ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jared Goff on Mahomes: "Toughest guy in the NFL to defend, including Brees" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319022)

BandwagonChiefsFan 11-22-2018 11:22 AM

Jared Goff on Mahomes: "Toughest guy in the NFL to defend, including Brees"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-in-epic-duel

For what it's worth, you can count Goff among the growing legion of Mahomes fans.

"He's incredible," Goff said. "He's the toughest guy in the NFL to defend right now, including Drew (Brees)."

He'll get no argument from Peters, who got a glimpse of Mahomes' potential last year while playing against him in practice.

Did Peters know how ridiculously good the young quarterback was a year ago?

"F--- yeah," Peters said. "It's crazy. He used to throw insane passes in practice without even looking. He's gonna be special. Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton (Manning) -- you name it, he's gonna up there ... right along with Jared Goff."

88TG88 11-22-2018 11:23 AM

Tru

Deberg_1990 11-22-2018 11:25 AM

I was impressed with Goff too. Dude looks like a skinny, wimpy surfer boy, but he took some good licks from the Chiefs and kept on chuckin it. Hes very good.

Coochie liquor 11-22-2018 11:57 AM

Once all the dinosaurs retire, the league is still set up with a good core of qb talent. Ours is just the best of the bunch!

Molitoth 11-22-2018 12:06 PM

I hadn't seen Goff play outside of some highlights.

I came out of that game impressed. The Rams seem to be setup with a good QB for a long time.

Rasputin 11-22-2018 12:24 PM

I'd take Goff over Drew Brees too but not over Patrick Mahomes II

I think Mahomes and Goff are the best two quarterbacks in the league right now. Brees has the better defense and same coach for a long time that they are on the same page. Brees may have a few years left but his time is winding down and his records are going be up for grabs by Sir Patrick Mahomes II

Patrick is going have 500 touchdowns in the least amount of seasons in the 500 club.

dlphg9 11-22-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13909870)
I hadn't seen Goff play outside of some highlights.

I came out of that game impressed. The Rams seem to be setup with a good QB for a long time.

I was extremely impressed. I thought he was just over hyped, but the guy is clutch. He made some damn good throws when they needed them.

Rasputin 11-22-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13909884)
I was extremely impressed. I thought he was just over hyped, but the guy is clutch. He made some damn good throws when they needed them.

I think Gurley is over rated but Goff impressed me. I thought Goff was living off of Gurley but that wasn't the case at all.

Best22 11-22-2018 12:36 PM

“Gurley IS THE RAMS!”

Gurley proceeds to do nothing and Goff scores 40 points.

I never understood the Gurley MVP push, it’s like they’re being contrarian because it’s the “MVP, NOT THE MVQB!”

Sorry, QB is more valuable these days unless a RB drags a bad team to the playoffs like AP in 2012.

Goff was exactly who I thought he was. He was lucky but you can’t give him a second chance

Pitt Gorilla 11-22-2018 12:37 PM

Goff missed a lot of open throws. He kept the Chiefs defense in the game.

Best22 11-22-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13909892)
Goff missed a lot of open throws. He kept the Chiefs defense in the game.

Not everyone can be as perfect as Mahomes...

penguinz 11-22-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13909888)
I think Gurley is over rated but Goff impressed me. I thought Goff was living off of Gurley but that wasn't the case at all.

They didn’t use Gurley so how can you say he is overrated by watching that game?

Rasputin 11-22-2018 12:44 PM

See this is a good example of what's best in the great debate play rookie quarterback or sit them for a year.

Well as it turns out the player who works hard at his craft is going succeed either way. If you take your lumps you can learn from them if you sit on the bench you can learn from going in the off season knowing what expectations are. Jeff Fisher would have ruined Goff career had he stayed as head coach but Goff has really taken it in stride with Sean McVay. If anything Sean McVay should take a lot of credit for Goff success as he has elevated his game.

I think Patrick Mahomes II would have done just fine as a rookie and I believe without a doubt we would have beat the Titans in the playoffs. He is still learning and with experience those shootouts will be in end in our favor.

Rasputin 11-22-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 13909898)
They didn’t use Gurley so how can you say he is overrated by watching that game?

I thought he was over rated going into the game. Kareem Hunt is the real deal.

Three7s 11-22-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13909888)

Agreed, I thought Goff was a product of McVay's system and that Gurley really took the pressure off him. I was completely dead wrong in that. The guy is up there with the top QBs in the league, including Mahomes, obviously.