ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Great Gatsby sucks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272923)

Hammock Parties 05-09-2013 06:45 PM

The Great Gatsby sucks

LMAO.

The trailers for this made it seem like the greatest thing EVER.

Now topping out at 42%

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_great_gatsby_2012/

Quote:

Baz Luhrmann's "The Great Gatsby" is a tale told idiotically, full of noise and furor, signifying next to nothing.

The production is not insipid, let's give it that. An exercise in absurdist excess, this fourth screen adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel, with Leonardo DiCaprio in the title role, means to dramatize the excesses of the Jazz Age, with hints of Weimar decadence thrown in for bad measure.

But that's a banality by this late date, and it's as far as Mr. Luhrmann goes in making sense of the book. The film's only governing principle is maximalism—everything has been made as big as possible, apart from conversational interludes, when big feelings are displayed, like bullet points, by actors striking static poses.
Quote:

What's intractably wrong with the film is that there's no reality to heighten; it's a spectacle in search of a soul. For all of its glittery fragmentation, "Moulin Rouge!" came around to moments of genuine passion. None of these new trappings means a thing because the people who populate them are stylish sticks, unsinged by the spark of life.

That's almost surely not the fault of the actors, for the director turns them into lifelike props. Mr. DiCaprio, who's no more comfortable with the phrase "old sport" than Robert Redford was in the previous version, is elaborately sincere when he isn't frowning like Jack Nicholson; being charming like, well, Leonardo DiCaprio, or being mysterious, except that people who are genuinely mysterious don't look mysterious. Carey Mulligan's Daisy is either languorous or amorous, not a lot in between. Mr. Maguire's Nick is cheerlessly impressionable. Joel Edgerton's Tom is charmlessly brutish. Elizabeth Debicki's Jordan Baker is a flouncing cipher. And Mr. Luhrmann uses Amitabh Bachchan, a legendary star in his native India, to make the Jewish gangster Meyer Wolfshiem a leering pillowbiterin.

Given the lifelessness of the enterprise, there's little point in belaboring its failure to convey the novel's themes, let alone the emotional and social resonance of what has come to be considered a masterpiece of world literature. Although the hero created himself out of the whole cloth of romantic yearning, we see almost nothing of that self-creation, only the conflicted result. Although the Nick of the novel arrives at a new and tragic understanding of the American Dream, the Nick on screen can't be more than an earnest observer, since any vestige of the story's tragic sense has been replaced by melodramatic sadness.

This dreadful film even derogates the artistry of Fitzgerald, who wrote "The Great Gatsby" while living on Long Island and in Europe. In a deviation from the book that amounts to a calumny against literary history, Nick, the author's surrogate, is discovered in a psychiatric hospital where, as an aging alcoholic, he struggles to comprehend the vanished figure at the center of the long-ago story, and finally completes his treatment by writing the novel. It's literature as therapy, and Gatsby as Rosebud.

keg in kc 05-09-2013 06:46 PM

I could tell that based on the first trailer alone.

Hammock Parties 05-09-2013 06:52 PM

Apparently there's a shit ton of rap in the soundtrack, too. Which makes me retch.

MMXcalibur 05-09-2013 06:53 PM

Hated reading that shitty book in high school.

Frazod 05-09-2013 06:55 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...56975015_n.jpg

hometeam 05-09-2013 06:56 PM

Knew it.

Deberg_1990 05-09-2013 06:59 PM

I knew when they bumped it last Christmas something was up.

Seems more like a fall/awards season movie.

Setsuna 05-09-2013 07:32 PM

I hope not. The last movie Leonardo was in that was terrible was Titanic. I don't see him starring in a movie that's bad. If the rap is all that's making it bad then those people didn't like it from the beginning. If they have no comment on dialogue, story flow, and plot then they aren't giving the movie a fair shake.

Fairplay 05-09-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9671909)
I hope not. The last movie Leonardo was in that was terrible was Titanic. I don't see him starring in a movie that's bad. If the rap is all that's making it bad then those people didn't like it from the beginning. If they have no comment on dialogue, story flow, and plot then they aren't giving the movie a fair shake.

So Leo isn't capable of being in a bad movie?

You are a funny guy.

NewChief 05-09-2013 09:58 PM

Pretty bummed if this sucks. The original previews looked promising but also hinted at the possibility of a spectacularly shitty movie. It looks like it's likely the latter.

Demonpenz 05-09-2013 09:59 PM

hate the book...the earlier movie...and this movie....

NewChief 05-09-2013 10:01 PM

The book is freaking awesome.

Demonpenz 05-09-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9672403)
The book is freaking awesome.

That is because you are smart. My idea of a book is Car Craft.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:19 PM

Baz Lurhman is ridiculously overrated as a director. Plus, who cares? Why did the world need yet a fifth "Great Gatsby" film?

KC native 05-09-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9672396)
Pretty bummed if this sucks. The original previews looked promising but also hinted at the possibility of a spectacularly shitty movie. It looks like it's likely the latter.

My cousin was a visual effects coordinator on this film (he even got a name drop from Bars in an interview on KC media). I'll see it regardless to support his effort (the last movie he worked on was MIB3 which I saw as well). I have somewhat high expectations for the film so hopefully I won't be let down. So far all the critiques have been on Bars' style. So, while it's not looking good from early reviews, I'll hold my judgement until I see it.

KC native 05-09-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672431)
Baz Lurhman is ridiculously overrated as a director. Plus, who cares? Why did the world need yet a fifth "Great Gatsby" film?

Because my cousin needed a job :shrug:

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9672138)
So Leo isn't capable of being in a bad movie?

You are a funny guy.

DiCaprio has been in several bad movies, though Titantic wasn't one of them. Appears Gatsby will be another to add to the bad list.

Demonpenz 05-09-2013 10:26 PM

Departed was meh as well.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9672440)
Because my cousin needed a job :shrug:

?

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9672445)

Wha?

KC native 05-09-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672449)
?

Sarcasm. Do you speak it?

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

I was thinking more along the lines of The Beach.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672444)
DiCaprio has been in several bad movies, though Titantic wasn't one of them. Appears Gatsby will be another to add to the bad list.

"Bad" movies? Like what?

KC native 05-09-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

too far penz. effective trolling must be more subtle.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672454)

And that's about his only "bad" movie.

The Departed, Gangs of New York, Body of Lies, Shutter Island, Inception, Aviator and Titanic can hardly be called "bad movies".

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672455)
"Bad" movies? Like what?

The Beach, Body of Lies, Romeo + Juliet (another one of those overrated Luhrman bores) off the top of my head.

There was also that Western with Gene Hackman and Sharon Stone. Can't remember its name...it was kind of shitty.

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 10:32 PM

I never saw J. Edgar, but that didn't get good reviews from what I recall. Can't make a judgement on that until I see it (if I ever do).

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672459)
The Departed, Gangs of New York, Body of Lies, Shutter Island, Inception, Aviator and Titanic can hardly be called "bad movies".

I like all those movies except Body of Lies and think them to be of fairly high quality (some more than others).

KC native 05-09-2013 10:34 PM

Ugh I ****ing hated Titanic.

KC native 05-09-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9672457)
too far penz. effective trolling must be more subtle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672454)

LOL ok just ignore me.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672460)
The Beach, Body of Lies, Romeo + Juliet (another one of those overrated Luhrman bores) off the top of my head.

I fully disagree on Body of Lies. That was a great performance by him and Russell Crowe. The scenes where they're torturing him are ****ing intense.

Romeo and Juliet was interesting. I'd hardly call it a "bad" movie, just different. If it's not your thing (and it's not mine), I get it but it's not "bad".

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672460)
There was also that Western with Gene Hackman and Sharon Stone. Can't remember its name...it was kind of shitty.

Eh, he was a freaking kid at the time but if you're going back that far into his career, he was phenomenal in Gilbert Grape and especially This Boy's Life.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9672468)

It's theoretically impossible for you to hate that movie as much as me, and I've never even seen it.

KChiefer 05-09-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672444)

The Beach and J Edgar come to mind, though I haven't seen J Edgar but it's such an odd casting.

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Loved the re-creation of the time period and the effects/disaster sequences. Just a great job by James Cameron in that regard. Billy Zane as the villain was awesome too.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672466)
I like all those movies except Body of Lies and think them to be of fairly high quality (some more than others).

What didn't you like about Body of Lies? It's not an indictment, just a question. I thought it was really well made.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9672476)
The Beach and J Edgar come to mind, though I haven't seen J Edgar but it's such an odd casting.

So J. Edgar is a bad film but you haven't seen it?

:spock:

KC native 05-09-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672475)
It's theoretically impossible for you to hate that movie as much as me, and I've never even seen it.

I've only seen clips. It was so infuriating that I couldn't stomach more than 15 minutes at a time. So, your theory is flawed.

KC native 05-09-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672477)
Loved the re-creation of the time period and the effects/disaster sequences. Just a great job by James Cameron in that regard. Billy Zane as the villain was awesome too.

I'm not a love story type of person. The best part of the movie is when Leo freezes to death because the movie is almost over at that point.

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672473)
I fully disagree on Body of Lies. That was a great performance by him and Russell Crowe. The scenes where they're torturing him are ****ing intense.

Romeo and Juliet was interesting. I'd hardly call it a "bad" movie, just different. If it's not your thing (and it's not mine), I get it but it's not "bad".

Found Body of Lies mediocre (although that had nothing to do with Leo). And just didn't like Romeo + Juliet. They aren't terrible, though, I will admit.

Quote:

Eh, he was a freaking kid at the time but if you're going back that far into his career, he was phenomenal in Gilbert Grape and especially This Boy's Life.
I've heard good things about his performances in those, but never seen them.

KC native 05-09-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9672476)

I liked the Beach. It wasn't the greatest movie ever but was still a good movie IMO.

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9672483)
I'm not a love story type of person. The best part of the movie is when Leo freezes to death because the movie is almost over at that point.

I'm fine with love stories as long as they're done well. I'm not really sure Titanic is one of those, but it has several other redeeming factors.

KChiefer 05-09-2013 10:43 PM

What classic literature has been put on screen with great success in the last say 20 years? I'm having a hard time thinking of many.

Hitchhiker's Guide, which I haven't read but I know many love only got 60% on RT.

LOTR

There Will Be Blood which wasn't even Sinclair's most famous novel.

KC native 05-09-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672487)
I'm fine with love stories as long as they're done well. I'm not really sure Titanic is one of those, but it has several other redeeming factors.

Only two. The ship sinks and Leo's character dies.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9672481)
I've only seen clips. It was so infuriating that I couldn't stomach more than 15 minutes at a time. So, your theory is flawed.

Not even close.

:D

I worked in Paramount's music division at the time of the release. In case you weren't aware, the film's budget was so enormous that Paramount and Sony co-financed the film and shared royalty participation.

We had the music publishing and suffice to say, I got extremely tired of people constantly asking for the numbers on "My Heart Will Go On" and the soundtrack. HQ would ask (in what seemed like a daily basis) for more than three years after the release of that film. It was annoying beyond comprehension.

Not only did I vow to never watch it, I hated it with a passion.

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672478)
What didn't you like about Body of Lies? It's not an indictment, just a question. I thought it was really well made.

I was just disappointed with it after seeing it. Expected more, but it just came off as generic action fare at times to me.

KChiefer 05-09-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672479)

It's rocking a 44% on RT. Ebert liked it though. The casting was just weird to me. Take a guy in his 30s and slap a bunch of make-up on him so he's 20-30 years older is just fail.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672484)
I've heard good things about his performances in those, but never seen them.

They're both very good films although neither are the kind of films I gravitate towards. I like dramas but I definitely have to be in the right mood, or forget it.

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9672491)
Only two. The ship sinks and Leo's character dies.

Just hating on Jack Dawson.

Really, some of the greatest movies of all time involve love stories. You're missing out there.

KC native 05-09-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672505)
Just hating on Jack Dawson.

Really, some of the greatest movies of all time involve love stories. You're missing out there.

I'm just hating on Titanic. I ****ing hate that movie with a passion.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9672497)
It's rocking a 44% on RT. Ebert liked it though. The casting was just weird to me. Take a guy in his 30s and slap a bunch of make-up on him so he's 20-30 years older is just fail.

It's a well done film, albeit, slow. Eastwood's an amazing director and composer and DiCaprio is totally convincing. In the end, I just don't think the subject matter is all that interesting to today's audience.

I feel the same way about J. Edgar as I do Good Night and Good Luck. The latter was a very good film as well (with six Oscar noms) but it's really hard for me to sit through period piece dramas.

Now, L.A. Confidential on the other hand, I could watch every week.

KChiefer 05-09-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9672486)
I liked the Beach. It wasn't the greatest movie ever but was still a good movie IMO.

I saw it once, was pretty meh about it. Just, if someone said they'd never seen Titanic or The Beach, I'd recommend Titanic.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-09-2013 10:52 PM

Has any Baz Luhrmann film not been an overly elaborate spectacle meant for fans of musicals?

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-09-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9672490)
What classic literature has been put on screen with great success in the last say 20 years? I'm having a hard time thinking of many.

Hitchhiker's Guide, which I haven't read but I know many love only got 60% on RT.

LOTR

There Will Be Blood which wasn't even Sinclair's most famous novel.

You may laugh but Fight Club and American Psycho were both excellent adaptations. Palahniuk said he preferred the film's ending to the book's.

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672507)
It's a well done film, albeit, slow. Eastwood's an amazing director and composer and DiCaprio is totally convincing. In the end, I just don't think the subject matter is all that interesting to today's audience.

I feel the same way about J. Edgar as I do Good Night and Good Luck. The latter was a very good film as well (with six Oscar noms) but it's really hard for me to sit through period piece dramas.

I liked Good Night and Good Luck. Very well done. Probably Clooney's best effort as a director and Strathairn was great as Murrow.

L.A. Confidential is obviously a great film, one of the best from that decade. Entertaining every time I see it.

Demonpenz 05-09-2013 10:55 PM

Baz Luhrmann says his movies aren'tfor fat people and that he seeks the "In" crowd to see Gatsby

Demonpenz 05-09-2013 10:57 PM

His movie Australia is the second leading grossing Australian movie behind Crocidile Dundee...so there's that.

KChiefer 05-09-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672507)

I didn't know Eastwood directed it. That does bode well for it. I never saw GNaGL either, but I did see Frost/Nixon eventually, and it too was slow, but it was good, though I'd never need to watch it again.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9672535)
I didn't know Eastwood directed it. That does bode well for it. I never saw GNaGL either, but I did see Frost/Nixon eventually, and it too was slow, but it was good, though I'd never need to watch it again.

I haven't seen Frost/Nixon but it's on the list. It was on one of the premium channels recently and I forgot to record it.

I'm expecting it to be similar in nature to Good Night and Good Luck and J. Edgar: Movies that I need to see, just to see them, but they won't likely be favorites or added to the DVD/Ultraviolet collection.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9672511)
Has any Baz Luhrmann film not been an overly elaborate spectacle meant for fans of musicals?

Yeah, that pretty much nails it. I'm a huge fan of theater and musicals, having seen dozens on Broadway and at the Pantages in Los Angeles, but movie musicals just don't interest me.

I can't really explain it but there's something about being in the audience, where the actors not only react to each other but to the audience as well, that can't be duplicated on film.

At least IMHO.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9672497)
It's rocking a 44% on RT.

With all due respect, I completely disregard websites like Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic because they're often initially wrong. Some of the greatest movies ever made were initially panned hard by critics, only to go on to be revered by later generations and regarded as classics of cinema. (The same can be said about music as well but that's a different subject entirely).

I'd prefer to actually watch a film for myself and come to my own conclusion before dismissing it outright.

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672540)
I haven't seen Frost/Nixon but it's on the list. It was on one of the premium channels recently and I forgot to record it.

Found that really good. The performances by Sheen and Langella made the movie.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672548)

While they are both excellent actors, I'm particularly interested in seeing Langella as Nixon. I don't "see" Nixon when I think of Langella but I'm sure that he "disappears" into the part, as excellent actors often do

KChiefer 05-09-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9672515)
You may laugh but Fight Club and American Psycho were both excellent adaptations. Palahniuk said he preferred the film's ending to the book's.

Yeah, those are great. I guess I'm thinking about how often people take classics like Shakespeare or Dickens and botch it or try to modernize it which often butchers it.

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672552)
While they are both excellent actors, I'm particularly interested in seeing Langella as Nixon. I don't "see" Nixon when I think of Langella but I'm sure that he "disappears" into the part, as excellent actors often do

Oh yeah, he truly becomes Nixon. The interview scenes between the two are just phenomenal (particularly the last one) and really make the movie.

KChiefer 05-09-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672548)

Yeah, I'll never forget Nixon giving him those ugly shoes at the end. It was just like National Lampoons Vacation!

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9672558)
Yeah, I'll never forget Nixon giving him those ugly shoes at the end. It was just like National Lampoons Vacation!

Haha, yeah. I can see why you would say it was slow. Really did take a while to get rolling at the beginning.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-09-2013 11:38 PM

I can't watch Langella without thinking of his old tuna can flopping around whilst dodging Jeremy Irons' inaccurate gunfire in Lolita.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9672580)
I can't watch Langella without thinking of his old tuna can flopping around whilst dodging Jeremy Irons' inaccurate gunfire in Lolita.

He's amazing. I'd love to see him as an evil Sith or Jedi in one of the new Star Wars movies. I think he'd own, big time.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-09-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672588)
He's amazing. I'd love to see him as an evil Sith or Jedi in one of the new Star Wars movies. I think he'd own, big time.

Speaking of space operas, have you heard any scuttlebutt about the possibility of a Mass Effect movie actually getting made? I know that WB optioned it at one point, but I've never heard anything about a script actually getting hammered out.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9672590)
Speaking of space operas, have you heard any scuttlebutt about the possibility of a Mass Effect movie actually getting made? I know that WB optioned it at one point, but I've never heard anything about a script actually getting hammered out.

All I've heard is that it's still in development and they've gone through several screenwriters and versions to get it "right".

I'll be sure to relay if I hear anything further.

keg in kc 05-09-2013 11:57 PM

There hadn't been a word about it for a while, but Casey Hudson did make a couple of comments about it in March at PAX east. http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/25/mass...l-says-hudson/

That's the last thing I heard. I don't think it's in development hell or anything though.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672591)
All I've heard is that it's still in development and they've gone through several screenwriters and versions to get it "right".

I'll be sure to relay if I hear anything further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9672594)
There hadn't been a word about it for a while, but Casey Hudson did make a couple of comments about it in March at PAX east. http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/25/mass...l-says-hudson/

That's the last thing I heard. I don't think it's in development hell or anything though.

Gracias.

I still think it'd be the quintessential Cable Boutique TV series, but I'd settle for a film adaptation.

I remember when they tossed around Matthew Fox's name as Shepard, but I'd think his star has faded a touch since then.

2002 Matt Damon would have been a great fit. Can't think of a good fit now.

Edit: More conventional choices may be Sam Worthington or Tom Hardy.

Setsuna 05-10-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

I'd beat you. I've never seen it either and my hate for it is absolute.

Sorter 05-10-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672496)
I was just disappointed with it after seeing it. Expected more, but it just came off as generic action fare at times to me.

Really? I thought it was fairly original and despite it being a film centered on the CIA, distanced itself from the Bourne style action that so many have grown accustomed to.

Additionally, Mark Strong was awesome (as usual) so, there's that as well.

007 05-10-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672451)
Wha?

Penzed

007 05-10-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672479)

So you hated Titanic but you haven't seen it? :D

ChiefAshhole20 05-10-2013 03:10 AM

Don't sleep on Blood Diamond... The Aviator wasn't bad either.

Sorter 05-10-2013 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9672654)
Don't sleep on Blood Diamond... The Aviator wasn't bad either.

The accent ruined it for me.

ThaVirus 05-10-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9671909)
The last movie Leonardo was in that was terrible was Titanic.

Quote:

Kill yourselves.

Rausch 05-10-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9672656)
Kill yourselves.

We'll all be waiting to kill you.

Taste this bad demands a lynching...