ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Polarizing Players and Chiefs Fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268128)

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-29-2012 01:04 AM

Polarizing Players and Chiefs Fans

I am completely astounded at how Chiefs fans are becoming increasingly polarized over certain players. Prior to this season, Matt Cassel was a prime example.

Now it's Geno Smith.

The kid is one of the top talents in this draft. Yet people shit all over him and they don't even watch game tape. Yet this kid is very polarizing almost how Eagle fans were in a tizzy over Donovan McNabb before the draft, during the selection announcement itself and after the draft.

Its a very interesting dynamic.

RealSNR 12-29-2012 01:06 AM

It's a dynamic that has a lot of dumb**** fans spouting shit they don't know about QBs they've never seen.

I don't know... is "interesting" the word you're going for?

I would probably use "cluster****" instead

The Franchise 12-29-2012 01:07 AM

What it's bringing out is a lot of the ****ing racist bullshit when it comes to QBs. Geno Smith is instantly another Vince Young or Jamarcus Russell.

BigMeatballDave 12-29-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9247766)
What it's bringing out is a lot of the ****ing racist bullshit when it comes to QBs. Geno Smith is instantly another Vince Young or Jamarcus Russell.

Admittedly, I was that way early last year with RG3.

I just hadn't seen him play much. He, and now Smith have changed that image for me.

Very ignorant on my part, yes.

007 12-29-2012 01:18 AM

Thug life.

ReynardMuldrake 12-29-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9247766)

I don't know why people feel the need to evaluate black quarterbacks differently than white ones, but for some reason they do.

saphojunkie 12-29-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9247825)
I don't know why people feel the need to evaluate black quarterbacks differently than white ones, but for some reason they do.

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Guid...6770457&sr=1-4

Mr. Flopnuts 12-29-2012 05:04 AM

What the **** are you guys talking about? Racism is dead. Particularly in the midwest.

stevieray 12-29-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9247924)
What the **** are you guys talking about? Racism is dead. Particularly in the midwest.

:rolleyes:

the Talking Can 12-29-2012 05:29 AM

chiefs fans are mostly dumb as shit and happy to go another decade without drafting a QB, much less a black one...

FlaChief58 12-29-2012 06:33 AM

I dont care if his skin is pink & purple pokadots as long as he's a winner. I just want to see the Chiefs win a SB before I die

bevischief 12-29-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

KC_Lee 12-29-2012 07:51 AM

30 years of never drafting and developing a QB, be it the first round or any round, has convinced the true fans that the only QBs worth having are other team's scrubs or broke dick old QBs whose better days have passed them by.

crossbow 12-29-2012 07:54 AM

People are listening to the so called experts claim that there isn't a QB worth the top ten pick this year. It is total bull. Smith is going to be a fine QB and he is at the very least a major improvement over what we have now.

Just draft the guy and stop all the worry. He will be fine.

Mizzou_8541 12-29-2012 07:56 AM

This probably isn't the correct thread, but reading what Chiefs fans post on some other message boards and lstening to those that call in to 810/610 have become increasingly dissappointing lately. I can't believe the number of fans who don't want us to draft a QB. I'm sure most here have heard it, but there are a large number of "Quinn could be a good QB with more time, so draft a tackle," or "we have to replace Dorsey so draft Star Lotulelei" or the best ones are the "lets draft Te'o first overall." It's thickening. Who the eff are these people that think we don't need to address QB ASAp? Were they not watching the games? It's infuriating.

I've also noticed more and more people supporting Scott Pioli...I'm speechless with that one. If Soctt is retained, all hope for the Choefs is gone...at least for me. The true fans I listed above, im sure, will pack the stands for the garbage Pioli trots out. Chiefs will win 4 games with Manti effing Te'o, and Clark will continue to line his pockets. All I can hope for now is that Clark will do the right thing.

BlackHelicopters 12-29-2012 08:00 AM

ChUNT probably reads this board, and will do what we think is the right thing.

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9247966)
This probably isn't the correct thread, but reading what Chiefs fans post on some other message boards and lstening to those that call in to 810/610 have become increasingly dissappointing lately. I can't believe the number of fans who don't want us to draft a QB. I'm sure most here have heard it, but there are a large number of "Quinn could be a good QB with more time, so draft a tackle," or "we have to replace Dorsey so draft Star Lotulelei" or the best ones are the "lets draft Te'o first overall." It's thickening. Who the eff are these people that think we don't need to address QB ASAp? Were they not watching the games? It's infuriating.

I've also noticed more and more people supporting Scott Pioli...I'm speechless with that one. If Soctt is retained, all hope for the Choefs is gone...at least for me. The true fans I listed above, im sure, will pack the stands for the garbage Pioli trots out. Chiefs will win 4 games with Manti effing Te'o, and Clark will continue to line his pockets. All I can hope for now is that Clark will do the right thing.

Denver Bronco fans?

Mizzou_8541 12-29-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9248004)
Denver Bronco fans?

Unfortunately no. They are Chiefs fans who think we are one offensive lineman, one linebacker, or one defensive tackle away from teh ship. They are same fans who enable ownership to take the same ridiculous approach year after year, while they cash our checks for perpetual mediocrity (at best).

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9248006)
Unfortunately no. They are Chiefs fans who think we are one offensive lineman, one linebacker, or one defensive tackle away from teh ship. They are same fans who enable ownership to take the same ridiculous approach year after year, while they cash our checks for perpetual mediocrity (at best).

I know I know, it just seems preposterous that anyone could watch this team and not see the glaring problem.

Like always, I expect a group to get cold feet on the QB issue. It's a risk, and a lot of people like to play it safe. Fortune favors the bold. We need to pick the top QB even if we reach. This draft isn't blowing me away across the board.

Mizzou_8541 12-29-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9248011)
I know I know, it just seems preposterous that anyone could watch this team and not see the glaring problem.

Like always, I expect a group to get cold feet on the QB issue. It's a risk, and a lot of people like to play it safe. Fortune favors the bold. We need to pick the top QB even if we reach. This draft isn't blowing me away across the board.

Agreed. The pessimist in me fully expects Star Lotulelei to be Ryan Sims-ing it in a Chiefs uniform next year.

InChiefsHeaven 12-29-2012 08:59 AM

Whoever these people are, I believe they are in the minority. Look at attendance. Look at the success of SOC. Sure, they are the passionate morons calling in to talk shows, but attendance suggests an apathetic fan base. They have checked out. And THEY know we need a qb. Just don't listen to the morons is all. Hope that Clark is more realistic.

CaliforniaChief 12-29-2012 09:01 AM

People hear one "guru" on ESPN say Geno Smith is an average prospect or that there are no good QB's in this class and like lemmings they jump in the left tackle pond.

One of the things I'm more confident of than most is that by the end of the combine, pro day, and general evaluation period, that Geno Smith will stand out as the #1 guy with a very bright future in the NFL.

-Very strong arm.
-Great leadership skills.
-Great work ethic.
-Takes responsibility for the play of the whole team.
-High intelligence.
-Can run when the pocket collapses.
-Playmaker.
-Respected by his teammates.
-Perfect body size for NFL QB (6'3", 220 lbs.)
-3 year college starter. (Played in 43 games)
-Clean off-field record.
-Articulate and confident with the media as potential "face of the franchise."

Anything else these idiots want?

KCUnited 12-29-2012 09:10 AM

Listening to the radio during my 25 minute commute yesterday I heard everything from "Geno is Akili Smith" to "best player available, QB can be found in the later rounds" to "that linebacker from ND and Alex Smith" to "trade for Cousins" to "what about Tebow". No joke. This town longs for a game manager with a "wood laying D". This fan base is damaged goods.

CaliforniaChief 12-29-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9248040)
Listening to the radio during my 25 minute commute yesterday I heard everything from "Geno is Akili Smith" to "best player available, QB can be found in the later rounds" to "that linebacker from ND and Alex Smith" to "trade for Cousins" to "what about Tebow". No joke. This town longs for a game manager with a "wood laying D". This fan base is damaged goods.

Good Lord, this is so true.

We need a Moses to take us out of Egypt and into the Promised Land.

Mizzou_8541 12-29-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9248040)

Yes, this. You said it much better than I.

kcxiv 12-29-2012 09:20 AM

There was some idiot on another Chiefs board talking about get alex smith and if he doesnt work out draft a qb in 2-3 years. Then draft Teo. im like why not Geno smith now, if it dont work, draft another qb in 2-3 years. ITs the same shit, except there is not yet ANOTHER 49ers qb. Have we learned anything yet?

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9248024)
People hear one "guru" on ESPN say Geno Smith is an average prospect or that there are no good QB's in this class and like lemmings they jump in the left tackle pond.

One of the things I'm more confident of than most is that by the end of the combine, pro day, and general evaluation period, that Geno Smith will stand out as the #1 guy with a very bright future in the NFL.

-Very strong arm.
-Great work ethic.
-High intelligence.
-Playmaker.
-Clean off-field record.

I am astounded that his most impressive trait (to me) is not even listed on here. To me it's the most important trait a QB can have.

This guy is accurate. Sometimes I don't know whether to be concerned that he just threw into triple coverage, or amazed the threaded it right to the WR for a score.

CaliforniaChief 12-29-2012 09:22 AM

You know, when a team doesn't draft a QB in the first round for so long, it doesn't create a longing...it creates acceptance. It's a part of our culture to NOT draft QB's in the first round.

Don't blame the fans, they aren't smart enough to know the difference.

Saulbadguy 12-29-2012 09:22 AM

He's "well spoken"

/dc forum

candyman 12-29-2012 09:23 AM

Racism? Give me a break. Its uneducated fans just listening to all the draft "gurus" who are ignorantly trying to compare this year's class to last year's. I think most fans were pretty excited at the time for the Herm hire, and I know pretty much all fans were excited about bringing in Crennel as the D coordinator. Has nothing to do with racism for most, we just have a lot of ignorant fans.

CaliforniaChief 12-29-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9248051)
I am astounded that his most impressive trait (to me) is not even listed on here. To me it's the most important trait a QB can have.

This guy is accurate. Sometimes I don't know whether to be concerned that he just threw into triple coverage, or amazed the threaded it right to the WR for a score.

Yeah, and then there's that.

There are two reasons he isn't far and away considered #1:
1. The defense he plays with.
2. The color of his skin/position he plays.

That will change when teams meet him up close and personal.

Saulbadguy 12-29-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248054)
Racism? Give me a break. Its uneducated fans just listening to all the draft "gurus" who are ignorantly trying to compare this year's class to last year's. I think most fans were pretty excited at the time for the Herm hire, and I know pretty much all fans were excited about bringing in Crennel as the D coordinator. Has nothing to do with racism for most, we just have a lot of ignorant fans.

This post is racist.

candyman 12-29-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9248056)
This post is racist.

I cant be racist, Im black. :)

Old Dog 12-29-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9247927)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9247954)

Methinks ya'll need to check the batteries in your sarcasm meters

Dave Lane 12-29-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

95% of those that don't want a "running QB" are using that as code for black QB. And like Floppy alluded to is grounded in racism.

Old Dog 12-29-2012 09:41 AM

Anyone touting Geno as a running QB hasn't watched him play.....but I agree with you Dave

candyman 12-29-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9248066)
95% of those that don't want a "running QB" are using that as code for black QB. And like Floppy alluded to is grounded in racism.

Why do you assume that is the reason? Why couldn't the reason be because running QB's are more prone to big hits/injury?

CaliforniaChief 12-29-2012 09:42 AM

What's funny is that Geno really isn't a running QB. He should probably run MORE than he does now.

Lex Luthor 12-29-2012 09:44 AM

It's not racism. It's just stupidity and ignorance.

The myth that a black man can't play quarterback was debunked long ago. The only people who think Geno Smith isn't far and away the best quarterback in the draft are idiots who don't really follow football that closely and don't really know what Geno Smith brings to the table. They just get their opinions from Mel Kiper and parrot what they hear.

A very good friend of mine (he's white) insists that Geno Smith is not the best quarterback prospect this year. He has been married for 15 years to a black woman. I'm pretty sure his opinion is not based upon racism.

InChiefsHeaven 12-29-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9248074)

The myth that a black man can't play quarterback was debunked long ago. The only people who think Geno Smith isn't far and away the best quarterback in the draft are idiots who don't really follow football that closely and don't really know what Geno Smith brings to the table. They just get their opinions from Mel Kiper and parrot what they hear.

A very good friend of mine (he's white) insists that Geno Smith is not the best quarterback prospect this year. He has been married for 15 years to a black woman. I'm pretty sure his opinion is not based upon racism.

Trophy wife. Married her to hide his racism. Obviously.

FAX 12-29-2012 09:48 AM

I worry sometimes that people are ignoring the 500 pound fat man in the room. Racism (or, more accurately, bigotry), sadly, is alive and well. I know this to be an inarguable factoid.

To whistle past that dark alley is almost as bad as the issue itself. You cannot tell me that there are people (and lots of them) who want to see a white quarterback under center for the Chiefs. Geno Smith scares the hell out of a lot of fans ... although they would never have the courage to admit it.

FAX

ChiTown 12-29-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9247930)
chiefs fans are mostly dumb as shit and happy to go another decade without drafting a QB, much less a black one...

Sadly, THIS!

the Talking Can 12-29-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248069)
Why do you assume that is the reason? Why couldn't the reason be because running QB's are more prone to big hits/injury?

he isn't a running qb

the only reason it gets mentioned is because he is black

candyman 12-29-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9248074)

Totally agreed. I dont think people truly understand how much football ignorance this fan base has. Even if people do look at Geno and assume he's a running QB just because he's black it doesnt mean they're racist. Most black QB's have been running QB's just like most white QB's are pocket passers. People just need to watch more college ball before they bitch about a potential draft pick.

InChiefsHeaven 12-29-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9248081)
I worry sometimes that people are ignoring the 500 pound fat man in the room. Racism (or, more accurately, bigotry), sadly, is alive and well. I know this to be an inarguable factoid.

To whistle past that dark alley is almost as bad as the issue itself. You cannot tell me that there are people (and lots of them) who want to see a white quarterback under center for the Chiefs. Geno Smith scares the hell out of a lot of fans ... although they would never have the courage to admit it.

FAX

I respect your opinion Mr. Fax...but it is just that, an opinion. Based on your world experience etc. There is no real proof that your assertion is true. Just your gut feeling. I personally think that those who think as you say they do are not as large a majority as you seem to. But I guess that's just MY opinion.

Why is it acceptable to have a black star running back, a black star reciever, a black star linebacker (or 3), but suddenly this racist fan base would have a problem with a black qb?

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Because he's not a 'running QB'.

He's an athletic pocket passer. There's a difference.

CaliforniaChief 12-29-2012 09:53 AM

Like I said, when the new GM and new HC sit down for their 15 minute interview with Geno Smith, they'll be smitten. When they watch him zip passes all over the field on his pro day, they'll fall in love. And when the Commish calls his name and he puts on a Chiefs hat and holds up his new Chiefs jersey, there will be much fappage.

FlaChief58 12-29-2012 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9248081)

FAX

Idiots, the lot of them. Who gives a flying rats ass what color the QB is....The only color that matters when it comes to the NFL is silver

TEX 12-29-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9248089)
I respect your opinion Mr. Fax...but it is just that, an opinion. Based on your world experience etc. There is no real proof that your assertion is true. Just your gut feeling. I personally think that those who think as you say they do are not as large a majority as you seem to. But I guess that's just MY opinion.

Why is it acceptable to have a black star running back, a black star reciever, a black star linebacker (or 3), but suddenly this racist fan base would have a problem with a black qb?

This.

candyman 12-29-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

They just havent seen him play so assume because he's black he's a running QB who will get hit a lot and have injury problems. That assumption is based on statistics, not because they hate black people. The word racism is thrown around far too often. The same people who assume a black QB is a running QB would also assume a white RB is going to be a downhill bruiser and not a quick. That doesnt mean they hate white people either.

InChiefsHeaven 12-29-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248103)
They just havent seen him play so assume because he's black he's a running QB who will get hit a lot and have injury problems. That assumption is based on statistics, not because they hate black people. The word racism is thrown around far too often. The same people who assume a black QB is a running QB would also assume a white RB is going to be a downhill bruiser and not a quick. That doesnt mean they hate white people either.

Agreed. So it's more about stereotypes than racism. I truly believe that.

Saulbadguy 12-29-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9248105)

Stereotypes based on race are by definition, racist. It doesn't matter if they are perceived as positive or negative.

candyman 12-29-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Exactly. Stereotyping doesnt always = racism. I dont know why people cant separate the two. Racism is hate, stereotyping is natural based on real world observations and whether they like to admit it or not everyone does it. Doesnt mean they hate.

Chiefshrink 12-29-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9248024)

-Very strong arm.
-Great work ethic.
-High intelligence.
-Playmaker.
-Clean off-field record.

This :clap:

Hell last year Luck was the only sure fire No.1 QB until after the combine, private workouts etc.... then RG was right there with Luck and in some circles was rumored he might be the No.1 pick over Luck. Not to worry, just let the 'pimping begin' and our beloved Chiefs will have our very own Cam/RGIII combo QB(RG's intelligence/maturity and more of Cam's physical athleticism with a better arm than both RG/Cam).:thumb:

DeezNutz 12-29-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Stereotypes can be inherently racist. And the stereotype about black QBs was/is that they lack the intelligence to play the position. Thus, they must out-athlete everyone else on the field.

This is obviously nonsensical bullshit.

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248114)
Exactly. Stereotyping doesnt always = racism. I dont know why people cant separate the two. Racism is hate, stereotyping is natural based on real world observations and whether they like to admit it everyone does it. Doesnt mean they hate.

Racism is the belief that one race is superior in some way to another. In reality there is no such thing as 'race'. It's all nonsense based on a few physical features. Buying stereotypes out of ignorance (of a QB's ability for example) is a perfect example of racism.

It doesn't require hate of any kind actually. That's bigotry.

It drives me crazy how people, especially the media, constantly misuse these words.

Easy 6 12-29-2012 10:07 AM

I get that its fun to speculate, but personally, i'm not going to get all tied in a knot about ANY of these guys.

We have no idea what 2013 will hold or what the new regime will see in any of these guys or want in their QB.

Have fun with it, but i dont get all of the gnashing of teeth... we'll get the guy "they" pick and hopefully we can get behind and support him.

FlaChief58 12-29-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9248116)
Stereotypes can be inherently racist. And the stereotype about black QBs was/is that they lack the intelligence to play the position. Thus, they must out-athlete everyone else on the field.

My guess is that when black QBs start winning SBs on a regular basis, all of this stupidity will stop. Until then there will always be those who's small minds wont allow them to look past a persons color

Reaper16 12-29-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9248113)
Stereotypes based on race are by definition, racist. It doesn't matter if they are perceived as positive or negative.

Yup.

The majority of racism I see has nothing to do with hate, or any such strong emotion. It has to do with little things, like lowered expectations.

Chiefshrink 12-29-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248114)
Exactly. Stereotyping doesnt always = racism. I dont know why people cant separate the two. Racism is hate, stereotyping is natural based on real world observations and whether they like to admit it everyone does it. Doesnt mean they hate.

Right on the mark !!!:clap:

Racists "always" SEE COLOR FIRST regardless of the facts whether they be a black panther racist/Farrakhan-Nation of Islam racist or a white KKK racist. In their demented racist world 'skin color MUST always come first' in order to keep the hate and the fires of denial lit at all times !! Just like our Progressive dominated media:D

People who stereotype are just uneducated/inexperienced to the real world facts of life.

Dave Lane 12-29-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Not the ones that don't want him because of Kiper. Those that don't want him cuz he's "a running QB" which he is anything but.

They are just using that as a cover for I don't want a black QB. And I say that because I'm white and I live in the country at times.

candyman 12-29-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

I guess we have different definitions of racism then. When I hear someone is racist to me it means they are prejudice and dont think people who have a different skin color should have the same opportunities as them. If acknowledging statistical trends while also admitting exceptions makes you a "racist" then I guess Im a racist against my own race.

Chiefshrink 12-29-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Thank you Bryant Gumbel but you are wrong !!:rolleyes:

Reaper16 12-29-2012 10:27 AM

An important link for the purposes of this discussion. I think this site will clarify some things: http://bit.ly/ugxaS9

FAX 12-29-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

I don't know, man. It makes no sense whatsoever. Yet, for some unfathomable reason, there is a difference in the attitudes of many "fans".

I can only speculate about it, but in their minds there may exist an iconic model of the NFL quarterback, the field general, the person in command, the "leader" ... and for them, that image is not in the person of a black man.

FAX

mcaj22 12-29-2012 10:30 AM

What about the camp of people that still want a QB just not Geno Smith?

I think the Geno Smith homers are more polarizing to scoff at any other QB option the Chiefs would pick. I was in on Geno very early in the season. Like people on here still thinking we had a chance to make the playoffs back in August/September and I was in on the hottest college QB already assuming an awful season by the Chiefs, and that was Geno. I think other QBs have outplayed him throughout the season and by the combine a true prospect will sprout just like it did for RG3, Cam Newton, etc.

I myself am in the draft a QB camp, and I am also in the camp that there are better QBs to draft than Geno Smith.

Which should be okay, not because of skin color, not because of his play, just because of watching all of the QBs, it comes down to who you think will succeed in the NFL. It's a crapshoot and the chance that all these QBs coming out hitting success in this draft is very low. Will it be Geno? Will be ____ or ____? none or all 3? you dont know. The key is finding the best one. Is Geno the best? I dont think so, I think there are better.

FAX 12-29-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9248116)

Actually, I think that, for most of the neanderthals we're talking about, the issue is far more fundamental. Some people actually thrive on hate. Throw in a heaping helping of basic ignorance, and you have the makings of a bigot.

FAX

Reaper16 12-29-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9248161)
What about the camp of people that still want a QB just not Geno Smith?

I think the Geno Smith homers are more polarizing to scoff at any other QB option the Chiefs would pick. I was in on Geno very early in the season. Like people on here still thinking we had a chance to make the playoffs back in August/September and I was in on the hottest college QB already assuming an awful season by the Chiefs, and that was Geno. I think other QBs have outplayed him throughout the season and by the combine a true prospect will sprout just like it did for RG3, Cam Newton, etc.

I myself am in the draft a QB camp, and I am also in the camp that there are better QBs to draft than Geno Smith.

Which should be okay, not because of skin color, not because of his play, just because of watching all of the QBs, it comes down to who you think will succeed in the NFL. It's a crapshoot and the chance that all these QBs coming out hitting success in this draft is very low. Will it be Geno? Will be ____ or ____? none or all 3? you dont know. The key is finding the best one. Is Geno the best? I dont think so, I think there are better.

Who?

Chiefshrink 12-29-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248148)
I guess we have different definitions of racism then. When I hear someone is racist to me it means they are prejudice and dont think people who have a different skin color should have the same opportunities as them. If acknowledging statistical trends while also admitting exceptions makes you a "racist" then I guess Im a racist against my own race.

:clap: Excellent logical intelligence !

But 'candyman' I warn you not to go there because 'intelligence and Progressives are an oxymoron.

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248148)

Prejudice and racism are not the same thing.

People who are racist can have a prejudice against black people and then overtly display it and become a bigot.

Racism is passive, and most people are racist in one way or another.

stevieray 12-29-2012 10:36 AM

Man, if Priest Holmes were white, he would've been loved so much more...

DeezNutz 12-29-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9248164)
Actually, I think that, for most of the neanderthals we're talking about, the issue is far more fundamental. Some people actually thrive on hate. Throw in a heaping helping of basic ignorance, and you have the makings of a bigot.

FAX

Yep.

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9248166)
:clap: Excellent logical intelligence !

But 'candyman' I warn you not to go there because 'intelligence and Progressives are an oxymoron.

Understanding of the English language is not 'progressive'. Don't be silly. Racism, prejudice, and bigotry mean different things.

Reaper16 12-29-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9248174)
Understanding of the English language is not 'progressive'. Don't be silly. Racism, prejudice, and bigotry mean different things.

You're the silly one! The dictionary is the biggest example of Alinskyizing there is!

Saccopoo 12-29-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9248161)
I think other QBs have outplayed him throughout the season...

And who would that be?

Smith:

350/490
4004 yards
71.4% completion
8.17 ypa
40 TDs
6 Ints
164.6 rating

I triple dog dare you to name a guy who outplayed Geno Smith at the QB position in 2013.

In fact, here's the Greatest Two QB's of the 21st century's numbers from their record setting/Heisman final year in college:

Luck:

288/404
3517 yards
71.3% completion
8.7 ypa
37 TDs
10 Ints
169.7 rating

Griffin:

291/402
4293 yards
72.4% completion
10.7 ypa
37 TDs
6 Ints
189.5 rating

Career numbers are also nearly identical.

There is not a QB in 2013 that can touch Smith numbers wise and when you watch the games, Smith is doing shit that not even Griffin or Luck did in terms of being forced to put the ball downfield in tight spots with defenders hanging all over him. Both Baylor and Stanford have had offensive lineman drafted first round recently and substantially better defenses than what Geno has had to play with this year. (WVU's defense was ranked 107th out of 120 FBS teams.)

QB's outplayed him...you are ****ing high as shit.

FlaChief58 12-29-2012 10:43 AM

2012 WVU 350comp 490att 71.4comp% 4004yds 8.2ypa 40td 87lng 6int 164.6qbr

I don't see how anyone could look at Geno's stat line for 2012 and say he's no good

Chiefshrink 12-29-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9248146)
Those that don't want him cuz he's "a running QB" which he is anything but.

They are just using that as a cover for I don't want a black QB. And I say that because I'm white and I live in the country at times.

So what you are saying then hypothetically speaking of course if Johnny Football(Manziel) were 6'3" and 220 and had an equal arm to Geno and would declare for the draft then these supposed racist Chief fans would be knocking down Clark's door to draft him because he is white and Geno is black? Not because Johnny can flat out ball like Geno ? Because you know that Johnny is a running QB and is faster than Geno ??

Chiefshrink 12-29-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9248189)
2012 WVU 350comp 490att 71.4comp% 4004yds 8.2ypa 40td 87lng 6int 164.6qbr

I don't see how anyone could look at Geno's stat line for 2012 and say he's no good

Stats are amazing considering he was on a mediocre team and always had to push the envelope to win(meaning forcing the ball downfield-taking chances) meaning his INTs should be higher and completion pct should be lower BUT they are not.

DRAFT THIS KID !!

CaliforniaChief 12-29-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9248188)

There is not a QB in 2013 that can touch Smith numbers wise and when you watch the games, Smith is doing shit that not even Griffin or Luck did in terms of being forced to put the ball downfield in tight spots with defenders hanging all over him. Both Baylor and Stanford have had offensive lineman drafted first round recently and substantially better defenses than what Geno has had to play with this year. (WVU's defense was ranked 107th out of 120 FBS teams.)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Rausch 12-29-2012 10:54 AM

I'm not dead set on our QB.

I have my own preference but just taking one again is a huge step towards giving a $3it...