ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Secondary (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280353)

ILChief 01-05-2014 07:37 AM

Secondary

It sucks, but what to do. Lewis is a free agent and Robinson is owed a ton next year, so surely they are both gone.

I believe Demps and Abdullah are both free agents as well.

So under contract we have:

Corners
Flowers ($$$$ and declining)
Smith (started strong but started getting beat deep as the season went on)
Cooper (raw but talented)
Parker (didn't play much but when he did he made plays)

Safeties
Berry (bad game but one of the best)
Commings (injury prone. Corner or safety)

Do we re-sign demps or Abdullah? Are either starters? This draft doesn't look deep at safety, so that may have to be a free agent. Are you ok with the above corners? Who will be available? Will a new scheme fix everything?

I know i am rambling, it's a coping mechanism :)

rabblerouser 01-05-2014 07:39 AM

I like Demps as a backup and Special Teamer. Maybe abdullah as well.

Keep Flowers, Berry, and Cooper. Everyone else should be gone.

DBOSHO 01-05-2014 07:40 AM

Release dunta, kendrick, demps.

ChiefRocka 01-05-2014 07:41 AM

Abdullah is decent but we need to draft DBs.

Smith was a stopgap measure, maybe another season.

spanky 52 01-05-2014 07:42 AM

Demps and Abdullah deserve another shot. As much as everyone likes Flowers, he is declining and is being paid a shit load of money. Coopers best days are ahead of him. Have to hit on several db's in the draft this year.

DBOSHO 01-05-2014 07:45 AM

After seeing demps get beat over the top several times this year id like to see him somewhere else. That is literally what yout position is trying to prevent.

Hopefully the sandman can contribute next year. We get the recieving core fixed in FA with maclin and/or someone else and do whatever it takes to get clinton-dix in the draft.

ILChief 01-05-2014 07:46 AM

It's crazy that what was considered our biggest strength early on turned out to be our biggest weakness

ILChief 01-05-2014 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 10344378)
After seeing demps get beat over the top several times this year id like to see him somewhere else. That is literally what yout position is trying to prevent.

Hopefully the sandman can contribute next year. We get the recieving core fixed in FA with maclin and/or someone else and do whatever it takes to get clinton-dix in the draft.

Demps is a KR only in my mind

bricks 01-05-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10344381)
It's crazy that what was considered our biggest strength early on turned out to be our biggest weakness

If people can call us frauds, then they should look no further than the defense.

SeeingRed 01-05-2014 07:50 AM

Keep Demps as a Kickoff returner...Smith and Lewis can walk and I'm cool with that...need to draft good DBs

SeeingRed 01-05-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 10344387)
If people can call us frauds, then they should look no further than the defense.

Could our secondary stop Florida State's WRs? serious question

dannybcaitlyn 01-05-2014 07:52 AM

First thing I would do is get rid of Sutton and the secondary coaches. Then I would cut Lewis and Robinson. Keep Abdullah and Parker. Hopefully Dorsey and his scouting staff have done their homework on defensive backs in this years draft and build from there.

lewdog 01-05-2014 07:58 AM

See what we can get for Flowers after this "Pro-Bowl" season that saw him decline pretty rapidly from last year.

**** you Lewis and Robinson.

ILChief 01-05-2014 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10344408)
See what we can get for Flowers after this "Pro-Bowl" season that saw him decline pretty rapidly from last year.

**** you Lewis and Robinson.

I'd take a third for him

lewdog 01-05-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10344411)
I'd take a third for him

I'm not really sure his value but flaunt that Pro-bowl tag and see if the reerun teams like the Cowboys take a flyer.