ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Matt Flynn rumors: Seahawks would reportedly trade QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269212)

Sorter 01-23-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA (Post 9343980)
If the Seachickens can't trade him he will stay there. What they pay combined for Wilson and Flynn is very manageable. They also are in good position cap wise. Paul Allen is the owner so money isn't an issue. I think the differences in styles is what is driving discussions. If Wilson got hurt Flynn couldn't run that style of offense nearly as well.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo...conpo1_500.gif

Frosty 01-23-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9343995)
That's exactly who I think Pete is going to take. When?

I'd guess 4th round unless his stock shoots up after the Combine. Of course, Seattle has shown they'll reach for players they want.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-23-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9344003)
I'd guess 4th round unless his stock shoots up after the Combine. Of course, Seattle has shown they'll reach for players they want.

Exactly what I was getting at. I think Pete is going to take him in the 2nd round.

Molitoth 01-23-2013 10:26 AM

Flynn has such a small sample size of NFL play that Seattle way overpaid for him.
Flynn is a much larger unknown than Matt Cassel was.

NO to FLYNN.

Frosty 01-23-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9344011)
Exactly what I was getting at. I think Pete is going to take him in the 2nd round.

It will be a late 2nd and all but that seems high for Scott.

Fat Elvis 01-23-2013 10:35 AM

I'd give the comp pick we get for Carr to trade for Flynn if he agrees to restructure his contract. He's a backup QB--and we need one. Cassel and Quinn (not to mention Stanzi) don't even cut that mustard.

Edit: This, of course, is assuming that he isn't cut outright.

milkman 01-23-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 9343812)

I wouldn't be excited about a trade or paying his salary, but I trust Pioli's opinion of the kid. He's seen a hell of a lot more of him than I have.

FYP to reflect those that were posted 4 years ago.

milkman 01-23-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9344044)
I'd give the comp pick we get for Carr to trade for Flynn if he agrees to restructure his contract. He's a backup QB--and we need one. Cassel and Quinn (not to mention Stanzi) don't even cut that mustard.

First....Hell no.

No way in hell I'd be okay with trading any picks.

Second, comp picks can not be traded per NFL rules.

The Franchise 01-23-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9343837)
Why do you say the Hawks will cut him. He's being shopped according to rumors. Not sure if anyone is going to make a deal for him as a starter though, and that's where the rub is.

If they don't find a trade partner, he'll BU Wilson, that's what he's doing now.

It was reported on Rotoworld that teams around the league don't think that the Seahawks have a chance in hell of trading them. They're waiting around for them to cut him because they don't want to pay Flynn $5 million to be a backup.

Fat Elvis 01-23-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9344049)
First....Hell no.

No way in hell I'd be okay with trading any picks.

Second, comp picks can not be traded per NFL rules.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

I'd still give a 4th for him then, but that is just me. We're going to have to use two draft picks on QBs anyway if we get rid of both Cassel and Quinn. I want both of those guys off the team.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9344060)
I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

I'd still give a 4th for him then, but that is just me. We're going to have to use two draft picks on QBs anyway if we get rid of both Cassel and Quinn. I want both of those guys off the team.

I'd rather use the 4th on a QB in the draft. Much, much more upside...

listopencil 01-23-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9343786)
If Flynn is let go, I'd have no problem with the Chiefs signing him to back-up whoever they draft #1.

That makes a lot of sense.

mcaj22 01-23-2013 10:52 AM

id rather use the 4th on drafting a starter at one of the many position holes on this crap team.

we will already be taking a QB in the first, no need for one in the 4th when we can still get a starter there.

DaKCMan AP 01-23-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9343772)
He threw 6 TD's during a regular season NFL game. I'd give him a look too if I were Dorsey/Reid.

sez stoopids

bevischief 01-23-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9344044)

Edit: This, of course, is assuming that he isn't cut outright.

You can't trade comp picks.