ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   EDIT: Sean Taylor shot, has died (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175368)

CoMoChief 11-26-2007 05:10 PM

this is what happens when you're a thug and constantly hang around this kinda shit. Not to mention he went to the U, where everything is legal if you're a football player. Hope he recovers though.

Micjones 11-26-2007 05:23 PM

You have to be a thug to get shot?

WHEW...

Good to know I'm safe.

CoMoChief 11-26-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones
You have to be a thug to get shot?

WHEW...

Good to know I'm safe.

No, but Taylor has had a history of being in that type of gang violence environment with the weapon charges and shootings etc. Eventually you hang around that shit too long and it'll get yourself critically injured or possibly killed.

dirk digler 11-26-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

GRAVE SITUATION FOR TAYLOR by Michael David Smith

Redskins safety Sean Taylor remains in the intensive care unit at Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital, about 16 hours after he was shot in his Miami home.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reported that at two different points during the six hours of surgery Taylor had this morning, he flat lined.

Schefter also reports that Redskins running back Clinton Portis and Vice President of Football Operations Vinny Cerrato were among the members of the organization who flew to Miami with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder.

Redskins coach Joe Gibbs has said he plans to stay in Washington with the team as it prepares for Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills.

Buck 11-26-2007 06:43 PM

I hope hes okay. I didn't know it was this serious.

Got a call from my dad at 8 AM and he said they might have to remove his leg, I didn't know that it was life-threatening.

Rain Man 11-26-2007 06:47 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7490604?MSNHPHMA

Source: Taylor in coma after surgery
Alex Marvez
FOXSports.com, Updated 1 hour ago STORY TOOLS:

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has fallen into a coma following surgery for a life-threatening gunshot wound suffered early Monday morning at his South Miami home, FOXSports.com has learned.

Taylor "flatlined" twice during the surgery, the NFL Network reported.
Redskins officials are en route to South Florida to visit Taylor.

One source said there is a concern Taylor suffered brain damage from the loss of blood and may not survive.

"It doesn't look good," the source said. "But he's young, strong and extra healthy. That's what he's got going for him."

Taylor was shot on the inside of his leg during a home invasion involving "one or maybe more" individuals, the source said. The bullet pierced Taylor's femoral artery, causing him to get rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.

The 24-year-old player was in the intensive care unit at Jackson Memorial Hospital after several hours of surgery, said family friend Richard Sharpstein, his former lawyer.

Doctors are worried the blood loss might affect blood flow to the brain, said Sharpstein, who was at the hospital with Taylor's family and friends.

The Redskins' Sean Taylor is in critical condition after his femoral artery was severed in a shooting early Monday morning. (Nick Wass / Associated Press)

The shooting came eight days after another invasion was reported at his home. According to police records, someone pried open a front window, rifled through his drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed.

Officers were sent to Taylor's home at about 1:45 a.m. after his girlfriend called 911 and said he was shot in his lower body, Lt. Nancy Perez said. Taylor had missed the last two games because of a knee injury and was at home recuperating. Taylor was airlifted to the hospital.

Investigators were still interviewing the girlfriend and other relatives who were in the home to try to determine what happened, Perez said. No arrests have been made.

"It could have been a possible burglary; it could have been a possible robbery," Perez said. "It has not been confirmed as yet."

Sharpstein said Taylor's girlfriend told him the couple was awakened by loud noises, and Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection. Someone then broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor, the lawyer said.

"It was clearly a burglary, an armed burglary," Sharpstein said, adding nothing appeared to have been stolen.

The shooting happened at the pale yellow house Taylor bought two years ago in the Miami suburb of Palmetto Bay. Taylor is in his fourth season with the Redskins after playing at the University of Miami, where he was an All-American in 2003. Despite his injury, he is tied for the NFC lead with five interceptions.

Redskins owner Dan Snyder arrived in Miami on his private plane with running back Clinton Portis, vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato and trainer Bubba Tyer.

Taylor called coach Joe Gibbs on Nov. 19 to let him know he'd miss that morning's regular team meeting because he was in Florida dealing with the first break-in on Nov. 17.

"I said, 'I understand that.' I said, 'Take care of your house and everything you have to there,"' Gibbs recalled.

Taylor was at team headquarters Saturday to treat his knee, Gibbs said, adding he wasn't aware the player then returned to Florida.

A group of Taylor's fans planned a two-hour vigil Monday evening outside Redskins Park in Ashburn, Va.

"This is not just a member of the Washington Redskins," said Redskins safety Pierson Prioleau, one of a few players made available to reporters. "But we're talking about a dad, a brother, a friend of ours, and that's where we're at with this right now."

Gibbs was joined by the team chaplain at the Redskins' usual Monday meeting. A small group of players held a separate prayer gathering.

The Redskins (5-6) lost 19-13 at Tampa on Sunday. Taylor did not travel with the team to the game because of his injury. Taylor sprained a ligament in his right knee in the second half of the Nov. 11 loss to Philadelphia. He was expected to miss at least two games.

Known as one of the NFL's hardest hitters, Taylor played in his first Pro Bowl last season, where he drew attention by leveling the other team's punter in what is usually a well-mannered exhibition game.

Taylor has been in trouble numerous times since he was drafted as the No. 5 overall pick in 2004. He has been fined at least seven times during his professional career for late hits and other infractions, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a playoff game in January 2006. He also was fined $25,000 for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium shortly after he was drafted.

Redskins coaches and players have defended Taylor, saying he was smart and misunderstood. Taylor has been slow to let anyone in his inner circle. He has rarely spoken to reporters, saying he does not trust them. Teammates said he became more mature over the last year after he became a father for the first time.

In 2005, Taylor was accused of brandishing a gun at a man and repeatedly hitting him during a fight that broke out after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles.

Taylor reached a deal with prosecutors last year after they agreed to drop felony charges against him. He pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors in the assault case and was sentenced to 18 months probation. The pleas prompted another fine from the NFL but kept his football career intact.

He also was ordered to talk about the importance of education at 10 Miami schools and had to contribute $1,000 for scholarships to each of those schools.

The man Taylor allegedly hit, Ryan Hill, sued, seeking at least $15,000 in damages. Hill sustained bruises to his body, incurred medical expenses and lost wages because of the fight, the lawsuit said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

HolmeZz 11-26-2007 06:48 PM

The latest report on ESPNews seemed to indicate his situation was improving. They said he was responsive.

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2007 06:50 PM

It was clearly a burglary, yet nothing was stolen.

:hmmm:

HolmeZz 11-26-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
No, but Taylor has had a history of being in that type of gang violence environment with the weapon charges and shootings etc. Eventually you hang around that shit too long and it'll get yourself critically injured or possibly killed.

You have absolutely no idea what happened regarding the circumstances of the incident. How about you wait for information to come out before you go on your little thug rant?

Buck 11-26-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7490604?MSNHPHMA

Source: Taylor in coma after surgery
Alex Marvez
FOXSports.com, Updated 1 hour ago STORY TOOLS:

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has fallen into a coma following surgery for a life-threatening gunshot wound suffered early Monday morning at his South Miami home, FOXSports.com has learned.

Taylor "flatlined" twice during the surgery, the NFL Network reported.
Redskins officials are en route to South Florida to visit Taylor.

One source said there is a concern Taylor suffered brain damage from the loss of blood and may not survive.

"It doesn't look good," the source said. "But he's young, strong and extra healthy. That's what he's got going for him."

So I hope that this isnt right and this is...

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
The latest report on ESPNews seemed to indicate his situation was improving. They said he was responsive.

siberian khatru 11-26-2007 06:54 PM

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redsk...l?nav=rss_blog

Les Carpenter, who is working the story for us in Miami, heard rumblings that Sean may have opened his eyes.

I have not been able to get that confirmed but just heard from a team offical that Sean is now responsive, which is obviously a turn for the best. I will continue working away to get more details, but this is obviously a turn for the better after Sean spent much of the day in a "non-responsive and unconscious" state.

As the person put it: "Finally, the first good news all day." Let's hope it's the first of more to come.

UPDATE: Vinny Cerrato just called us with confirmation.

"He was responsive to the doctor's requests to squeeze his hands and showed facial expressions. The doctors were very happy about that," Cerrato said " ... Two doctors came and told us they were excited about that."

Cerrato also confirmed my earlier reports about Sean being "non-responsive and unconscious."
Cerrato said: "We'd heard all that, and what they told us was to hope for a miracle."

Cerrato said Taylor is still in critical condition but did not have many details beyond that. Vinny said Sean was in surgery for seven hours.

Les Carpenter reports from the hospital there that the mood has changed dramatically around there and people are suddenly in much better spirits.

Just got off the phone with Richard Sharpstein, Sean's lawyer and a family friend.

Richard said they are saying Sean is in stable but critical condition and remains under constant care in the ICU.

"This was a great ray of sunshines, but we're not out of the woods yet," Sharpstein said from the hospital. "The doctors are stil guarded about the diagnosis. Until he comes to and speaks and recognizes people, they are going to be guarded, but this was obviously a very positive sign and a recognition of a command."

Rain Man 11-26-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
You have absolutely no idea what happened regarding the circumstances of the incident. How about you wait for information to come out before you go on your little thug rant?

It may turn out that he's a completely innocent random victim, but you have to admit: when you read that a Redskin got shot, who did you think was most likely to be the guy? Jon Jansen? Jason Campbell? When I read the headline that said, "Redskins Star in Critical Condition After Shooting" my immediate assumption was that it was Sean Taylor.

thehead 11-26-2007 06:55 PM

Get well soon you hard hitting sucker ,sucks to hear crap like this .

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

It may turn out that he's a completely innocent random victim, but you have to admit: when you read that a Redskin got shot, who did you think was most likely to be the guy? Jon Jansen? Jason Campbell? When I read the headline that said, "Redskins Star in Critical Condition After Shooting" my immediate assumption was that it was Sean Taylor.

Mine was Clinton Portis, but Sean Taylor would have been my second guess, for no other reason than the "crowd" they hang with and the choices they've made in the past.

HolmeZz 11-26-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

I didn't hear "a Redskin got shot". I heard "Sean Taylor got shot during a home invasion". There's no information at the present time to indicate he's anything other than a victim, so he should be treated as such until more stuff comes to light.