ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life For you metros that shave... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255277)

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 08:40 PM

For you metros that shave...

So I've had a beard most of my life since I was 16. Shaved down to a goatee a couple times just for a change... never in 42 years have I shaved my upper lip. Beside the point...

I hate shaving about as much as anything in life so I don't do it. I do use my trimmer every day though... but only to keep myself from actually looking like Grizzley Adams (who I have no problem with looking like) for a "work" environment. However as I become an older man I fully intend to let it grow down to my waist if it will. I love old men with long beards and I intend to be one.

My question is this. How often does the normal man shave? If I trim down to a short and well kept manicure in the morning should I be bushy again by bedtime? It doesn't seem like I should. And I know this seems like a dumb question to people who shave every day but understand the last time I clean shaved my beard the first Bush was in office... and I kept the 'stach... obviously. I haven't been hairless on my face since I was 12. Keeping up wasn't worth it.

I guess I'm asking if this kind of growth is common among many of you or if I'm just a freak. I know many guys shave every day... but is it because you like and want a hairless face or because you have to?

58-4ever 01-19-2012 08:44 PM

I shave my neck every other day. Other than that, I go with a lot of different combinations.

I shave my balls a lot less than I used to now that I've been married for almost four years.

ClevelandBronco 01-19-2012 08:44 PM

Unfortunately, if I want to keep my wife, I must shave daily. Fortunately, that provides me with a loophole.

Lumpy 01-19-2012 08:44 PM

I thought this was about shaving something else. ROFL

Leaving now...

CHENZ A! 01-19-2012 08:45 PM

If you shave completely in the AM, you will have noticeable stubble by the PM. You will have what I'd actually call a beard in about 4 or 5 days. That's how it works for me in anyway.

ClevelandBronco 01-19-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 8312231)
I shave my neck every other day. Other than that, I go with a lot of different combinations.

I shave my balls a lot less than I used to now that I've been married for almost four years.

How often does she let you spend some time with them?

rockymtnchief 01-19-2012 08:47 PM

I shave once or twice a week. Nobody sees me at work so I don't have to be presentable anymore. I just shave before I hit the town or when it gets itchy.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8312233)
I thought this was about shaving something else. ROFL

Leaving now...

I actually keep that more manicured than my face.... can't be messy.

Munson 01-19-2012 08:48 PM

I shave every day with an electric razor. I can't stand having facial hair.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8312249)
I shave every day with an electric razor. I can't stand having facial hair.

And I don't remember life without it... different strokes.

Lumpy 01-19-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 8312247)
I actually keep that more manicured than my face.... can't be messy.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.co...3949999324.gif

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 8312235)
If you shave completely in the AM, you will have noticeable stubble by the PM. You will have what I'd actually call a beard in about 4 or 5 days. That's how it works for me in anyway.

It's takes about a day and a half till I'm fuzzy and I have to trim it back down to this...

NewChief 01-19-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 8312263)
It's takes about a day and a half till I'm fuzzy and I have to trim it back down to this...

Yeah. You're a beast. I shave once every couple of weeks, and I never look like that.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8312261)

Luckily the women I've been with like beards.

But trimming/shaving my "area" makes my penis look bigger.

:)

Bump 01-19-2012 08:56 PM

lol, if I show up to work with so much as a 5 o'clock shadow, I'm forced to use the rusty blade they keep in the office, so ya. I shave every day, unless I don't have to work that day.