ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet ***CHAT USERS: Please weigh in here*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319791)

DaFace 12-23-2018 09:55 AM

***CHAT USERS: Please weigh in here***

It has been suggested that Chat be moved offsite to Discord. I personally don't know much about it, but I know a lot of people using for gaming chat and such. You'll have to register, but you can check it out here.

https://discord.gg/9RQQJXe

From my perspective, the main advantages of it are:
  • It's not on our server, so it won't lag or go down during games.
  • It's more modern, so you can do things like direct messages, images, attachments, etc.

On the other hand:
  • There's no direct integration, so everyone will have to manually create an account if you don't already have one.
  • Usernames won't translate from CP, so you might not be able to tell who is who.
  • It's a completely separate system, and the CP mods have no control over it, so it's kind of a free for all.

I personally don't care - I'm only an occasional chat user anyway - so whatever most of you chat users want, I'm fine with. If most people would prefer giving Discord a try, I'll change the link in the header.

JoeyChuckles 12-23-2018 10:36 AM

Discord is great. Our current chat is okay and fun, but it tends to freeze up and have issues.

I vote for Discord.

Either way, all of you in the game day thread need to get into chat instead.

petegz28 12-23-2018 10:40 AM

The chat here isn't bad when it works. I don't know what Discord is so I cannot comment...

TLO 12-23-2018 10:43 AM

The current chat here. Please don't take it away from us

digger 12-23-2018 10:53 AM

Discord: Everything You Need to Know

dlphg9 12-23-2018 10:56 AM

About 235!

RealSNR 12-23-2018 10:56 AM

I voted for keeping chat on the CP server because change is bad. Very very bad!

FAX 12-23-2018 10:58 AM

Hmm ... chat users appear to be a reasonable and democratic group of thoughtful and considerate people.

Odd. I was expecting a weigh-in confrontation leading to a few punches and perhaps some spitting.

FAX

TwistedChief 12-23-2018 11:00 AM

I would say use the current chat for the rest of the season. Disable it after we win the Super Bowl and mandate a move to Discord with the next preseason as a trial run.

DaFace 12-23-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13979019)
I would say use the current chat for the rest of the season. Disable it after we win the Super Bowl and mandate a move to Discord with the next preseason as a trial run.

I could go for that.

Easy 6 12-23-2018 11:11 AM

I've only poked my head into chat once several years ago, and not even for very long... can someone please explain whats so different and better about it?

DaFace 12-23-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13979035)
I've only poked my head into chat once several years ago, and not even for very long... can someone please explain whats so different and better about it?

Primarily, no reloading the page all the time. It's a much more free flowing conversation compared to game threads, where there might 20 new posts by the time you compose your own.

Easy 6 12-23-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13979043)
Primarily, no reloading the page all the time. It's a much more free flowing conversation compared to game threads, where there might 20 new posts by the time you compose your own.

I see, to each their own... I'm stuck in my ways with the game thread

SAUTO 12-23-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Makes sense

Bowser 12-23-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

I like this idea, but I'm not a chat user. I just like that we are going to win the Super Bowl, honestly. Give it a go next season.

How bad can the lags get on gameday in chat?