors office. But she hasn't been using it very often and it could be variability.

58-4ever 12-29-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10315944)

Yep, you just being super nervous during the reading can affect the results. Give it more than a few weeks.

penguinz 12-29-2013 02:12 PM

Pick up a NO supplement. It is a vascodialtor and can help with BP.

BigCatDaddy 12-29-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10316097)
Sitting down before bed. I've been taking it every day and trying to get some readings at other times to see where it is during the day also to try to eliminate noise in the numbers. I'm going to head to the doctor soon, but I don't really want to be on BP medicine.

The other thing is I'm using a fairly cheap wrist reader thing from Walgreens. It may be wrong, but it's been fairly consistent. Wife has been using it too, and it has been pretty consistent with the Doctors office. But she hasn't been using it very often and it could be variability.

Do you take any supps? Creatine?

What is the avg reading?

Has your weight fluctuated recently?

Buehler445 12-29-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10316146)
Do you take any supps? Creatine?

What is the avg reading?

Has your weight fluctuated recently?

No suppliments.

Avg is probably 145/82 ish. Before it was probably 125/75.

Weight is down probably 5 lb in a month and 10 down since September. However, the regimen is dramatically harder than what I was doing before.

Buehler445 12-29-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10316111)
Pick up a NO supplement. It is a vascodialtor and can help with BP.

NO suppliment? Help me out here.

BigCatDaddy 12-29-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10316331)
NO suppliment? Help me out here.

Nitric oxide. I think it's Arginine or something like that they use in most of those products. Celery seed extract has some science backing it but I would see a doc and try to find the underlying problem instead of treating the symptom. Your case seems odd given that much of a jump and you've also lost weight which in theory should cause it to go down.

The workouts shouldn't raise it on a 24 hour basis like that. See a doc but try to figure out the cause before jumping on meds. Could be stress, lack of sleep, or anything.

Buehler445 12-29-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10316529)
Nitric oxide. I think it's Arginine or something like that they use in most of those products. Celery seed extract has some science backing it but I would see a doc and try to find the underlying problem instead of treating the symptom. Your case seems odd given that much of a jump and you've also lost weight which in theory should cause it to go down.

The workouts shouldn't raise it on a 24 hour basis like that. See a doc but try to figure out the cause before jumping on meds. Could be stress, lack of sleep, or anything.

I am under some stress because the baby is a couple months out. Also, this is a deadline ridden time for me. But I don't think it is any more stressful than several other months during the growing season.

There have been some days that I didn't sleep well, but I've made a concerted effort to increase my sleep hours and it hasn't helped the BP much.

The only other thing I have going is a sore shoulder. I had a really sore back for a couple weeks early in December, but I've got that lined up. Initially I thought that's what the problem was, but the pain is a lot less now than it was initially, but the blood pressure hasn't responded.

BigBeauford 12-29-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10315801)

Using Nicoteine products, if you use any, can affect BP. Caffeine withdrawals can affect your b/p temporarily, vigorous exercise, and wrist cuffs are very inaccurate +\-

BigCatDaddy 12-29-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10316863)
I am under some stress because the baby is a couple months out. Also, this is a deadline ridden time for me. But I don't think it is any more stressful than several other months during the growing season.

There have been some days that I didn't sleep well, but I've made a concerted effort to increase my sleep hours and it hasn't helped the BP much.

The only other thing I have going is a sore shoulder. I had a really sore back for a couple weeks early in December, but I've got that lined up. Initially I thought that's what the problem was, but the pain is a lot less now than it was initially, but the blood pressure hasn't responded.

I'd see a good doctor. That's not horribly high but the jump like that is odd.