ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Will you ride the world's tallest water slide? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278771)

Bump 11-20-2013 04:35 PM

hell ya, I love a free adrenaline rush!

Deberg_1990 11-20-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 10207816)
hell ya, I love a free adrenaline rush!

Free? When has Schlitterbahn been free?
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 11-20-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10207812)
NYC is a fun trip. I've been 3x. I don't really have any desire to go back but it's a great city.

No desire to live there, but its a fun and unique place no doubt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pepe Silvia 11-20-2013 04:49 PM

I would for money. That bump is pretty scary, I'm worried I would fly completely off the slide.

displacedinMN 11-20-2013 06:11 PM

no-I have no desire to go that fast and be thrust off the last hill--then pull my shorts out of my butt.

CoMoChief 11-20-2013 06:16 PM

So....you won't go airborne when going over that hump?

Lame

DJ's left nut 11-20-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10207352)
Definitely worth a watch. Too bad this place wasn't closer to the KC area when I was growing up.

The Wikipedia entry on it is pretty awesome as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park

I've done something similar to that slide at a park in Breckenridge. They use the actual ski lifts to get you up there.

I don't recall it being nearly as terrifying as that one sounds, though losing skin was pretty easy (here's a tip: don't wear flip flops).

displacedinMN 11-20-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10207988)
So....you won't go airborne when going over that hump?

Lame

That is what I was thinking

Newton's laws in action.

CrazyPhuD 11-20-2013 09:36 PM

That slide needs to be sponsored by Baby Ruth.

mr. tegu 11-20-2013 09:50 PM

I can't see myself riding this. If it was just straight down I would be fine but that hump and what seem like small walls will keep me off of it.

Randallflagg 11-21-2013 01:07 AM

Hmmm...kinda reminds me of something..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rBUU7ITvKlI

cdcox 11-21-2013 01:19 AM

One of the pleasures of being over 50 is that you have nothing left to prove. I only do stuff that I want to.

Fish 05-28-2014 10:09 AM

Ooops..... accidentally launched in the air...

World's tallest waterslide on hold after test riders allegedly launched into air

The public opening of Kansas City's insane new waterslide, the tallest in the entire world, has officially been put on hold after test riders allegedly caught some serious air. Like no one saw this coming.

Ever since plans for the gigantic waterslide were announced, Verrückt has been one of our favorite stories to cover. It seems that with each new image or announcement, people get firmly divided further into two categories: "Hell yes, I want to ride this!" and "Oh, dear God, no thanks." Well, we won't blame you if the latest bit of news moves you squarely into the latter camp.

Schlitterbahn's record-breaking slide was slated to open in time for Memorial Day weekend, but now the opening has been pushed back after reports started surfacing that the first batch of test riders allegedly went airborne.

While there's no indication on whether "test riders" means actual, living people or weighted test dummies, that's definitely not supposed to happen either way, especially on a ride that stands taller than Niagara Falls. The test riders allegedly caught air near the bottom of the 17 story drop, which, honestly, is probably a lot better than at the top.

When asked, park officials wouldn't specify why the slide opening was delayed, but passed the delay off as routine maintenance, saying they were simply "taking apart and putting back together" the slide for safety purposes.

“It’s a one-of-a-kind attraction, and there is a one-of-a-kind process for getting it ready,” Layne Pitcher, marketing director for Schlitterbahn, told local news.

Despite the issues, Schlitterbahn still aims to open the ride just a week later than the the initial launch. The question is, will anyone still want to ride it?

“Based upon their adjustments, I don’t think I’d let my kids on it now,” Kansas City parent Cassandra Lewis told WXYZ Detroit News.

If all goes according to plan, you'll be able climb 264 steps to take the 60 MPH plunge down Verrückt at Kansas City's Schlitterbahn on June 5.

Deberg_1990 05-28-2014 10:13 AM

I'd ride it.

But only after several thousand people have successfully ridden it first.
Posted via Mobile Device

DMAC 05-28-2014 10:19 AM

Schlitterbahn: Verrückt rumors untrue, no test riders have gone airborne
May 24
BY DUGAN ARNETT
The Kansas City Star

Schlitterbahn’s record-setting Verrückt waterslide has garnered plenty of attention in recent months, as it gets closer to opening. But park officials are learning that attention can be accompanied by rumor and innuendo.

In the wake of the latest speculation surrounding the attraction — rumors that riders had gone airborne during a test run — a spokesperson for the Kansas City, Kan., waterpark on Friday denied any such occurrence.

“I can absolutely say that no test riders have gone airborne on the slide, because no test riders have gone down the slide,” said Layne Pitcher, chuckling.

The rumors began circulating earlier this week after posts on travel and news blogs.

But according to Pitcher, only sandbags and accelerometers have been used so far in the testing process.

He also laughed off the idea that the park might have leaked such a rumor to drum up publicity for the ride, which was named the world’s tallest waterslide by Guinness World Records.

“I can’t really say where that rumor would have come from,” Pitcher said. “The testing process we have in place is very extensive. We’re not going to let anybody get on this raft without it.”

Verrückt, which is German for “insane,” was originally scheduled to open in time for Memorial Day weekend. Last week, however, the park announced it would postpone the slide’s debut until June 5 as final adjustments and testing were carried out.

On Friday, Pitcher said the 168-feet-7-inch slide is still on pace to open June 5.

“A lot of the adjustments we were making have been made,” he said. “Nobody’s really done this before, so we’ve got to kind of expect the unexpected.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/05/23...#storylink=cpy