ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Drafting Corner (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257548)

RealSNR 03-20-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 8477808)
I don't think Pioli will invest that high in another safety, both with 1st round draft pick and with money. Berry's contract was for $60 million. Lewis as a 5th round pick, has been a low cost good player for the Chiefs. The Chiefs could get a better safety than Lewis, but not sure they are prepared to make that investment.

And after Lewis?

We haven't signed any safety depth this free agent period. We're going to need to get some guys in the draft, and I'd like to see them invest pretty heavily, actually. We need a quality player to back up. I'm sick of McGraw and Pissycat****y

BossChief 03-20-2012 09:21 PM

Routt gave up how many touchdowns last year?

Sure would be nice to have a playmaker playing right behind him....especially if SR goes down and Brown gets thrust into the starters role.

The kid is a damn good player that would be on the field a lot.

Don't forget, Berry is coming off an ACL and Lewis has missed games both years with us.

A guy like Barron would make this defensive secondary scary as hell.

loochy 03-20-2012 09:22 PM

we should draft a corner, wait for him to get good, then let him walk in FA

Wilson8 03-20-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8477821)
And after Lewis?

We haven't signed any safety depth this free agent period. We're going to need to get some guys in the draft, and I'd like to see them invest pretty heavily, actually. We need a quality player to back up. I'm sick of McGraw and Pissycat****y

Completely agree that the Chief's need to improve at safety and I think they will with a lower cost free agent or maybe a mid round draft pick.

Ming the Merciless 03-20-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8478057)
we should draft a corner, wait for him to get good, then let him walk in FA

ROFL

Blick 03-20-2012 10:00 PM

I think Barron could be a real possibility. We've already added insurance for Charles and Moeaki with Hillis and Boss, so I think we could look to help Berry out at safety as well.

Direckshun 03-20-2012 10:11 PM

Barron makes no ****ing sense.

Berry plays like 95% of our defensive snaps, and will be a Chief for 10 years.

An insurance policy isn't worth the #11 overall.

Corner is different -- we can let Routt go after a season or two if we have to.

We're not letting Berry go anywhere, ever.

Blick 03-20-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8478259)
Barron makes no ****ing sense.

Berry plays like 95% of our defensive snaps, and will be a Chief for 10 years.

An insurance policy isn't worth the #11 overall.

Corner is different -- we can let Routt go after a season or two if we have to.

We're not letting Berry go anywhere, ever.

:spock: They can play at the same time, and be awesome.

Wilson8 03-20-2012 10:19 PM

CB Casey Hayward from Vanderbilt looked good in the Senior Bowl practices and game. Good or bad, he has a lot of the qualities that Pioli looks for in the draft. Good SEC player, team captain, Senior Bowl standout, good vertical and broad jump, etc..

He's projected to be a 3rd round pick.

Jalil Brown seems to have Chiefs fans really liking him or hating him. He has a lot of good physical attributes but when I've watched him in practice and games, he seems to get beat a lot or does a lot of holding and grabbing the receiver to keep from getting beat.

I hope Jalil doesn't end up being another Donald Washington.

Chief_For_Life58 03-20-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8477821)
And after Lewis?

that ss from notre dame looked pretty good at the combine. never watched his tape or anything though. definitely looked like an upgrade to mcgraws dumb ass though

KC Hawks 03-20-2012 10:34 PM

Drafting Barron and moving Berry to FS (which I think would fully utilize his talents) is intriguing.

Direckshun 03-20-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blick (Post 8478276)
:spock: They can play at the same time, and be awesome.

Neither is a natural center fielder.

Direckshun 03-20-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 8478290)
CB Casey Hayward from Vanderbilt looked good in the Senior Bowl practices and game. Good or bad, he has a lot of the qualities that Pioli looks for in the draft. Good SEC player, team captain, Senior Bowl standout, good vertical and broad jump, etc..

He's projected to be a 3rd round pick.

Yup. Certainly someone to keep an eye on.

Direckshun 03-20-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Hawks (Post 8478348)
Drafting Barron and moving Berry to FS (which I think would fully utilize his talents) is intriguing.

Sheesh.

Why don't we just move Albert to RT.

KC Hawks 03-20-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8478363)
Sheesh.

Why don't we just move Albert to RT.

Berry played FS his first two years in college and racked up 12 interceptions.