ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith is Sam Bradford (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270160)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-18-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9413496)
Then you aren't looking hard enough. He's alot like Bradford.

Sorry, I see more of a similarity to Rodgers.

keg in kc 02-18-2013 06:31 PM

Smith has a better arm, and is I think more accurate intermediate to deep. He also has better presence in the pocket and is more capable of extending plays. He's also been successful with inferior talent, something Bradford never had to deal with prior to joining the Rams. I'll say the same thing with him as I do with Barkley in the Smith discussion: put Smith in that situation (either at OU or USC) and he's better than either of them. Put either of them at WVU and we never hear their name again.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-18-2013 06:32 PM

They both played in the Big Bevo!!

Ace Gunner 02-18-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9413484)
Bullshit, Bradford was absolutely not a reach.

The Rams had absolute garbage at the QB position and the only question was whether or not they should go with him or Suh. At worst, there was a 50/50 split and that's because people were calling Suh the next Sapp.

Not because they didn't think Bradford was a worthy #1 overall pick. Bradford was being touted as a potential #1 overall the season before and that's when he was going up against Stafford as a prospect, another guy that everyone loved at 1.1.

Don't treat this in hindsight - in real time there was absolutely nothing 'reach' about Bradford.

I felt at the time he was a bit of a reach. I felt that draft was weak up top 15 or so, and as I have said about drafting Geno, it was a need and the staff felt they could get him to play. I think he'll be alright, I think the same of Geno. but I also think these guys are going to need a lot of time and help. coaching helps, especially at first.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 06:45 PM

Sam Bradford has ****ing micropenis.

RealSNR 02-18-2013 06:46 PM

Sure. Let's go with Sam Bradford as our comparison. I don't ****ing care. Just draft him, KC.

Messier 02-18-2013 06:52 PM

Geno fans seem torn. They like the 1st overall aspect of Bradford, but since Bradford is meh, they don't fully want to compare the two. I think it's apt. Smith might be good in the NFL, but I don't think he'll ever be top three or anything.

Strongside 02-18-2013 06:53 PM

Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle. Einhorn is a man.

O.city 02-18-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9413559)
Geno fans seem torn. They like the 1st overall aspect of Bradford, but since Bradford is meh, they don't fully want to compare the two. I think it's apt. Smith might be good in the NFL, but I don't think he'll ever be top three or anything.

Could Foles be? You're a big fan of his, IIRC.

PaulAllen 02-18-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Who's your top three?

O.city 02-18-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Also, if you're only going to draft a Qb who can be top 3 in the league, you might be waiting a while.

Messier 02-18-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9413566)
Could Foles be? You're a big fan of his, IIRC.

No. I don't think so. I think Foles can be as good or better than many in this class.

I think some QB in this draft will be really good, like top ten good. I have no idea who, I have my ideas of who it might be, but just guesses.

O.city 02-18-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9413584)
No. I don't think so. I think Foles can be as good or better than many in this class.

I think some QB in this draft will be really good, like top ten good. I have no idea who, I have my ideas of who it might be, but just guesses.

Outside of his arm strength, I just don't see alot about Foles that would make me not take a chance on one of the top 3 in this class.

Apparently neither do the Chiefs, as we've been told the trade talks about him are overblown.

Messier 02-18-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9413572)
Who's your top three?

IN the NFL? Rogers, Brady ( for a little while longer), and if repeats what he did, Wilson.

Dave Lane 02-18-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9413467)
I think Geno's arm is much better than Bradford's ... but that's just me.

Agreed much better in my opinion but good comparison overall.