ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Level of Frustration? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175380)

bobbything 11-26-2007 12:43 PM

I think people are already starting to stay away. I don't care how many people the Chiefs SAY were there yesterday, that stadium was as empty as I have seen it in a long time.

The day Herm Edwards was hired is the same day I decided not to renew my season tickets. I'm not a huge Vermeil guy, but with him, I always felt there was hope. Probably because he's won a Superbowl and we weren't too far removed from the 13-3 season.

Thus far, it was the best economic decision I could have made. Not only is this team not very good, they're not much fun to watch; plus, the energy level at the games has dwindled.

Doesn't mean I won't watch from home though.

luv 11-26-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie
I'll never stop watching or going to my token one game per year. Win or lose, there are players on this team who deserve our support.

Do I still have the passion I had in previous years? Not even close, but that won't keep me away.

So true. I heard some comments from Tony after the game. He said that he may not like every play that is called, but he performs them to the best of his ability. He's open about his thoughts towrds the coaching, as well as how the players are performing. How could you not want to support someone like that!

Donger 11-26-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything
Doesn't mean I won't watch from home though.

That was my next question: does anyone have a breakdown of the revenue for the Chiefs? How much (%) is from ticket sales? How much from merchandising? How much from TV stuff? Other?

Does anyone know those figures?

luv 11-26-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
So, if I'm reading these correctly, those of you who will continue to spend your (or other peoples') money to attend games ARE flustrated, but not enough for you to boycott games (i.e., an empty Arrowhead)? Some because you enjoy the social aspects (e.g., luv) and some because you want to support the players, yes?

Is that an accurate assessment?

I would say, based on the information, yes.

HemiEd 11-26-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
Oh hell yeah they all get a share.

I will probably won't be doing the Sunday Ticket package either. Not worth it.

Things are going in opposite directions, the price is going up and the quality of football is going down.

It would take a lot to make me quit watching them, but they are getting close.
I have recorded three games this year for later viewing, no way could I do that prior to Herm.
I listened to the game on Sirius yesterday, while driving back to Chicagoland.
I drove right through KC about 11:30, without even the slightest consideration for attending the game.
Herm destroyed the offense in his first season, the home field advantage in his second.
I can't wait to see what he does next year.

2bikemike 11-26-2007 12:45 PM

As for me I am a Chiefs fan through and through. I can't simply say I am done watching this team. I don't live where I can attend games on a regular basis, I do watch them on TV in a sports bar or at home depending on the coverage.

I will watch next weeks game and probably be miserable the entire week. Especially since I have to deal with all the dumb ass Charger fans at work.

I guess thats the price you pay when your a Chiefs Fan. :banghead:

Donger 11-26-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
How could you not want to support someone like that!

Have you considered that the best support you can give the players is to use your economic clout to get them coaches that are retarted?

Dartgod 11-26-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Have you considered that the best support you can give the players is to use your economic clout to get them coaches that are retarted?

Ummmm, isn't that what we already have?

luv 11-26-2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Or to be at the games rooting them on. I think that an empty stadium would affect the players morale, enthusiasm, and motivation as well as the coaching staff/GM.

dirk digler 11-26-2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Dan
I actually laughed with joy. That is a first for me. I was rooting for the donkeys to win so they would bury us deeper in the division but at the end of that game I sided with da bears. Couldn't quite maintain my burst. This is really disheartening.

I didn't laugh but I had a small chuckle. I know some here will bash me for it but the way I look at it is that losing is the only way we can get rid of Herm and Carl.

KurtCobain 11-26-2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
Oh yeah, he really ran the Jets into the ground. You are such a ****ing douchebag.

Yeah, 4-12 isn't into the ground....

I gave up my season ticks two years ago, not due to lack of interest, but due to lack of cash. However next year I hope to buy season ticks once again and hold on to them for a while. Always a Chiefs fan. Through the bad and eventually into the good.

BigRedChief 11-26-2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

That was my next question: does anyone have a breakdown of the revenue for the Chiefs? How much (%) is from ticket sales? How much from merchandising? How much from TV stuff? Other?

Does anyone know those figures?

If I remember correctly from a Clayton article last year is was.....

Ticket sales are 18% - 20% of the total revenue for the average NFL team.

Official Sponsors, exclusive deals (Direct TV etc) and the TV contracts work out to about 65% of their revenue.

Merchandising 10%

Vending and parking on game day 5%

Donger 11-26-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Ummmm, isn't that what we already have?

ROFL

Please add "'nt" to the relevant word. Sorry about that.

Donger 11-26-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Or to be at the games rooting them on. I think that an empty stadium would affect the players morale, enthusiasm, and motivation as well as the coaching staff/GM.

You are such a woman.

Chiefs_5627 11-26-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey
Yeah, 4-12 isn't into the ground....

I gave up my season ticks two years ago, not due to lack of interest, but due to lack of cash. However next year I hope to buy season ticks once again and hold on to them for a while. Always a Chiefs fan. Through the bad and eventually into the good.

IMO there were MANY factors as to why they went 4 - 12. They lost 1st n 2nd string QBs within a handful of plays and Curtis Martin was done, just to name a couple. IMO take that away from any team and they will do poorly.