ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

O.city 02-02-2013 10:31 AM

Clark is obviously getting this from Andy and Dorsey. The first overall dream of a qb is dead.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 10:32 AM

Fug off O

O.city 02-02-2013 10:34 AM

Why would he lie? Why posture? No one can trade up in front of you.

BossChief 02-02-2013 10:44 AM

The only redeeming quote was Clark saying they missed Geno at the senior bowl.

That's the only thing giving me hope right now.

RealSNR 02-02-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9372036)
What are you guys going to do if Reid doesn't pick Geno :)

**** off, Knowmo

aturnis 02-02-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9372205)
They aren't gonna draft Geno smith.

Just watch.

If they were even entertaining the thought of drafting him, the owner wouldn't be making negative statements like he has been about there being no franchise qb in this class over and over and the GM saying we will take BPA.

They are making focused efforts to try and cool us down before they ultimately choose to pass on a qb.

I don't like it, but they sure are putting a lot of effort into knocking this qb class down.

What is it about Geno that makes so many think he can't be a franchise qb?

Listen again. I think this thought that he said there is no franchise QB is CP myth. IIRC, he said that there was no clear cut #1 QB at that time...

BigBeauford 02-02-2013 11:12 AM

What is happening is classic Stockholm Syndrome. The real intelligent fans who continually are beaten down by idiots, true fans, and the media over the years, are slowly starting to rationalize inferior draft picks, and even content with settling of those inferior draft picks.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-02-2013 11:32 AM

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

Of course, Matt Ryan lacks "elite" arm and everyone now agrees Dolphins shouldve taken him No. 1. But throwing power is not Geno's strength.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-02-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9372368)
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

Of course, Matt Ryan lacks "elite" arm and everyone now agrees Dolphins shouldve taken him No. 1. But throwing power is not Geno's strength.

That guy is reeruned. He tried to argue with me one time that Steve Young was a running QB. He failed miserably.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-02-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9372373)
That guy is reeruned. He tried to argue with me one time that Steve Young was a running QB. He failed miserably.

He's well respected.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-02-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9372378)
He's well respected.

He's a moron. His words, "Steve Young was a run first QB, they can win Super Bowls."

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9372335)
**** off, Knowmo

I would like a mod to check on that. Knowmo wants to return and I told him the only way he can come back early is if I decided to start a poll and he got over 50 percnent of the votes for his return. If he's using mults, there will be no chance at mercy.

aturnis 02-02-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9372205)
They aren't gonna draft Geno smith.

Just watch.

If they were even entertaining the thought of drafting him, the owner wouldn't be making negative statements like he has been about there being no franchise qb in this class over and over and the GM saying we will take BPA.

They are making focused efforts to try and cool us down before they ultimately choose to pass on a qb.

I don't like it, but they sure are putting a lot of effort into knocking this qb class down.

What is it about Geno that makes so many think he can't be a franchise qb?

Also. Saying you're going BPA doesn't exclude Geno. If anything, it could be a preemptive tactic to reassure the fan base that they felt Geno was the BPA and that is why they took him.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-02-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9372386)
He's a moron. His words, "Steve Young was a run first QB, they can win Super Bowls."

We get it everyone is a moron that points out flaws in Geno Game.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 11:49 AM

Geno is not only the best QB, but also the BPA